India tour of England 2018

Jadeja and Vihari need to hang around few minutes more I guess day 2 over soon

Vihari will play vs WI at rajkot and Hydrabad in oct.good luck.

It is so frustrating to be an Indian fan right now! The batting which was always India's strength is now so painful to watch. Seeing Rahane bat the way he is now is such a sad thing right now being his true fan. I am very disappointed with how our batsmen have always failed our bowlers.

With Vijay out and Dhawan hopefully being put out of contention for the opening spot there should be some rewards for the young players. All three openers were disappointing, it's clear now there needs to be a change before India go to Australia, another massive tour. IMO, Rahul should be given another go, he's scored runs Down Under and deserves to get at least one last series overseas. India need to give the likes of Pritivi Shaw and Mayank Agarwal a chance to play. They've been consistently been knocking on the door with loads of runs. Dhawan is a proven failure overseas and gets meaningless centuries against low class teams in home conditions. He is NOT the one India want opening against a strong Aussie attack.

India have to build a team facing the Aussies and it's a good opportunity to use the Windies Test's to give Shaw and Agarwal a go. The batting has been the biggest disappointment and a solid XI is what needs to be formed leading to the series Down Under.

Australia will be another tour we should win. No Smith or Warner and to be honest, no leader. I'm sure even there we will win one test and compete and the coach will educate us on how we are the only descent traveling team.

The reality is that considering the strength of the opposition and our all time best bowling attack not just on the park but also on the bench, we should have won in SA & ENG and won comfortably!

There has been some dubious selection literally ever game on each tour.

Major interest left in the game now if Jimmy break the record of 563 test wickets of GM or not?

If Kohli (593) break record of Dravid (602) & M.Yusuf's 631 in England by Asian, in the second innings? He need 39 More.

Rahul need one more catch to break record (13) of Rahul
Dravid for most catches in the series by Fielder.

India need good keeper beside opener for Australia series.parthiv old now but he is close for selection as saha generally good at home series.

India should left out pant and try Srikar Bharat,ishan kishan or sanju Samson.Apart from his debut (7 catches and handy knock) game, pant disappoint everyone.

With Vijay out and Dhawan hopefully being put out of contention for the opening spot there should be some rewards for the young players. All three openers were disappointing, it's clear now there needs to be a change before India go to Australia, another massive tour. IMO, Rahul should be given another go, he's scored runs Down Under and deserves to get at least one last series overseas. India need to give the likes of Pritivi Shaw and Mayank Agarwal a chance to play. They've been consistently been knocking on the door with loads of runs. Dhawan is a proven failure overseas and gets meaningless centuries against low class teams in home conditions. He is NOT the one India want opening against a strong Aussie attack.

India have to build a team facing the Aussies and it's a good opportunity to use the Windies Test's to give Shaw and Agarwal a go. The batting has been the biggest disappointment and a solid XI is what needs to be formed leading to the series Down Under.

I would pick Vijay for Australia than Shaw ( m.Agarwal no where close for test selection in my list) Shaw is too young for test matches but his technique Faulty, he should pick in the team for gets use to, for test atmosphere then throw him vs MS

Can't get the tailenders cheaply, consistently drop catches, can't bat - how on earth is this the No.1 team in the world? Goes to show rankings do not show the true picture which is why I think it's way too overrated.

I would pick Vijay for Australia than Shaw ( m.Agarwal no where close for test selection in my list) Shaw is too young for test matches but his technique Faulty, he should pick in the team for gets use to, for test atmosphere then throw him vs MS
In today's world. A young player gets all the exposure through leagues. He got it from IPL. If management is looking for a young opener he should be given a chance if he's performing in domestic. You can have him on bench for 1-2 series at max. No point of not playing him if he's selected. What have other openers done in this series?[DOUBLEPOST=1536474942][/DOUBLEPOST]
Can't get the tailenders cheaply, consistently drop catches, can't bat - how on earth is this the No.1 team in the world? Goes to show rankings do not show the true picture which is why I think it's way too overrated.
It's the same case for almost every team. A team wins a number of matches at home. Becomes no. 1 and when it's time to go overseas, they fail. There is a huge difference now b/w home and overseas wins.

It's the same case for almost every team. A team wins a number of matches at home. Becomes no. 1 and when it's time to go overseas, they fail. There is a huge difference now b/w home and overseas wins.

A solution could be introducing a law preventing teams from playing more than four consecutive home series or away series against weak opposition. A more balanced schedule will present a much more realistic picture. But in any case, even if the law was introduced, India would be the #1 side. That is not in doubt.

Another innings where Pant conceded nearly 30 runs in byes. This is bound to happen when you bring in kids too early. Karthik should've continued behind the stumps, reckon no away wicket-keeper would've done better in the conditions he had to face.

It is so frustrating to be an Indian fan right now! The batting which was always India's strength is now so painful to watch. Seeing Rahane bat the way he is now is such a sad thing right now being his true fan. I am very disappointed with how our batsmen have always failed our bowlers.
Agreed.. He is way more capable than what he has done in the series this time around.. He is still calm and stable but his mindset and approach are messed up..

I really hope we change this Shastri and get Dravid in ASAP along with Zak as the bowling coach.. With such a stupid management nothing good can happen for us in World Cup.. He has ruined so much so far being the coach.. Even has messed up Dhoni's role in the team making him a test batsman in ODIs by asking him to be the guy to stay till the end , whereas he is the match winner when he is in his own flow.. Many things need a change and this series has brought that to light I hope..

Another innings where Pant conceded nearly 30 runs in byes. This is bound to happen when you bring in kids too early. Karthik should've continued behind the stumps, reckon no away wicket-keeper would've done better in the conditions he had to face.
I dont think they are all Pant's fault the ball was swinging way too much after getting past the batsman.. Even Gilchrist would have struggled to take those.. I feel he has been good behind the stumps and needs to be backed for a longer period.. Dinesh Karthik is experienced and I really was happy when he was called up but as usual his luck at the International level is just awful to watch...

Cong H.Vihari for debut 55 he put on 50 with virat & 77 with
Jadeja (40*) excellent running between wicket by especially jadeja.

Vihari I think out off Moeen given by on Field umpire
Caught bairstow bowl : .mo 55

India 7 down 237 before new ball due[DOUBLEPOST=1536494014][/DOUBLEPOST]New batsman ishant

What a match so far for Jadeja, redemption after being ignored for the longest time where the management kept selecting the likes of Kuldeep and Chahal. I maybe wrong in this but I personally consider their past contribution too which has been immense from both him and Ashwin, hence the likes of DK/Jadeja deserve chances rather than mercilessly being replaced by young newbies who should nowhere be close to being playing international matches forget a debut Test in England.

Users who are viewing this thread