India in Australia

Rangeela

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Likely Squads for 2nd Test

Australia (likely) 1 Justin Langer, 2 Matthew Hayden, 3 Ricky Ponting, 4 Damien Martyn, 5 Steve Waugh (capt), 6 Simon Katich, 7 Adam Gilchrist (wk), 8 Jason Gillespie, 9 Nathan Bracken, 10 Brad Williams, 11 Stuart MacGill.

India (likely) 1 Akash Chopra, 2 Virender Sehwag, 3 Rahul Dravid, 4 Sachin Tendulkar, 5 Sourav Ganguly (capt), 6 VVS Laxman, 7 Ajit Agarkar, 8 Parthiv Patel (wk), 9 Anil Kumble, 10 Zaheer Khan, 11 Harbhajan Singh

Rangeela

International Coach
2nd Test Stumps Day 1

Toss: Australia

Australia 400/5 (90.0 ov) (Langer 58, Katich 75, Ponting 176*) (Nehra 2/80)

Series: 4-Test series level 0-0

bomber

Club Cricketer
I went to watch this match today at the Adelaide oval. Excellent start by the Aussies, but it was a bit sad for me to watch Steve Waugh live for the last time.

Rangeela

International Coach
2nd Test Stumps Day 2

Australia 1st Inning 556 all out (Langer 58, Katich 75, Ponting 242) (Kumble 5/154)
India 1st Inning 180/4 (Laxman 55*) (Bichel 3/55)

India trail by 376 runs with 6 wickets remaining in the 1st innings

Rangeela

International Coach
Picture of the Day

Ricky Ponting blows his wife a kiss after reaching his double-hundred on the second day at Adelaide

vetts

Club Cricketer
You're likely aussie team didn't have Bichel, but sure enough he played and has gotten three wickets outta four (with the 4th being a runout). Bichel is a true champ. No way could they drop him cos of one bad game. I'd rather Bracken then Williams though.

Rangeela

International Coach
2nd Test Stumps Day 3

Australia 1st Inning 556 all out (Langer 58, Katich 75, Ponting 242) (Kumble 5/154)
India 1st Inning 477/7 (Dravid 199*,Laxman 148) (Bichel 4/114)

India trail by 79 runs with 3 wickets remaining in the 1st innings

UnderTaker

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
oh! man! thats yet again some wonderful partnership from this duo.... what else... records were flowing one after other.. and Dravid became the highest Indian scorer overseas... 233

And Aussies bowled out within almost two sessions.. all their top batsmen played reckless... poor performance by the aussies intheir 2nd inn... aint they a little bit overconfident.. what did Gilchrist do there in that crisis situation. Just went after the bowling. Altho he scored some runs, he therw away his wicket to Kumble... After all well done Agarkar who picked 6 wickets

End of Day 4:-

AUS 1st Inn - 556 allout ( Ponting 242, Katich 75 ) ( Kumble 5/154 )

IND 1st Inn - 523 allout ( Dravid 233, Laxman 148 ) ( Bichel 4/118 )

AUS 2nd Inn - 196 allout ( Gilchrist 43, S Waugh 42 ) ( Agarkar 6/41 )

IND 2nd Inn - 37 for no loss ( Sehwag 25* )

India require 193 more runs to win the match from a minimum of 90 overs to with 10 wickets in hand

UnderTaker

School Cricketer
Dravid After his 200

Attachments

• 048312.jpg
    048312.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 46

sonic

Club Cricketer
well done India - i must say after australia got that big score i thought you guys would cave in...but well played, all the batsmen and bowlers have put in some big performances and deserve to win the match - India for me have always under achieved, they have lots of big time players, but rarely consistently perform together as a "team", more games like this one so far and the sky is the limit cos they certainly have all the signs of being a quality side at long last, but you can only achieve this by performing collectively, so well done to them and may we see more of this indian grit and determination :)

UnderTaker

School Cricketer
ya.. i was just wondering what the **** were this team doing the last time they visited Australia... this is almost the same team that lost 3-0 that time. but now, they improved a lot in their courage and confidence under the captaincy of Ganguly... Well done! altho the match isnt over yet!!

Radaga

International Coach
The Indians might have to watch out now. Lee is a big chance to play the Melbourne test.
I think it is time to get rid of Gillespie, he can't last 5 days.

Auwais

International Coach
Back Tim? Not seen you for ages! Yeah the Indian victory was a great and sweet one, proving that they, as well as England, can beat the 'Awesome' Aussies but like Tim said, they'll have to watch out now because Brett Lee is fit again and will be in full flow to make a quick comeback in this 'clash of the titans' test series.

Auwais

International Coach
Might as well update since no-one else is doing so.

Close of play 4th test, Day 2

India 1st innings 650/5 (Tendulkar 220*, Laxman 178, Patel 45*)
(Gillespie 3/112, Lee 2/169)

650- The highest ever score by a team against Australia in Australia

220-Tendulkar's highest ever test score

Users who are viewing this thread