India tour of England 2018

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Really good character shown in the middle by Vihari and Jadeja..

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Jadeja doing with the bat Pandya has NOT done in years ... What a proper lower middle order batsman is expected to do

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Shami's attitude towards batting is horrible. He has thrown it away with a set batsman at the other end each time. Look at hoe Anderson bats, even with his limited ability. Even Ishant Sharma and Bumrah make the bowlers work.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
And who exactly does Shami think he is with the bat :D

All he had to do is stick around or atleast try to. Like Bumrah and Ishant try especially when jadeja is playing well on the other end

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Jadeja doing with the bat Pandya has NOT done in years ... What a proper lower middle order batsman is expected to do

This is why we need a proper batsman at No.6. Had we played this combination the whole series, I would have bet my money on a 3-2 scoreline in our favor. Jadeja's application against good bowling has impressed me today. I won't be surprised if we win this test now.

On another note, how did Vihari look with the bat? I missed his innings today.

Last edited:

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This is why we need a proper batsman at No.6. Had we played this combination the whole series, I would have bet my money on a 3-2 scoreline in our favor. Jadeja's application against good bowling has impressed me today. I won't be surprised if we win this test now.

On another note, how did Vihari look with the bat? I missed his innings today.
Vihari was quite streaky at the beginning, he mistimed two pull shots one that nearly reached fine leg and one that just landed beyond the rope for six. Played a lot better once he went past 20. He has a lot of potential judging by his shots.

Awesome innings from Jaddu. Shastri and Kohli were so keen to play Pandya and seeing what Jaddu has done in this test match would be a slap in the face. 4 wickets and an 86 :clap. Expected a deficit of 100, Jaddu and Vihari brought India back into the game now.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Cooks last innings coming up. I really hope he turns up with something solid and that the other Englishmen fail. Cook is a legend and was a devoted servant of English cricket.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Very well done Vihari and Jadeja! As many others have already chimed in here, Jadeja has done what Pandya HAS NOT done and was expected to do. Its a pity Jadeja is not a seamer because he is a far better batsman than Pandya in tests. I still say that Nair should have played ahead of Vihari in this game, but kudos to Vihari for grabbing his chance. I was actually hoping that he get a century and start off his career with a bang, a'la Saurav Ganguly who scored a century on debut in England in 1996. But in that same match, Dravid scored a half century (90+) and so Vihari is in that elite company. Hope he goes on for bigger things, more so in tests.

I wish selectors give a look-in to Sanju Samson. Its plain obvious that when it comes to test cricket, you need to pick players who have the best chance of succeeding in the format. Samson with his compact batting and his defense technique and the ability to leave deliveries and combining patience with calculated aggression, is much better suited for tests than Rishabh Pant or Ishan Kishan. Karthik was also as suited for tests as Samson but Karthik has not grabbed his opportunities. I hope selectors give Samson an opportunity.

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Shami is bowling a very impressive line absolutely no room for manoeuvre!

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Shami finally gets the reward for some good bowling. Jennings has been a failure all series. I think he'll be given one last chance for the SL tour because he scored a century on debut in Mumbai.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Considering India's batting in this series, I believe a 150-200 target should be enough to bury them on this pitch which has already been very helpful to the likes of Moeen Ali and Rashid. And seeing the start England have, they are well on course for a 250 lead. With England's batting order playing upside down (where lower order always scores more), we're definitely looking at 4-1.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
This IS the time to back Jadeja. Give him a limited overs berth! The dropping has clearly hurt him. He looks hungry and ready to go.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Keeping the way entire series unfolded, and the way South Africa series went few months ago, I feel it is perfect to create a separate test batting unit (at least batting for time being), and keep them away from Indian Premier League.

We already have Pujara at #3, and Kohli doing well at #4, so the need of the hour are two openers, and #5 and #6, who can actually hold their horses from playing IPL and play only test cricket. In fact BCCI must ask players to volunteer to nominate themselves, and give them some good remuneration, and I'm sure there'll be 10 such deserving batsmen who would walk in and nominate themselves to keep away from IPL for winning India matches. In fact, those players must be allowed to play T20 leagues from overseas to make that additional money, to get some taste of overseas conditions.

We need openers and middle order who can play out an entire day without giving away wicket. Apart from Kohli and a little bit from Pujara and Rahane, I do not see any other batsman worthy enough to be in the side. Murali Vijay was completely out of form, and so did KLR and Shikar Dhawan.

Also, Ravi Shastri must shut his mouth and stop self bragging. Kohli is a person who has very strong attitude, however he never runs away from admitting his mistakes. The 9 overseas matches which we won- 5 in sub continent, so those 5 doesn't even consider. 2 against the current West Indies, a good for nothing side when competing against India. of the two other wins, one was a dead rubber. So, if we consolidate, of these 9 victories, it is only 1 victory we had which had significant profit.

Considering these facts, it is high time Ravi Shastri must shut his mouth in press conferences, admit the fact that our players are out of form, which is making us look hopeless, but we actually aren't. Having positive attitude is good, but there's a thin line between keeping things positive and being arrogant.

Bhumi

Club Captain
While playing for club cricket Hutton club ( essex)in 2015, Vihari average 100 including 200 in 40 over game

I have proper link coming up[DOUBLEPOST=1536538365][/DOUBLEPOST]
This IS the time to back Jadeja. Give him a limited overs berth! The dropping has clearly hurt him. He looks hungry and ready to go.
He is getting ready for rajkot test in next 24 days also favorite for next after rajkot, Hyderabad test.i doubt he get chance in Australia test tour but he should includes in limited over games.

Bhumi

Club Captain
Cooks last innings coming up. I really hope he turns up with something solid and that the other Englishmen fail. Cook is a legend and was a devoted servant of English cricket.
Former eng captain missed century by 29 runs in the 1st innnings I wish he hits 100, he already had
100 vs india at Nagpur during debut test.

Indian captain Azheruddin had 100 in his 1st and last test.

Users who are viewing this thread