India in England Jun-Sept 2014

grkrama

National Board President
1}Why Pujara is not in ODI squad?
I like that chap very good fellow but raina and me are bosom buddies:yes

2}Why he(his captaincy) becomes so defensive in test matches?
Oh come on dont you get bored sometimes looking at our bowlers running into bowl over after over repeatedly to the same batsman, the nonthreatening sponge balls....i guess my mind just drifts off:rolleyes

3}Why Bhuvi is not in test squads?
IShy can bounce the ball he is tall, he bowl according to fields;)

4}Why Ashwin and Jadeja are given so many chances?
SIR ji nough said..next question

5}Is he really innocent and not involved is IPL fixing?
check with my dry cleaners...they are the best in town.

6}In IPL he performs for CSK but why not for INDIA in t20?
yellow yellow lucky fellow...plus sakshi visits IPL matches more:D

7}Why he comes at no. 6/7 for india in t20's and at no. 3/4 for CSK?
:grin

Guess MSD answers are good enough:p

No but seriously speaking , i think most people criticizing MSD like hell don't realize how good he is until he is gone, and the best option to replace is kohli who i believe is not yet ready ion terms of temperament to handle situations as captain, but he will surely mature just as he did with his batting.

I think MSD is a bit of give as much chance as possible to a player before dropping for good, it has worked well with everyone except for ROhit n ISHy mishy as just he was going to be shelved he gave that little blip in the radar and hanging around, that said pujara its time he became part of ODi squad in place of rohit or yuvi.

As a player the only area MSD has to improve is overseas tests which i think is goign to be difficult with his batting technique but he may do something about it..

Last edited:

SWITCHHIT

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
:lol:clap A great conference with MSD.Well,jokes apart but questions 1,2 and 4 are very important
1)Pujara provides solidity to the team
2)He is really very very defensive
4)Ashwin and Jadeja are limited overs players

grkrama

National Board President
1.well pujara i believe will get a chance in the next odi series, he is almost a must at 4 given poor form of yuvi and raina esp overseas.

2.His defensiveness mostly stems from lack of resources at his disposal, he doesn't have faith in the bowlers and you cant blame him.

4. Ashwin was good so why he is getting a long string, jadeja is vital for ODI's, for tests esp overseas he is not required and someone like rishi dhawan, ojha or mishra will be better.

Last edited:

SWITCHHIT

Club Cricketer
1.well pujara i believe will get a chance in the next odi series, he is almost a must at 4 given poor form of yuvi and raina esp overseas.
I dont think so
2.His defensiveness mostly stems from lack of resources at his disposal, he doesn't have faith in the bowlers and you cant blame him.
he is the reason himself
4. Ashwin was good so why he is getting a long string
Never ever in tests abroad

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I am 50-50 on the whole Dhoni situation.

- He is definitely defensive by nature and its not just down to resources. In ODIs, we have seen him take wicket taking bowlers off the attack to save them for a later time, and get the momentum to slip away. But he is still quite brilliant in ODIs and T20s especially in home conditions. In tests, his field placement is very uninspiring and borderline ridiculous.

- He does like sticking to the same batch of the players regardless of their failures. I think its more to do with his comfort-level than favoritism though. He probably feels he can get the most out of certain players than others. But he gets carried away and fails to realize that an in-form untalented player is always more valuable than an out-of-form-talented player

- I feel, he is really good at assigning roles to players though, which makes him a good captain and helps his players keep an uncluttered mind. But the assignment of roles themselves is questionable. Asking Ashwin, your main spinner, to work on containment than wickets is just wrong. Especially when you favor a 4 bowler attack where one of them is an all-rounder (Jadeja)

----------

No need to take Ashwin in that side.He never performs overseas.We need a good quality spinner.And batting is good but opening is a big problem.Sehwag and Vijay would be a good option.

Sehwag ? He was SHYT throughout the Ranji Trophy where an in-form Sehwag would have plundered runs.

And I think everyone keeps forgetting how frustrating it was to see Sehwag gift his wicket again and again and again in the previous 2 years of his Intl. outings. There is no need to replace Dhawan as an opener in Tests. He showed willingness to improve in NZ and produced excellent results

grkrama

National Board President
Never ever in tests abroad
the same tag was attached to kumble before he performed decently outside too.im not defending ashwin too much, except he does deserve the chances he got, may be one more test otherwise switch to mishra or ojha. Also outside SC they hardly make spin friendly pitches, so i doubt whether others will also ne successful much, what we are lacking is pace bowlers outside not spinners.

On the whole yes MSD isnt perfect , he is horrible in selection and defensive in tests, but i would still put him as the best captain right now for the team over anybody else.
He is good in grooming the side as a whole, in a year or so im sure he would have a really good side also groomed kohli to take over, many are forgetting this is still a transition phase esp in bowling dept, at-least now we are not running though bowlers in a hurry but trying them out fully.
MSD is a captain experienced in achieving things whether it be cups or a ranking.Im sure he will take the team to next level, despite the issues.

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
4)Ashwin and Jadeja are limited overs players
Have you seen their test stats? Why would any captain got for some other player who never tasted overseas before and that is where for once you blame the BCCI and not Dhoni.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Ashwin will start clicking at some point in tests. How quickly he does it is upto him. I do see him in the Kumble mould. Kumble was a "tiger at home and pussy abroad" at the beginning. At a certain point, he started changing things and became a reliable bowler abroad too. Ashwin too can do it. He is a thinking guy very much like Kumble. Right now, he is thinking way too much. He needs to reduce that, and focus on the right things.

I think Jadeja doesn't have a big future in test cricket. He is the kind of guy who can be useful in limited overs. I would pick Ojha ahead of Jadeja. Mishra should be definitely picked, and ahead of Ashwin and Ojha. I will keep Ashwin as the second spinner and his batting talents (esp. overseas) tilts scales favorably for him. For fast bowlers, Bhuvi Kumar, Md Shami and Umesh Yadav would be my most preferred trio, with the likes of Ishwar Pandey and Varun Aaron as backup.

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
Oh if Ishwar had more pace in him, his hight would have been good for fast bowling as well, should take classes from some one like Akram which is very unlikely to happen.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Oh if Ishwar had more pace in him, his hight would have been good for fast bowling as well, should take classes from some one like Akram which is very unlikely to happen.

I think Ishwar is in the 130-135 range, with the occasional 140's. He is definitely not a military medium bowler.

Shami can bowl fast, and so can Yadav and Aaron. Having one guy in that 130-135 range is not a bad thing.

Earagav

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
Umesh Yadav
He has had a costly career at home.
He hasnt performed well in overseas too.
I think dhoni would like to try Mohit Sharma.
Bhuvi and Shami are must.
Varun Aaron can be kept as a Xpress.
But on green pitches in England, Swing and Seam are more important that pace.
So, maybe Mohit Sharma gets a chance.

I would like to bring Ishant Sharma back, has he has been economical in tests.

I fell there should be only 1 spinner laying Ashwin/Mishra/Jadeja/Ojha,

Hope Rishi Dhawan gets a chance.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
He has had a costly career at home.
He hasnt performed well in overseas too.
I think dhoni would like to try Mohit Sharma.
Bhuvi and Shami are must.
Varun Aaron can be kept as a Xpress.
But on green pitches in England, Swing and Seam are more important that pace.
So, maybe Mohit Sharma gets a chance.

I would like to bring Ishant Sharma back, has he has been economical in tests.

I fell there should be only 1 spinner laying Ashwin/Mishra/Jadeja/Ojha,

Hope Rishi Dhawan gets a chance.

Umesh Yadav performed very well in that test series in Australia. After that, he has had a stop start career so far. He has leaked runs in limited overs, and based on that, he has not been given enough opportunities in tests. He is definitely one guy who needs to be backed, and Dhoni has not done it well.

Mohit is not test material yet for sure. I dont see the sparks in him to give confidence that he will do well in test cricket. Same with Rishi Dhawan. Any allrounder cant get a place in the Indian side. You need to make a pretty big splash and a consistent one to be placed in that line where you take a stab at Indian cricket. Rishi Dhawan is just not there.

Two spinners + 5 fast bowlers can easily be taken to England.

Users who are viewing this thread