India tour of England 2018

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Looks like a relative of Bumrah's has joined PlanetCricket.[DOUBLEPOST=1532821096][/DOUBLEPOST]It'll be interesting to see Vijay and DK bat together. Hope they're pro about it.

Well we're honored we came to know that Bumrah is an "intellectual, scientist and a mathematician - all in one". And that Umesh and Ishant are the worst species to have been born on planet earth :rolleyes:p

bumrahguy

School Cricketer
Well we're honored we came to know that Bumrah is an "intellectual, scientist and a mathematician - all in one". And that Umesh and Ishant are the worst species to have been born on planet earth :rolleyes:p

I am more than willing to elucidate. Bumrah resembles a philosophy of attacking cricket which is based on perfectionism. Umesh Yadav and Ishant Sharma represent everything about the negative side of cricket: hustly, bustly muscular bowlers lacking in intellect and skill. Bumrah combines pace with perfectionism, planning with cerebrality, ambition with ruthlessness. Bumrah offers a proven way of bowling in the first class format, whereas Umesh and Ishant are proven failures.

I am a fan of the Cruyjffian philosophy, which Barcelona and Spain used to conquer world football. Umesh and Ishant resemble the English Premier League: muscular, physical, but lacking in intellect and showcasing a strange fetish for defensive, muscular cricket and bowling.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am more than willing to elucidate. Bumrah resembles a philosophy of attacking cricket which is based on perfectionism. Umesh Yadav and Ishant Sharma represent everything about the negative side of cricket: hustly, bustly muscular bowlers lacking in intellect and skill. Bumrah combines pace with perfectionism, planning with cerebrality, ambition with ruthlessness. Bumrah offers a proven way of bowling in the first class format, whereas Umesh and Ishant are proven failures.

I am a fan of the Cruyjffian philosophy, which Barcelona and Spain used to conquer world football. Umesh and Ishant resemble the English Premier League: muscular, physical, but lacking in intellect and showcasing a strange fetish for defensive, muscular cricket and bowling.
Never mind him talking Bumrah up, his writing skills are excellent! :p

It's the first I've seen a member talk so highly about a player in such an elaborate way that it seems much more than over exaggeration. And how could you prove that "Bumrah is an intellect, scientist and mathematician" and that "he plans with cerebrality"? :rolleyes

bumrahguy

School Cricketer
Never mind him talking Bumrah up, his writing skills are excellent! :p

It's the first I've seen a member talk so highly about a player in such an elaborate way that it seems much more than over exaggeration. And how could you prove that "Bumrah is an intellect, scientist and mathematician" and that "he plans with cerebrality"? :rolleyes

One does not need (and cannot obtain) proof of the psychology: this is sport, and one merely needs to observe the intricacies of Bumrah's bowling to make an educated guess.

Using your logic, one may also ask for proof of Josep Guardiola's abilities and ''planning with cerebrality''. One may ask a similar question for a player like Xavi Hernandez y Creus.
But it is all seen in the gameplay!

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
One does not need (and cannot obtain) proof of the psychology: this is sport, and one merely needs to observe the intricacies of Bumrah's bowling to make an educated guess.

Using your logic, one may also ask for proof of Josep Guardiola's abilities and ''planning with cerebrality''. One may ask a similar question for a player like Xavi Hernandez y Creus.
But it is all seen in the gameplay!

I don't know much of psychology, but people say I am fit mentally. And my mind is telling me right now that you're unstable!

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
And for England :eng: it should be

Joe Root :c::bat:
Alastair Cook :bat:
David Malan :bat:
James Vince :bat:
Mark Stoneman :bat:
Jonny Bairstow :wk:
Jos Buttler :wkb:
Moeen Ali :ar:
Ben Stokes :ar:
Dominic Bess :ar:
Stuart Broad :bwl:
James Anderson :bwl:
Chris Woakes :bwl:
Mark Wood :bwl:
Liam Dawson :bwl:
Couple of problems I have with this England squad. The first being Jos Buttler. He is a limited overs player. Does not have the required technique to succeed in test cricket imho. Much like Australia's Peter Handscomb. Second there is no real quality spinner. Good county trundlers only. Australia showed how to take care of Moeen Ali. A good wristie is what is needed if as predicted these dry decks will help spin. Jennings returns for Stoneman. Dont know much bout Porter. Anyone fill me in?

Last edited:

Bhumi

Club Captain
(It's funny if ECB beat great India 5/0 India still Remains number 1 according to ICC ranking)

It's so pity to know English test teams track record

Vs Australia by England : win only 108 test matches
Vs Australia by England : Lost 144 test matches.

Vs westindies win only 48 but lost 55 by England in test matches.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Vs westindies win only 48 but lost 55 by England in test matches.

don't forget England (more than any other test team) played the greatest team of all time loads throughout 80's and early 90's

Bhumi

Club Captain
don't forget England (more than any other test team) played the greatest team of all time loads throughout 80's and early 90's
True but I think coming up series vs india, might not as much interesting as ashes of 1980's

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
True but I think coming up series vs india, might not as much interesting as ashes of 1980's

Maybe, but that's the thing about sport, it can be so unpredictable. Yes it might be boring/one sided series but it might turn out to be a belter with lots of twists and turns. Well lets hope so anyway :)

Bhumi

Club Captain
Maybe, but that's the thing about sport, it can be so unpredictable. Yes it might be boring/one sided series but it might turn out to be a belter with lots of twists and turns. Well lets hope so anyway :)
You may not notices but since few series, England loosing FIRST TEST OF THE EACH NEW SERIES.

# -Pakistan trashed England at Lords by 9 wits at Lords (may)

#-Newzeland trashed England at Auckland by an innings 49
-runs (march)

#-Australia beat England at Brisbane before March by 10 w.

Unfortunately India not able to beat England during 2014 first test which was draw, its shocking India not able to win first test of the series outside of Zimbabwe,westindies or even out side of Asia, not only that,they never beat Eng,Aus,nz and southafrica in the first test of the series since 2009.

I wonder why Graham Thorpe so much confident of Indian victory by 3/2 claiming India has better pace battery than England.

Broad/Anderson --947 test wickets (thrope says) but both not physically fits for 10 innings in so little times,

Vijay played 1000 balls in 5 tests last series in England,i wish good luck to England for their 1000th test starting tomorrow

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
You may not notices but since few series, England loosing FIRST TEST OF THE EACH NEW SERIES.

# -Pakistan trashed England at Lords by 9 wits at Lords (may)

#-Newzeland trashed England at Auckland by an innings 49
-runs (march)

#-Australia beat England at Brisbane before March by 10 w.

Unfortunately India not able to beat England during 2014 first test which was draw, its shocking India not able to win first test of the series outside of Zimbabwe,westindies or even out side of Asia, not only that,they never beat Eng,Aus,nz and southafrica in the first test of the series since 2009.

I wonder why Graham Thorpe so much confident of Indian victory by 3/2 claiming India has better pace battery than England.

Broad/Anderson --947 test wickets (thrope says) but both not physically fits for 10 innings in so little times,

Vijay played 1000 balls in 5 tests last series in England,i wish good luck to England for their 1000th test starting tomorrow

England have lost first test of series so many times recently because they are not that great at the moment and probably low on confidence especially when playing away from home
Surprised at India’s record since 2009 too tbh, it all points to a drawn first test :p

Thorpe is doing what most Indians do here and using large doses of reverse psychology in the hope England really win 3 or 4 nil :D

I agree broad and Anderson won’t play in all 5 matches, the schedule is ridiculous with no more than about 4 days break between every test. Money ruins everything !

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Line-up for tomorrow: England: 1 Alastair Cook, 2 Keaton Jennings, 3 Joe Root (capt), 4 Dawid Malan, 5 Jonny Bairstow (wk), 6 Ben Stokes, 7 Jos Buttler, 8 Adil Rashid, 9 Sam Curran, 10 Stuart Broad, 11 James Anderson.

A little weak in my opinion.

Keaton Jennings doesn't provide me with any promise. Malan is also a little inexperienced and hasn't done anything noteworthy.

Not sure about Sam Curran as the third seamer. He doesn't have the experience and I feel India may target him. Plus, big things to prove for Rashid with him getting the nod over Moeen Ali.

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
India have an excellent chance here if they can see off Broad and Anderson. Then under sunny skies, you're playing against Stokes, Rashid and a 75mph bowler in Sam Curran. If they don't score 400 in this match then they really have to be disappointed in themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread