Ideas for Ashes Cricket 2010

Bluebagger

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
As the title suggests, will people power have a say? I'm not na?ve eough to think people would agree with my ideas but I would like to see,

• Custom tours - Test series only, One Day series only, Twenty20 series only, full tour, yearly test tour, yearly one day tour, yearly T20 tour
  • Season Mode - A span of say 25 years with the 5 years of future tours program and the previous 20 years or so, including past world cups and ICC tournaments
  • Region asigned commentary - Shane Warne and Johnathan Agnew calling India v Pakistan in India isn't right.
  • Better unlockables - All Time teams, great players, this would be a great unloackable feature instead of stadiums and equipment.
  • More stadiums - please, you had this in 2005 and in 1999 (I didn't play 2007 so I don't know.)

Most of these have been covered in past games and should really be a staple in 2009 and beyond.

Kabooka

International Cricketer
Licensing from Official sources or a complete in game editor to allow us to add custom in game graphics.

In game player editor , which allows us to change player appearance

Different player models ( currently all players share the same model )

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
More stadiums - please, you had this in 2005 and in 1999 (I didn't play 2007 so I don't know.)
I can say this is almost certainly in. They cut back deliberately to up the quality of the remaining stadiums this time. You'll at least get the WACA and Adelaide Oval for the Aussie Home Ashes series.

FreddieFan

International Coach
I'd like to see the following:

- Better stat tracking. Let us view the records for a current series/tournament - most runs, most wickets, batting and bowling averages, catches, stumpings, strike rates for one day and Twenty20 tournaments.

- The ability to look at scorecards/bowling figures for games fater they've finished and also for other innings of games currently being played.

- Hawkeye (both for bowlers and batsmen) available on request - for bowlers: current over, spell, and overall, against a particular batsman (normal hawkeye, pitch maps and the view of where it goes past the batsman). For batsman: entire innings, against a particular bowler (same views).

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Agree with the above points as well i would like to see changeable weather and the weather to have an effect on how the ball behaves, height attribute to be added which would not just vary the bowlers bounce but effect the length to bowl to different size batsmen.

While I'm at it how about a ball icon that shows its deterioration as the game goes on. Different balls could then react differently as in real life, plus an option to select one player to be the ball shiner, higher his attribute equals better shine equals more swing which could be then countered by the batsmen hitting the ball often and into the stands for extra damage.

A duck button is a must also

Last edited:

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
As the title suggests, will people power have a say? I'm not na?ve eough to think people would agree with my ideas but I would like to see,

• Custom tours - Test series only, One Day series only, Twenty20 series only, full tour, yearly test tour, yearly one day tour, yearly T20 tour
  • Season Mode - A span of say 25 years with the 5 years of future tours program and the previous 20 years or so, including past world cups and ICC tournaments
  • Region asigned commentary - Shane Warne and Johnathan Agnew calling India v Pakistan in India isn't right.
  • Better unlockables - All Time teams, great players, this would be a great unloackable feature instead of stadiums and equipment.
  • More stadiums - please, you had this in 2005 and in 1999 (I didn't play 2007 so I don't know.)

Most of these have been covered in past games and should really be a staple in 2009 and beyond.

Hard to disagree with that you've posted. Lack of game modes in AC09 is definitely a disappointment.

ulukai

Club Cricketer
Completely agree about need for game modes. Playing a full season and playing as legends would be great.

How about a replay option for every ball (instead of just select highlights) like most other sports games

Are there rain affected matches currently? I haven't seen one yet in all the games I've played

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
I can say this is almost certainly in. They cut back deliberately to up the quality of the remaining stadiums this time. You'll at least get the WACA and Adelaide Oval for the Aussie Home Ashes series.

And Bellerive Oval mate, six match series ;)

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I'm compiling a list of things I'd like in the next game and when the time is closer, I'll post it; this thread will be lost in the mists of time by then.

For now though:

The main thing I want is more polish and more content:

A custom tournament editor.
Replays from all angles, and with controls similar to EA's games.
Proper stump physics - let's see em fly!
Better sounds and better graphics, especially the crowd audio - it's awful!
Duck/leave/appeal button.
Make it easier for the modders to work on!

Others to follow.

MasterBlaster76 added 4 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

Fully agree with all that as well. :)

Last edited:

Gunner04

Club Cricketer
None of my suggestions pertain to gameplay, so in addition to everything listed above, I suggest:

• Variable weather during the days play, with conditions perhaps changing between sessions.

• The ability to keep the same bowlers bowling at both ends, without being prompted to choose a new bowler after each over is bowled.

• Use a game mode setting to separate game play realism. For example, and arcade mode and realistic mode. The difference between the modes could be batsman strength and bowler movement exaggerations for example. This will help to satisfy both casual and hardcore fans.

• Rotate the commentators during the day's play.

• It would be nice if the commentators didn't make it obvious it was a four soon as the ball leaves the bat.

• The ability to re-order the lineup before the toss.

Last edited:

Brook

Club Captain
Just one thing for now, the ability to see how the conditions are going to pan out over the 5 days, rough weather reports and pitch reports, because before the match you don't really get any idea in AC09.

P

pcfan123

Let us choose how many overs we want in a session in Test mode, not all of us have time to play 30 over sessions :(

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Just one thing for now, the ability to see how the conditions are going to pan out over the 5 days, rough weather reports and pitch reports, because before the match you don't really get any idea in AC09.

Yes, I'd love that, in fact I'd say it would be a very important addition.

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

None of my suggestions pertain to gameplay, so in addition to everything listed above, I suggest:

• Variable weather during the days play, with conditions perhaps changing between sessions.

• The ability to keep the same bowlers bowling at both ends, without being prompted to choose a new bowler after each over is bowled.

• Use a game mode setting to separate game play realism. For example, and arcade mode and realistic mode. The difference between the modes could be batsman strength and bowler movement exaggerations for example. This will help to satisfy both casual and hardcore fans.

• Rotate the commentators during the day's play.

• It would be nice if the commentators didn't make it obvious it was a four soon as the ball leaves the bat.

• The ability to re-order the lineup before the toss.

All good ideas there. It's especially annoying that you can't choose bowler partnerships in AC09, so you end up putting the wrong bowler on sometimes. The cursor should at least remain on a bowler close to the last one you used, instead of going up to the top of the list.

Brook

Club Captain
The cursor should at least remain on a bowler close to the last one you used, instead of going up to the top of the list.
I agree here, rather than having to go into a change menu.

Also on the subject of weather rain delays would be more realistic.

Also the bowling marker should appear at a random point on the pitch, the earlier in a spell the later it appears, as well as appearing later as stamina decreases. At the 'optimum point' there will be more time to position the marker. This would help the idea of bowling in spells, and make it more difficult to send down perfect ball after perfect ball.

Also I have an idea for 'manual' batting controls. For a right handed batsman, the right analog stick would control the footwork, and the left analog stick the bat. It would work in a similar way to Fight Night. It would be virtually one-to-one control, it's quite hard to explain, but it would give the user full control but also make batting more difficult and realistic I think.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread