India in South Africa

sohummisra said:
KKD Kaarthick needs to put in an effort to stake top wicketkeeper claim. :) Or we could just self-destruct and get bowled out for below 100.

Mongia isn't out, just Dhoni.
But aren't keepers supposed to be good at keeping? That's why they are called Wicketkeepers and not Batsmen, right?
On Cricinfo, it's 52 needed off 48.

ZoraxDoom said:
But aren't keepers supposed to be good at keeping? That's why they are called Wicketkeepers and not Batsmen, right?
On Cricinfo, it's 52 needed off 48.
Keepers in the modern day are evaluated based on their batting and their keeping. Especially in a team like India where our top order is probably going to crumble.

Not the keeper's fault. Why dump a not-so-good-batsman keeper because our top order sucks?
beh, why am I arguing with you, not like you or anyone here could change anything...
46 off 42, another four for Mongia...

ZoraxDoom said:
Not the keeper's fault. Why dump a not-so-good-batsman keeper because our top order sucks?
beh, why am I arguing with you, not like you or anyone here could change anything...
46 off 42, another four for Mongia...
Well, it's easy to say that that's unfair for the keeper, but that's really not the way the team works. We can't drop our top order because it has too many big names so people like Kaarthick will have to be scapegoated.

Morkel to Karthik, no run, fullish outside off stump, little movement, and whats this? Karthik shoulders arms! Hasnt he got the memo? The Tests dont start till a little later this month
:D
38 from 36, this is getting close. Who do we have next?
Raina.
Oh God no! :(

Karthik awakens!! Hits a four!
33 needed off 30...

And he's gone back to sleep...
15.3 Morkel to Karthik, no run, full outside off stump and moving away, and again Karthik shoulders arms...umm, run rate....??

This is turning into a bit of a nipper here; Peterson comes on and 3 out of 3 balls right on the money, the 3rd ball being decisive. Come on Safrica.

MONGIA GONE. Dang nabbit!

Ok I still think that whatever we'ver done so far is good enough for a fight. We haven't capitulated so badly, and we're still in a position from which we can win from.

India definitely have the fire power to win from here on in, but I won't be surprised if they somehow manage to lose anyway.

Because a wicket could be decisive here, and Raina is more reliable

Users who are viewing this thread