India Team Discussion

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Few things on the Selection Committee- while we all agree a bunch of no-gooders are in charge, I would honestly like to see the below structure in Indian cricket selection

1. Chief Selector- someone who has proven himself, irrespective of age and is a no-nonsense person. Amarnath, Vengsarkar, Srikkanth, More or even Agarkar
2. The Indian captain for the format
3. The Indian Head Coach/ Cricket Director(should the position change)
4. IPL Representative - can be any of the Team's coach/ Head Coach- Chandrakant Pandit/ Amre
5. U-19/India A Team management- Kanitkar/ Prasad/ Robin Singh- people who have led these teams
6. Head of the NCA

I believe the above structure would help our putting together a strong team. In the hands of mere nobodies, the team is really going down-hill

No way I am shelling out on anything labelled Byju's - they are a horrible company. How long is their sponsorship association with BCCI?
I wouldn't buy any Indian jersey with BYJU on it tbh. For me, the best ones were produced by Nike- the Sahara and Star sponsors seemed classy, not BYJU. As for the sponsorship, it has been reported they wanted to exit, seeing as they have coughed up too much money on it. I wouldn't be surprised if Indian cricket ends up getting sponsored by a Reliance/ Adani company in the near future. Given the extent to which cricket TV/digital rights have gone, I'd expect a similar showing for Indian cricket as well.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Kuldeep Sen’s domestic stats are rough but he’s had a very fine outing vs NZ A today. Will he be a dark horse contender for an Indian XI place in the near future?

I’m most certainly worried about the lack of importance pace has been given to in the T20I team though. Feels like we’ll need a total rethink there once we finish this WC campaign.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Feels like we’ll need a total rethink there once we finish this WC campaign
I'd expect them to. If the recent matches are anything to go by, the main Indian XI hasnt played many ODIs in the lead up to the WT20. Once this WT20 campaign is done, expect the attention to shift towards the CWC 2023. Going by the trend, I do not see the likes of Rohit, KLR, Kohli, the keepers, Bumrah featuring in the T20 setup.

I'd expect a fresh team lead mostly by a Sanju/ Gill as they attempt to build towards WT2024.

Bevab

Staff Member

Our fanbase has an incredibly short attention span and it is a shame that people have forgotten just how bad and comical things were in the past with regards to Kohli-Shastri that we have people now suggesting that things were better off back then despite having a better team then. I still remember a lot of these instances, heck I remember Rahane being the number four before this too and being backed publicly too and getting a series only, I remember Shreyas being ditched after a couple of missed chances too. Many posts in this very forum have pinpointed exact moments where chances and opportunities were squandered in the previous regimes multiple times in the past and I honestly feel anyone suggesting that things were better back then should just be made to automatically go back to said posts.

For me personally the Shami situation was the most egregious, I remember saying pre-match, during the match and post-match how badly Shami was treated or viewed that one of the most lethal pacers in ODI cricket was not considered for a semi-final where the conditions suited his bowling.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Wait, the MS Dhoni Oreo edition cookies are real? I mean it legit has those engraved on them?

Bevab

Staff Member
Looks like Raj Bawa will be the next big all-rounder prospect for our side. Two of his wickets today were that of tail enders and he flopped with the bat in contrast to Thakur but given how threadbare the cupboard is it is fair to be excited about a young all-rounder picking up 4 wickets against a decent side.

B

Bigby Wolf

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Looks like Raj Bawa will be the next big all-rounder prospect for our side. Two of his wickets today were that of tail enders and he flopped with the bat in contrast to Thakur but given how threadbare the cupboard is it is fair to be excited about a young all-rounder picking up 4 wickets against a decent side.
Need to groom him well. The antics at the U19 CWC have been well rewarded here.

Bawa could the next big thing, but needs to be handled well. At the moment, it seems to me that he has been thrust into the side very raw! I would still give him a decent run in the domestic setup before migrating him over to India A. Personally, would have given Bawa 2 years.

On the other hand, I also see his U19 captain making great strides. Matter of time before he is tried out as well.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
So the next big thing will be worse than Shardul Thakur.

Bevab

Staff Member
Need to groom him well. The antics at the U19 CWC have been well rewarded here.

Bawa could the next big thing, but needs to be handled well. At the moment, it seems to me that he has been thrust into the side very raw! I would still give him a decent run in the domestic setup before migrating him over to India A. Personally, would have given Bawa 2 years.

On the other hand, I also see his U19 captain making great strides. Matter of time before he is tried out as well.

I agree. Bawa being thrust into the spotlight this quickly just shows how desperate we are for another pace all-rounder.

I believe he will be fast-tracked into the Indian team if he has a solid Ranji season or two. Hardik is unlikely to be featuring in tests anytime soon and Bawa isn’t likely to be used well by the madhouse that is Punjab Kings so Ranji should be his best bet to stake a claim for higher honours especially in the longer format.
Post automatically merged:

As for Dhull, he’s off to a flier but his position and role is arguably the most jam packed at the moment with another generational talent in Gill only now getting proper rotation chances. I foresee a similarly if not more long time for him to jump the queue. His leadership asset will be keenly looked at though.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Rajwardhan Hangargekar- another one to look out for.

I do believe Hardik will hang up his boots from the longer formats post CWC 2023. I think his body isnt used to running around to this extent. Hence, the need to fastr-track another all-rounder into the mix.

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Rajwardhan Hangargekar- another one to look out for.

I do believe Hardik will hang up his boots from the longer formats post CWC 2023. I think his body isnt used to running around to this extent. Hence, the need to fastr-track another all-rounder into the mix.
I would really like 2 to 3 good part timers in Top 6 over being dependent on one genuine all rounder.

India's has always relied on its part timers in the past, Yuvraj Singh, Suresh Raina, Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag, Sourav Ganguly.

Everyone could chip in 3-4 overs easily in an ODI. It provided more balance to the side.

Users who are viewing this thread