India Team Discussion

Yusuf should be given a chance atleast for T20s. He was decent in last season and exceptional in this season.

but considering the kind of competition we will face by zim team,, its better to give oppurtunity to youngesters more we can
There are just 3 ODIs and 3 T20s. How many people are you gonna play?

Squad for WI tests;

Batsmen : Virat Kohli (c) ,Murali Vijay, Shikhar Dhawan, Ajinkya Rahane (vc), KL Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Rohit Sharma
Wicket keeper : Wridhiman Saha
Spinners : Ravi Ashwin, Amit Mishra, Ravindra Jadeja
Pace Bowlers : Ishant Sharma, Mohammad Shami, Bhuvaneshwar Kumar, Umesh Yadav, Shardul Thakur, Stuart Binny.

ODI and T20 squad (to Zimbabwe) : MS Dhoni (capt & wk), KL Rahul, Faiz Fazal, Manish Pandey, Karun Nair, Ambati Rayudu, Rishi Dhawan, Axar Patel, Jayant Yadav, Dhawal Kulkarni, Jasprit Bumrah, Barinder Sran, Mandeep Singh, Kedar Jadhav, Jaydev Unadkat, Yuzvendra Chahal

Shardul Thakur earns call-up for West Indies Tests | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

India pick Faiz Fazal for Zimbabwe tour | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Quite sensible selection of team for Carribean tour. Don't know why Shikhar Dhawan is still in the team. We already have 4 openers in Murali Vijay, KL Rahul, Ajinkya Rahane & Rohit Sharma. Well, then this is my playing XI:

:bat:Murali Vijay
:bat:Ajinkya Rahane/Rohit Sharma/KL Rahul
:bat:Cheteswar Pujara
:bat:Virat Kohli :c:
:bat:KL Rahul/Rohit Sharma/Ajinkya Rahane
:wkb:Wridhiman Saha :wk:
:ar:Ravi Jadeja /Amit Mishra
:ar:Ravi Ashwin/Amit Mishra
:bwl:Mohammad Shami
:bwl:Bhuvneshwar Kumar
:bwl:Jasprit Bumrah

Among the trio of Rahane, Rohit & Rahul, only two will make through the playing XI. Ajinkya Rahane is the vCaptain. So he will be the part of the lineup. The other one will be either Rohit or Rahul. We have to wait and see what will the captain do to get the balanced playing XI.

Last edited:
Quite sensible selection of team for Carribean tour. Don't know why Shikhar Dhawan is still in the team. We already have 4 openers in Murali Vijay, KL Rahul, Ajinkya Rahane & Rohit Sharma. Well, then this is my playing XI:

Among the trio of Rahane, Rohit & Rahul, only two will make through the playing XI. Ajinkya Rahane is the vCaptain. So he will be the part of the lineup. The other one will be either Rohit or Rahul. We have to wait and see what will the captain do to get the balanced playing XI.
I don't think Rohit will be given the position in the team. And even if given, it won't be in the opening slot. According to me this will be the lineup.
:bat: Murali Vijay
:bat: KL Rahul
:bat: Cheteshwar Pujara
:bat: Virat Kohli :c:
:bat: Ajinkya Rahane
:wkb: Wriddhiman Saha :wk:
:ar: Amit Mishra
:ar: Ravi Ashwin
:bwl: Bhuvaneshwar Kumar
:bwl: Shardul Thakur/Umesh Yadav
:bwl: Mohommad Shami

I don't think Rohit will be given the position in the team. And even if given, it won't be in the opening slot. According to me this will be the lineup.
Yep :thumbs

Just noticed that my team does not have a single left handed batsman

What is the reason for selection of Shardul Thakur and that too for WI test match series ? could not understand yet

I think that it was harsh on Yusuf Pathan and Yuvraj Singh to not be selected in the squad for Zimbabwe

Dude, do you guys follow the Indian test side at all? Rahane as the opener? He has been the most consistent middle order batsman for India in the last 2 years. He should`nt even be mentioned in the same line as Nohit and Rahul.

Dude, do you guys follow the Indian test side at all? Rahane as the opener? He has been the most consistent middle order batsman for India in the last 2 years. He should`nt even be mentioned in the same line as Nohit and Rahul.
You have not seen my lineup properly. have you? Its obvious that Rahul gonna open the innings with Vijay. In that case, Rahane will come at no. 5

You have not seen my lineup properly. have you? Its obvious that Rahul gonna open the innings with Vijay. In that case, Rahane will come at no. 5

When you say only two out of Rahane, Nohit or Rahul can play, it implies that its some sort of a three-way contest which it is not. Rahane should`nt be opening and that is because he has been a solid middle order test batsman who has been more success than even Kohli in test cricket overseas so far. Rohit should`nt even be in the test squad after all the chances that he has got. He can`t face up to any sort of consistent pressure in test cricket. Karun Nair, Shreyas Iyer or Kedar Jadhav should be in the test squad ahead of Rohit and Dhawan.

Users who are viewing this thread