India Team Discussion

S

Satan666

I spell wrong but its not me
Something fishy at planetcricket

I knows stamina of Asian cricketer, by the time march month near, they have problem starts just like Angelo and Roy.srilanka series not important even smith not think, India t20i
Important for them.I just check names and I found Khawaja in oz team for tomorrows game vs nz . He should stays in oz til test.cricinfo includes his name

ROFL!!!!

I love this guy.

Something fishy at planetcricket.

@Aalay this guy reminds me of you

Givemeahug786

School Cricketer
Robin uthapa reminds me Umar akmal ,who got opportunity but every time he fails to deliver good for his nation.

Givemeahug786

School Cricketer
Smith feel sorry for Usman but I feels more sorry for smith who ran between wicket just like 36 year old guy than 26.he looses his golden touch plus he need to take care of his knees nagging problem instead sit out during big event.smith said : I feel sorry for Khawaja that he sits out despite so good performances everywhere.I do not think Shaun and maxi should in the oz team when Usman around.

Maxi is 20/20 format batsman only.

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Smith feel sorry for Usman but I feels more sorry for smith who ran between wicket just like 36 year old guy than 26.he looses his golden touch plus he need to take care of his knees nagging problem instead sit out during big event.smith said : I feel sorry for Khawaja that he sits out despite so good performances everywhere.I do not think Shaun and maxi should in the oz team when Usman around.

Maxi is 20/20 format batsman only.

Why are you posting it here ?

Last edited:

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Sanjay Manjrekar: Chinks in India's T20 batting, not their bowling | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Surprisingly, two excellent points made on Dhoni and Yuvraj by Sanjay Manjrekar in this article.

Firstly Yuvraj, he is still looking that nervous Yuvraj that we saw on 2014 WC final against Sri Lanka. Yes, he played well in that Sydney game to win the game for India. However, he was able to score runs against Tye who is highly inexperienced at the international level and struggled to score runs against Watson who was the most experienced bowler in that Australian line-up. As Manjerakr pointed out in the article, it is a mental problem and he has self doubts which is always difficult to overcome for any human being let alone a cricket player. So it is a risk that India has taken going onto this big tournament and I really hope it pays off.

On Dhoni, as he mentioned in the article, it is more of a technical problem. He has always struggled when bowlers have bowled full and outside the off stump to him since he doesn't have a shot for it. He has always been a strong on side player and will murder any bowler who bowl around that middle and leg stump line. In that 2014 T20 WC final, Yuvraj's poor performance overshadowed Dhoni's performance. When Dhoni came out, he also struggled in similar manner as Yuvraj did to deliveries full outside the off stump. In past, he used to cover up for this but in last 1 and half years, he has struggled to catch up.

However, I am less worried about Dhoni but there is definitely a worry around Yuvraj.

In bowling, we are actually doing good but it will be interesting to see what happens if Shami is fit before the start of WC. Even before they left for Asia Cup, Dhoni sid that if Shami is fit he will come back into the team. Surprising since he hasn't played any international match since 2015 WC.

Roshan

Associate Captain
Sanjay Manjrekar: Chinks in India's T20 batting, not their bowling | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Surprisingly, two excellent points made on Dhoni and Yuvraj by Sanjay Manjrekar in this article.

Firstly Yuvraj, he is still looking that nervous Yuvraj that we saw on 2014 WC final against Sri Lanka. Yes, he played well in that Sydney game to win the game for India. However, he was able to score runs against Tye who is highly inexperienced at the international level and struggled to score runs against Watson who was the most experienced bowler in that Australian line-up. As Manjerakr pointed out in the article, it is a mental problem and he has self doubts which is always difficult to overcome for any human being let alone a cricket player. So it is a risk that India has taken going onto this big tournament and I really hope it pays off.

On Dhoni, as he mentioned in the article, it is more of a technical problem. He has always struggled when bowlers have bowled full and outside the off stump to him since he doesn't have a shot for it. He has always been a strong on side player and will murder any bowler who bowl around that middle and leg stump line. In that 2014 T20 WC final, Yuvraj's poor performance overshadowed Dhoni's performance. When Dhoni came out, he also struggled in similar manner as Yuvraj did to deliveries full outside the off stump. In past, he used to cover up for this but in last 1 and half years, he has struggled to catch up.

However, I am less worried about Dhoni but there is definitely a worry around Yuvraj.

In bowling, we are actually doing good but it will be interesting to see what happens if Shami is fit before the start of WC. Even before they left for Asia Cup, Dhoni sid that if Shami is fit he will come back into the team. Surprising since he hasn't played any international match since 2015 WC.

if they wanted yuvi back for t20 wc squad they should have taken him into the odi team after 2015wc....he is not in his old touch right now & also i am confused about jadeja's role(whether he is a spinner or allrounder)....instead of giving him so many chances they should try pawan negi

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Jadeja is perfect now. More than his batting, his bowling is amazing. And he is the best fielder in our squad. So, I don't think Jadeja should be dropped. We need him. He is in good form.

Ice Climber

School Cricketer
Hi guys,
Asia Cup is on it' final stage. It's India vs Bangladesh. Who do you think will win the game and why?
Let's discuss.

grkrama

National Board President
Was checking out something and got 5th ODI: Sri Lanka v India at Pallekele, Aug 4, 2012 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo (Irfan Pathan's last ODI for India till date), he scored a 29 not out and picked up 5 wickets then how was he dropped from the team?

No idea, selectors can only be to blame , same happened with murali karthick in tests he picked up a match winning 5fer against aus and didn't get called up for a long time!

even the whole series he seems to have performed well 3 out of 5 times, i think the prob with irfan was he was exceptional in the beginning as a bowler and everyone kept comparing him to that form which he wasn't able to replicate instead of seeing what he can ofer, he does make a handy contribution as a bowler and bat! what happened then to him isnt fair, but dont know how he stacks up now, in ipls he is ok at best!

Users who are viewing this thread