India in South Africa

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Getting those 2 wickets last night would have made it easier for India to believe they could win. Without them there would be a lot more doubt.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Cricket_god said:
I think munaf will be the trump card for india because of his hieght and some uneven bounce he might be a handful and also reverse swing.I thing he will
probably win it or lose it.
He isnt fit and can barely run.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Rain Rain, come again! Little Mary wants to play!

Considering how South Africa were going, rain has come as a welcome relief for India here and a welcome breather.

The rain is expected to be there for 30 mins or so, as its getting heavier by the minute. If it can eat out an hour's play here, it would become all the more pressure for South Africa and could make them think differently, play some risky shots and could also play into India's hands. They will surely look for a win here. Only 100 to win, so no matter how much time the rain eats up, they will try to win.

So India now just need to peg away at the South Africans. India should not try to attack at all. They need to dry up the runs, and wait for the wickets to come!

A draw here would be a huge achievement! A win would be miraculous!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
nightprowler10 said:
India don't seem to have a real game plan for today. Their bowlers are hemorrhaging runs and have given up 18 just in the last two overs. The only thing that could save them now is rain.

....and its pouring. Lucky for Dravid.

Yes, its actually pouring heavily now. Wow, I luv this man, I just luv this..

India needs more and more rain here!

nightprowler10 said:
True but as you said yourself, its only 100 runs and they still have 8 wickets left. I don't quite see them getting under pressure just even with an hours delay.

Yeah, but its not an easy wicket by any means. Kumble is still posing questions. It required the positive intent of both batsmen and a bit of luck to get the runs that they have got against Kumble. With the ball getting softer, it becomes more difficult.

Last edited:

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
India don't seem to have a real game plan for today. Their bowlers are hemorrhaging runs and have given up 18 just in the last two overs. The only thing that could save them now is rain.

....and its pouring. Lucky for Dravid.

saisrini80 said:
The rain is expected to be there for 30 mins or so, as its getting heavier by the minute. If it can eat out an hour's play here, it would become all the more pressure for South Africa and could make them think differently, play some risky shots and could also play into India's hands. They will surely look for a win here. Only 100 to win, so no matter how much time the rain eats up, they will try to win.
True but as you said yourself, its only 100 runs and they still have 8 wickets left. I don't quite see them getting under pressure just even with an hours delay.

saisrini80 said:
Yeah, but its not an easy wicket by any means. Kumble is still posing questions. It required the positive intent of both batsmen and a bit of luck to get the runs that they have got against Kumble. With the ball getting softer, it becomes more difficult.
Good point. Plus the outfield will be quite wet I assume, so the boundaries won't come as easily. Still, I'd be pretty relaxed right now if I were a South African.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
SA sending in Pollock was a surprise but a good move it seems. Pollock can blast SA to this total and if he fails they have the wall in Kallis to steady the ship. Good thing rain has arrived for India, just need it to go the whole day now ;)

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Yeah I thought that by sending Pollock out, Smith was sending Dravid the right message; "we're not here to defend the ball!" :p

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
I think SA have got this match. India don't seem to be in a killer mood to rip through their line up. 100 runs is way too little now. The rain will go away after a while. 100 runs is achievable even with only 25 overs left in the day.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
nightprowler10 said:
Yeah I thought that by sending Pollock out, Smith was sending Dravid the right message; "we're not here to defend the ball!" :p
I think the Proteas anticipated the rain and Kallis isnt a quick scorer (yeah I do know he scored the fastest 50) so sending Pollock was a very positive move. Something that Rahul Dravid and his men might want to learn from.

Well only the weather can save India now.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
m_vaughan said:
I think the Proteas anticipated the rain and Kallis isnt a quick scorer (yeah I do know he scored the fastest 50) so sending Pollock was a very positive move. Something that Rahul Dravid and his men might want to learn from.

Well only the weather can save India now.

I havent seen Dravid show much of positive intent through his captaincy period. I never really like him as captain! He is much better off as a player!

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
andrew_nixon said:
Shame the weather is intervening, this has been a great Test so far.

I think the weather has made it more interesting, with South Africa needing to pick up the pace even more if it keeps raining.

Users who are viewing this thread