India Team Discussion

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India

@icyman had it been Pakistan, Australia, England, NZ and perhaps SA they would’ve taken the gamble with this guy and slot him in the World Cup as those teams have done with fast bowlers over the years. McGrath made the point that pace is something you cant teach, very rare to find a youngster of this caliber in world cricket today. If his body can hold up I think he can be the next Mitch Johnson, sad he has to represent India cuz theyre already mismanaging him.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

@icyman had it been Pakistan, Australia, England, NZ and perhaps SA they would’ve taken the gamble with this guy and slot him in the World Cup as those teams have done with fast bowlers over the years. McGrath made the point that pace is something you cant teach, very rare to find a youngster of this caliber in world cricket today. If his body can hold up I think he can be the next Mitch Johnson, sad he has to represent India cuz theyre already mismanaging him.

Ah yes NZC the most conservative board in the cricketing world that refuses to call up or play Ben Sears, their biggest pace prospect in quite sometime and a pretty rapid pacer ahead of domestic journeymen who haven't got an ounce of the same potential in Duffy, Tickner and a Southee who's often struggled with the white ball for years will gamble on Umran Malik.

Yes South Africa would have also gambled on Umran Malik surely, oh wait what's that they haven't even selected Marco Jansen (quite rightfully I might add) who is also quick, lanky and has the potential to be one of the best left-armers in world cricket for the T20 WC? Surely not, these aren't the actions of yet another conservative board who prefer to select domestic journeymen batters and bowlers ahead of young domestic guns in all three formats?

England when their entire white ball attack was out of action chose to opt for round two of Topley, Gleeson and Mills rather than throw in a young gun too in their own bilaterals. And they've opted to select Woakes and Wood fresh from injury without any game time rather than throw an inexperienced youngster from their domestic circuit into a high profile tournament.

And yes Australia are surely selecting that bloke that the late Warne used to prop up in Meredith given he has global T20 experience and can bowl 150 kph easily... oh wait what is that you're saying about him not having represented Australia in over a year?

Pakistan are the only side who would have even thought of this gamble and even then the pacers they select for big profile tournaments usually have some domestic experience behind them. Naseem Shah for example has more first-class games compared to Umran Malik in T20s. The main reason why Pakistan would think about it is because they have an entire lost generation of pacers and they're somehow one of the few boards who realise that it is far better to pick an inexperienced young starlet and back them if your experienced alternatives are just a bunch of journeymen who have no potential or limited talent.

Just to illustrate how stupid your proposition is, here are all of the players that various countries have opted to not select who could have been valuable 'gambles' (bear in mind that all of these players have a lot more domestic experience than Malik has)

:aus: Riley Meredith
:eng: Henry Brookes
:ban: Shoriful Islam (whilst Ebadot remains in the team)
:saf: Marco Jansen
:saf: Gerald Coetzee
:wi: Jayden Seales (ffs West Indies opted to recall Cottrell rather than play him)

Coetzee and Brookes haven't even played a token international game yet in comparison and they have decent domestic experience already. India at least played Malik in three T20I games where he was thrashed and they realised he is ineffective in the powerplay, expensive in the death and only really serviceable in the middle overs with his current playing style. But yeah, woe be on India for sadly mismanaging this otherworldly talent who conceded 12.44 rpo in his three T20I games just because he can bowl fast and that causes a bunch of blokes everywhere to believe he must be played at all costs ahead of other more deserving players. And it isn't even like Malik's rotting away on a Kashmiri ground, his first ever first-class game was with the A team (just how many could have such a claim in the last 20 years of global cricket, let alone in India?) and he's also played in the most recent A game for India. Normally it would only be Indian fans bickering online that their favourite player was snubbed but now I see that the haters have started doing it too. :lol

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Pant, if he doesnt set the stage on fire / Play sensible knocks will find himself out of this XI shortly.

By the way, I fully expect the Indian T20 team to undergo a sea change, including captaincy in the aftermath of this edition of the WT20. Win or Lose, this is the last chance for these players.

The existing team under Rohit will focus their attention on the CWC 2023 post this. I do not expect this team to play T20 anymore. Expect, a new line up, a new captain and even a new coach- possibly Sanju or Gill or someone else altogether. I believe this is the right way forth as they need to build a new team for the next edition of WT20 in the USA. The probability of Rohit & Co playing in 2024 would be highly absurd.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK

Finally some thinking and passion going into the jersey design.. Of course jerseys dont win you games/tournaments and fans always associate their favorite jerseys with the team's memorable successes. But for me, I really like the design that has gone into this jersey. They've brought back an eternal fan favorite in the "sky blue" color. I knew they'd retain the navy in some way, and they've smartly put it on the shoulders, giving it a good blend. The MPL and the BYJU logos continue to stick out as sore thumbs (but they'll go away during the WC), and I am a little cold about that navy blue horns that stick out into the front of the jersey but its a minor irrritant.

I'd rate this an 8/10

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I like the return of the Sky Blue, but not a big fan of the design here. They could have put in more thought on the design here, looks juvenile.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Finally a jersey worth procuring - last few were not upto the mark

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Still hate the Byju’s in it, they are an absolutely abhorrent company.

Also this jersey’s scheme seems oddly familiar for some reason… was it Sri Lanka or a domestic South African side or a county side (Somerset? Surrey?) that had a similar pattern? @wasteyouryouth’s C19 kits certainly had one of these designs.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin

Also this jersey’s scheme seems oddly familiar for some reason… was it Sri Lanka or a domestic South African side or a county side (Somerset? Surrey?) that had a similar pattern? @wasteyouryouth’s C19 kits certainly had one of these designs.
Definitely has a bit of a Somerset vibe, the darker blue triangles could be a dragon's tail that is often seen on their kits.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

They really are !! I was looking to purchase the fa jersey - which usually just says India and no sponsor. Looks like there is no such jersey released this time.

No way I am shelling out on anything labelled Byju's - they are a horrible company. How long is their sponsorship association with BCCI?

Users who are viewing this thread