India in England Jun-Sept 2014

SWITCHHIT

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Mohit Sharma is not capable of tests.He can only take wickets when batsmen go for big shots.You can't fool a batsmen like that in test matches.Ishwar Pandey has got good line and length,so he is a good find(hope so as of now)Umesh yadav needs to work on his length,his line is good most of the times

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Hope Rishi Dhawan gets a chance.

Why such a hype surrounding this fellow? Definitely think we still have better fast bowling options.

And it's just too early to write off Umesh Yadav. What's worrying is that he's tending to do what Ishant did. Dropping pace and and concentrating on line and length, and eventually failing in both. Seriously would not want Varun Aaron going down the same line.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Why such a hype surrounding this fellow? Definitely think we still have better fast bowling options.

And it's just too early to write off Umesh Yadav. What's worrying is that he's tending to do what Ishant did. Dropping pace and and concentrating on line and length, and eventually failing in both. Seriously would not want Varun Aaron going down the same line.

Rishi Dhawan is a bowling all-rounder and that is the reason for the hype. He was leading wicket taker in the last ranji season and also made handful of runs. He can be ideal in those English conditions where Jadeja might not be as effective as he is in India. It is unlikely to happen because throwing him directly in this high profile series would be asking too much from him but he is surely one to look out for in the future.

I would love to see Umesh Yadav on this tour. He has been wayward in ODI but he was very good in the home series against England before he got injured. Hopefully he will get a chance to prove himself again.

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Rishi Dhawan is a bowling all-rounder and that is the reason for the hype. He was leading wicket taker in the last ranji season and also made handful of runs. He can be ideal in those English conditions where Jadeja might not be as effective as he is in India. It is unlikely to happen because throwing him directly in this high profile series would be asking too much from him but he is surely one to look out for in the future.

What speeds btw?

And it's hard for me to think that Dhoni will be going without a spinner in whatever the case may be. And Jadeja has to be his preferred option. Though I'd rather like some flexibilty in such case if Jadeja isn't performing very well with tha ball, which is hard to expect from someone like Dhoni.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Last edited:

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
In tests - I hope and pray that MSD will have the smarts and the confidence to play 4 frontline bowlers and Jadeja/Ashwin as the allrounder. We see batting failures overseas and tend to forget how many times we have given up on a strong start because our bowlers got tired. And that is bound to happen if you have 4 bowlers of which one is an allrounder.

So 2 openers, 3 middle order, MS Dhoni, Allrounder, 4 bowlers should be the norm.

4 ideal bowlers - Ishant, Varun, Bhuvi/Umesh, Mishra

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
What speeds btw?

He bowls around that 130 kph mark. He is currently playing for Kings 11 if you want to see more of him. He was the leading wicket taker in the last season of Ranji trophy so his line and length should be pretty decent.

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hoping to see Virender Sehwag get a chance in all the three formats again, i am sure Viru's experience is needed as there are no senior players right now. Dhoni in tests, especially in foreign soil is a joke. No way that Yuvraj or Raina will be coming close to a place in tests. Looking forward to see Ishwar Pandey, Zaheer Khan, Bhuvanesh Kumar and Mohammed Shami in the pace department. L.Balaji in the reserve or backup option isnt a bad idea either but Rishi Dhawan and Vinay Kumar are totally not recommended for any formats.

Either Dhawan or Vijay will be fine to open with Sehwag. Not sure if this will happen though, chances are more than Viru might not be in the scheme of things and maybe Vijay and Dhawan will open which will make India more weak with the absence of any senior players who have the experience of facing a team like England who are really very strong in their backyard like India is in India.

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
Kedar Jadhav, I'll pick him over Dhawan and Vijay any day. Or even Rohit, he has great numbers next to his name.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Numbers are only numbers at the end of the day

Indian team will be foolish to not persist with Dhawan and Vijay as test openers. They have been an investment, and they have done fairly well overseas. Dhawan was excellent in NZ and Vijay played some good knocks in SAF. Also even if Vijay doesnt score big, he tends to use up a lot of deliveries and that will always help the next batsmen who are due to come in. Especially overseas

SambarVadai

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Are they even willing to score more than the total extras conceeded in the tour?

Binny...they are kidding me.The guy lanks like a fool.He can;t even score much in IPL..

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Wtf why is Zaheer out now? Good to see Gambhir in the squad. He really deserved it, how is Pankaj Singh in the squad? Was he in good form in Domestic? I have no clue any one can shed light?

----------

BTW Just saw do not know why Umesh Yadav wasnt selected :facepalm He did well in Champions Trophy.

Playing XI

Dhawan
Vijay
Pujara
Kohli
Sharma
Gambhir
Dhoni
Ashwin
Shami
Kumar
Sharma/Pandey/Aaron

----------

That lineup of batting is rock solid with Gambhir in between but I know its just a dream and apparently Jadeja would be picked

Epic

Panel of Selectors

That is a huge squad, the 2011 tour must still be lingering in their mind when players were coming home with injuries every week really. :p

Squad's alright, would've liked to have seen Umesh for Ishant and Rishi for Binny.

My XI for the first Test provided everyone is fit:

1. Shikhar Dhawan
2. Murali Vijay
3. Cheteshwar Pujara
4. Virat Kohli
5. Rohit Sharma
6. Ajinkya Rahane
7. MS Dhoni*?
8. Ravindra Jadeja
9. Bhuvneshwar Kumar
10. Ishwar Pandey
11. Mohammed Shami