India Team Discussion

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
$$$ matters. As much as it sounds unfair, it's how the world runs.
If the value of someone's work was determined by how much money they generate then would people who work in public services be expected do it for nothing?

Zimbabwe Men's Team and Indian Men's Team do the same job but there is a land-sky difference between their pay

Viewership and revenues plays a major role to be fair
The BCCI aren't employing Zimbabwean cricketers. If they did, I'd expect they get the same match fees as Indian cricketers.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
The pay isn't huge! Its their attempt at parity and I'd laud them for it. Its a good start.

Yes, the counter-argument would be they do not generate as much revenue. I'm sure the WIPL too won't generate the same. For that to happen, the WIPL & IPL matches must be held at the same ground- double headers daily and have a ticket price like INR 500 for both games. Make it attractive to people(playing in skirts would have, but that be taking it to an extreme):tongue:

I have always been a proponent of including one girl in the IPL playing XI as well. It mixes the game, but that would have made it a bit interesting.

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
$$$ matters. As much as it sounds unfair, it's how the world runs.
Sadly so indeed. I’ve always been critical of BCCI and traditionally women have always been mistreated in India so I think BCCI have done right here and hopefully sets an example for other cricket nations to follow.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If the value of someone's work was determined by how much money they generate then would people who work in public services be expected do it for nothing?
In the end BCCI, or any business/private entity for that matter, exists solely with a purpose of making a profit. If that goal isn't achieved, it wouldn't make sense to continue. The day the women's team start attracting the same level of interest and crowds (or perhaps close to it), I can bet you they will have their contracts remodelled within a week.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
How about male cheerleaders for WIPL? Imagine guys wearing skirts and dancing on the stage. Lol
Not a bad option tbh!

I agree with @asprin on the point that the women need to attract crowds. In order to do that,they need to start winning big tournaments. Unless that happens,afraid we won't have mega crowds.

Even with the WIPL , the BCCI will be playing it in Tier II cities. Pune and Dharamsala may attract crowds,but can't expect the same in a place like Lucknow or Jammu

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Not a bad option tbh!

I agree with @asprin on the point that the women need to attract crowds. In order to do that,they need to start winning big tournaments. Unless that happens,afraid we won't have mega crowds.

Even with the WIPL , the BCCI will be playing it in Tier II cities. Pune and Dharamsala may attract crowds,but can't expect the same in a place like Lucknow or Jammu
If the politics sorted a bit and they include Paksitani women in WIPL i think that could pull in crowds.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
This is step in right direction. I know they do not play as much as the men's team but with the pay-scale being even, it should attract more talent. I think with the pay scale and women IPL starting hopefully next year, it is only going to get better and in upward direction.

While I agree to all the above arguements saying that they need to bring in the same revenue, please note off late the attendance for women's game has been on the rise. They have not been given fair treatment by ICC and all other boards. Make all Women's game FTA for the next 4 years, have a nice FTP setup for them which is almost as consistent as the men's FTP and see how much revenue they bring in.

10 years ago, do you remember any women playing that made a name? Was it their fault? NO! Look now atleast on the Indian counterparts, Smriti, Harmanpreet, ,Deepti Sharma, Jemimah, Shafali Verma... to name a few. THey have made a name for themselves, by being the talent they are.

Also even if the pay-scale is equal now, they will still be underpaid. The BCCI pay is only part of the men's salary. Someone like Kohli, Rohit, etc make millions through brands and IPL. So getting the pay-scale is first step in the direction. Next up is having an equally strong WIPL and further FTP.

How about Indian women tour at the same time Men's tour. In case of a test match, one can be played after the other ends.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
@Modi2k22 - The squad for NZ T20.. Would have loved Shaw there. Does that also mean that is the end of Dinesh or is there something left in him?

Hardik Pandya (capt), Rishabh Pant (vc & wk), Shubman Gill, Ishan Kishan, Deepak Hooda, Suryakumar Yadav, Shreyas Iyer, Sanju Samson (wk), Washington Sundar, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Arshdeep Singh, Harshal Patel, Mohammed Siraj, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Umran Malik.

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@Modi2k22 - The squad for NZ T20.. Would have loved Shaw there. Does that also mean that is the end of Dinesh or is there something left in him?

Hardik Pandya (capt), Rishabh Pant (vc & wk), Shubman Gill, Ishan Kishan, Deepak Hooda, Suryakumar Yadav, Shreyas Iyer, Sanju Samson (wk), Washington Sundar, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Arshdeep Singh, Harshal Patel, Mohammed Siraj, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Umran Malik.

What a pathetic squad.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India

I think that should be it for DK tbh. I hope he justifies his WC berth by playing some good knocks in the matches to come. After the WC, as I said in the other thread, we should look for a younger bunch of guys for the T20s.

What still baffles me is no Shaw even in this squad! Why is Shreyas Iyer still in the T20 reckoning is beyond me. Deepak Hooda if he is not gonna play in top 3, I feel is a liability than an asset for us. I also don't like Pant in there. His fitness is something for everyone to see, he has gotten huge nowadays I feel. Rest batters are fine. I hope Samson gets a run at #3.

Are the selectors looking at Sundar as a spin AR option? Why isn't Axar Patel in there? Kuldeep Yadav, why is he there? Not sure I like the pace bowling much. Harshal Patel isn't someone who makes me happy despite taking bucket loads of wickets in the IPL. Umran Malik has he done something noteworthy other than the raw pace which he cannot control to be in there?

Users who are viewing this thread