National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Too late in India to watch live game

Depends on when you are off to bed. The timing is perfect for me ... starting at 5pm and ending by midnight. Tests will be even better, starting at 3:30pm[DOUBLEPOST=1531461583][/DOUBLEPOST]
I knew England's ODI team was overrated lol

That is a misplaced judgement based on just one match/series

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
How come no one is taking about Stokes? That was a pretty painful knock to watch. I wonder if England have room for an underperforming Stokes in the side

Bhumi

Club Captain
Stokes playing after long time, long innings In international cricket yesterday (53) so its okayed.he saved England from 103/4 to respective 193+

I wish India bats first at Lords tomorrow because in between innings break really bothers me.

Bhumi

Club Captain
Depends on when you are off to bed. The timing is perfect for me ... starting at 5pm and ending by midnight. Tests will be even better, starting at 3:30pm[DOUBLEPOST=1531461583][/DOUBLEPOST]

That is a misplaced judgement based on just one match/series

You may not aware of but India must need to win 3/0 to gains #1 in ODI ranking if England win tomorrow or at Leeds on Tuesday they will remains #1.india #2.

I do not think India have potential to beat England in England 3/0.you can not beat Team like England with your Chinaman
Weapons or your wrist spinners.

Kohli says after the victory,'' we are serious to experiment Chahal/kuldeep in test cricket too'

England will Win test matches for sure, test cricket is different ball game vs Quality swing.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
How come no one is taking about Stokes? That was a pretty painful knock to watch. I wonder if England have room for an underperforming Stokes in the side
He is what Jesse Ryder for New Zealand was. One of a very fine talent who will never be successful just solely based on his attitude. But to his defense he came in at a time England were struggling and one more wicket could have meant that he England's middle order woes exposed once again. Plus with Butler playing so well (thanks to IPL :rolleyes), he did not need to go boom boom. I thought that although it was a slugging inning, he looked in better form then he has looked ever since his comeback.

One thing to notice is suddenly all those who were comparing and saying Root is better then Kohli have disappeared. Both are awful captains and Root might be a good red ball player but is no where near the likes of Kohli, Williamson and Smith in white ball cricket. Those three are par above excellence.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
He was forced to play that knock since England were in that position being 4 down with the wristies having many overs left. With Buttler attacking, it was good for Stokes to play an cautious innings. In any case, that knock was crucial for England to make over 200 runs. So it was not a bad knock considering the circumstances.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
He was forced to play that knock since England were in that position being 4 down with the wristies having many overs left. With Buttler attacking, it was good for Stokes to play an cautious innings. In any case, that knock was crucial for England to make over 200 runs. So it was not a bad knock considering the circumstances.
Absolutely right, but he wasnt in his casual shot mode whatsoever.. Shots were hit off really bad deliveries..Deliveries where even the ball would have travelled for a boundary on its own... He could have converted it to more of a 70-75 strike rate kind of an innings if he had the right mind set...

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
That was a dominating performance, Kuldeep was outstanding and the way Rohit batted, he possibly could've reached the 200 run mark. Kohli played very well too, bit unlucky to miss out on a ton while it was also good to see Dhawan scoring. Overall loving the team balance.

I expect England to do much better for the next one.

Bhumi

Club Captain
http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/18018/preview/1119547/england-vs-india-2nd-odi-ind-eng-2018y

14/07 - 03:30 PM IST
2nd ODI, India tour of Ireland and England at London, Jul 14,2018

England face true test of ODI skills and mindset to keep series alive
Big Picture
Is this looming as a summer of torment by spin for England? The signs are heading that way. The weather continues to be hot, the pitches are dry and there are some masterful tweakers in the opposition. Eoin Morgan was putting on a brave face after his side succumbed to Kuldeep Yadav for the second time in a couple of weeks - and there is an element of truth in his comments that England won't see many of his style - but they need a swift response at Lord's.

They showed it was possible during the T20 series, winning Cardiff after Kuldeep's matchwinning haul at Old Trafford, with such effectiveness that Kuldeep didn't play the deciding match in Bristol. How India manage their new wunderkind will be fascinating; he has the potential to cause all manner of problems.

But it wasn't only the impact of Kuldeep that was a concern for England. Their formidable record over the last few years has been built on the immense batting that can either set a huge target or chase one down. Now they are facing an opposition who can do the same. Chasing 268 there posed no scoreboard pressure on India, but the way they cantered to victory suggested that another 100 runs would have been well within grasp as well. There has been a challenge laid down to England's bowlers as well as their batsmen.

England will hope that the venues for the next two matches - Lord's and Headingley - will provide conditions more conducive to them, but they are facing a side who appear to have most bases covered.

Form guide
(last five completed matches, most recent first)

England LWWWW
India WWWLW

In the spotlight
Ben Stokes has rarely had to work harder for his runs than in Nottingham. His 102-ball fifty was the second slowest by an England player in ODIs since 2001 and by 39 balls Stokes' slowest in ODIs. Until his reverse sweep against Kuldeep - just as England wanted a late push - he was at least able to survive, even if not always convincingly but could not put the pressure back on India's bowlers. Some rustiness is to be expected after a lengthy lay-off but England need him to move through the gears quickly.

Virat Kohli is a man on a mission this tour - and he's starting to tick with the bat. His 75 at Trent Bridge included some supreme shots, it was a surprise when he was beaten by a neat legbreak from Adil Rashid and stumped for just the third time in his career. Kohli has only played two previous matches at Lord's - an ODI in 2011 and a Test 2014 - making 41 runs in three innings. His chance of a defining moment will come in August during the Test series, but do not be surprised if he graces the famous ground with something special this weekend.

Teams news
England tend not to overreact to a defeat so they could easily go with the same XI. Dawid Malan is now a permanent member of the squad after Alex Hales' injury while Sam Curran and Jake Ball are there if they want to freshen up the pace attack.

England (probable) 1 Jason Roy, 2 Jonny Bairstow, 3 Joe Root, 4 Eoin Morgan (capt), 5 Ben Stokes, 6 Jos Buttler (wk), 7 Moeen Ali, 8 David Willey, 9 Adil Rashid, 10 Liam Plunkett, 11 Mark Wood

The only change India are likely to consider is bringing back Bhuvneshwar Kumar if he has recovered from his back niggle. He would replace Siddarth Kaul.

India (probable) 1 Rohit Sharma, 2 Shikhar Dhawan, 3 Virat Kohli (capt), 4 KL Rahul, 5 MS Dhoni (wk), 6 Suresh Raina, 7 Hardik Pandya, 8 Siddarth Kaul, 9 Kuldeep Yadav, 10 Yuzvendra Chahal, 11 Umesh Yadav

Pitch and conditions
Lord's generally produces true pitches for one-day cricket although the bowlers can be in the game. England's last outing there, albeit on a grassy surface that is unlikely to be seen this time, saw then 20 for 6 against South Africa. There was turn on offer in the recent Royal London Cup final. The forecast is for another warm, sunny day.

Stats and trivia
  • MS Dhoni remains 33 runs short of 10,000 in ODIs.

• Kuldeep Yadav needs five wickets to reach 50 in ODIs. If he does it with another five-wicket bag at Lord's he would become the second fastest man to the milestone (22 matches) after Ajantha Mendis

• The last time England lost two consecutive ODIs was 35 matches ago in January 2017 when they faced India in Pune and Cuttack; their last ODI series defeat at home was against Australia in 2015
Quotes
"You have to give credit where it is due, he did bowl well and we need to clarify our plans and commit to them and just be better."
Eoin Morgan on the Kuldeep factor[DOUBLEPOST=1531538476][/DOUBLEPOST]So the game starts at 3.30 Pm IST ?

hardik85

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
You may not aware of but India must need to win 3/0 to gains #1 in ODI ranking if England win tomorrow or at Leeds on Tuesday they will remains #1.india #2.

I do not think India have potential to beat England in England 3/0.you can not beat Team like England with your Chinaman
Weapons or your wrist spinners.

Kohli says after the victory,'' we are serious to experiment Chahal/kuldeep in test cricket too'

England will Win test matches for sure, test cricket is different ball game vs Quality swing.

what? are you even watching the matches? India is beating england with one single wrist spinner.

how can you say england will win test matches for sure? just because the tests are played in england? yes they have better chance because of home conditions and experience but they may get a surprise. If india plays hacks like rohit sharma and dhawan in tests, then no chance.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Weapons or your wrist spinners..

Tbh, that’s the easiest way to beat England, we have been weak against quality spin since.....forever

3-0 to India is on the cards

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Call me pessimistic, call it reverse jinxing or call it whatever you want. I do not see a series victory for India in Tests. I mean it would be great if they do, but I'm not betting on it. If England's spin issues are being portrayed as their downfall, so is India's problem against quality seam bowling. It's a totally different ball game when it comes to red ball cricket and England are blessed mighty in that department in this format.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Call me pessimistic, call it reverse jinxing or call it whatever you want. I do not see a series victory for India in Tests..

Does repeatedly posting the same things over the years constitute a ban :p

However I hope you are absolutely spot on with that assessment, but I cannot see it (oh no falling into aspirin mode :D)

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Calling India favorites for the test series would be absolutely silly. The wickets provided for tests are not going to be the belter churned out in ODIs and T20s.

We are yet to prove our abilities when it comes to tackling top class seam bowling. It's easy to get carried away with the limited overs success. Tests is a different ball game altogether

Users who are viewing this thread