abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
There is no way Gambhir should be given preference over M. Vijay. We have invested in Vijay and while he hasn't set the stage on fire, he has shown that he is willing to improve. I hope people haven't forgotten his gritty 97 in Kingsmead against Steyn and Co.

And instead of asking what Vijay has done maybe people should ask what Gambhir has done to warrant a place on an overseas tour to England ? He succumbed to his favorite dab-to-third-man shot yet again in the last IPL match !!

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
There is no way Gambhir should be given preference over M. Vijay. We have invested in Vijay and while he hasn't set the stage on fire, he has shown that he is willing to improve. I hope people haven't forgotten his gritty 97 in Kingsmead against Steyn and Co.

The only positive I have seen in Murli Vijay's game is his ability to see of the new ball. He needs to be more consistent though even in that. It will be very tough for him against James Anderson but I am excited to see what he does.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The only positive I have seen in Murli Vijay's game is his ability to see of the new ball. He needs to be more consistent though even in that. It will be very tough for him against James Anderson but I am excited to see what he does.

That is very true. Even if he hasn't scored big, he has managed to eat up a lot of deliveries early on. Can be invaluable in overseas conditions

bumbisoft

International Coach
That is very true. Even if he hasn't scored big, he has managed to eat up a lot of deliveries early on. Can be invaluable in overseas conditions

Gambhir is there as reserve opener, so why so much chatter? He is certainly the best opener after the other two and is the only one along with MSD and Ishant who have toured England before

SambarVadai

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
*still finding a suitable explaination for Binny's inclusion.

I don't understand why aren't they giving a chance to Sehwag.He has put up a decent show in the IPL so far.If they can select a no goer like Binny,Sehwag is better than him.He can bat,bowl some spinning deliveries and fields well too.

lion100lion

International Coach
Because he doesnt play for CSK!
What a logic !!

The test squad comprises of :-
Murali Vijay, Shikhar Dhawan, Gautam Gambhir, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli, Ajinkya Rahane, Rohit Sharma, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mohammad Shami, Ishant Sharma, Stuart Binny, Varun Aaron, Wriddhiman Saha and Pankaj Singh.
Yeah, they all are in CSK :rolleyes

Last edited:

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Ok, @lion100lion; Why the hell is Ishwar Pandey in?

Ishwar is in because he has been very good in Ranji. He was the best bowler in 12-13, took 30-odd wickets(which is still highly respectable for a pacer) in 13-14 and performed well in A team tours as well. What more do you need? He has performed well for 2 consecutive years, maintaining a good average. Ishwar and Pankaj have undoubtedly been the 2 best pacers in last couple of seasons. Both of them fully deserve to be on the plane.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread