International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
India have a habit of letting tailenders score plenty of runs. They must not let this game go from them when the lead is so slim for England.

That was a truly epic knock from Kohli. Good to see he shut up those critics with a stellar knock. He may be a bad captain, but he is actually a mathematician, an intellect and scientist with the bat :p. What makes this knock so special is when everyone's kept falling around him, and stood firm. And he played smartly and added 92 runs with Ishant and Umesh, by far one of the worst tailenders in the team. They deserve credit for sticking with Kohli for an added 33 deliveries while it was swinging.

Just imagine what it would've been India had been 160 all out, we might've been facing a target close to 250, which the lineup couldn't hope to chase.

I think this is one of the knocks that people will remember for the next few years.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Ishant needs to go back to round the wicket and Ashwin needs to come back from the other hand.

Edit: He just went round the wicket.

This is where Bumrah might be helpful from second match onwards. He can be a difficult bowler for tail-enders.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
And the saga continues...boundaries in flourish even though some of them were off edges.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I think I should stay away from watching it live. Whenever I watch it live, India don't seem to do anything at all. And when I dont watch, India look like champions. :p

If they get to 180+ on the lead, this game is gone for India! Curran, Anderson, Stokes and Broad will be licking their fingers in anticipation against batters who including Kohli (who was dropped twice) look super vulnerable.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Oh my god Dhawan you tweaking muppet. Can someone just send him back to India already.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Hahahahahahahahahahhahahahaaha

Dhawan you beauty! Doing an incredible job of making sure the opposition has enough runs on the board for you to get to your "100".

Bhumi

Club Captain
Ishant just spliced England's middle order through in one single over. Malan, Stokes and Buttler. Exceptional bowling that over! Possibly better than his now 'overrated' Ponting spell of 2008.

They need to close this out ASAP. Curran showed in 1st innings that he can bat. Rashid has a decent FC average. Cant let these two get away!
[DOUBLEPOST=1533303513][/DOUBLEPOST]131/7
144 in front with bad light stopped play.

Curran dropped by Dhawan,on 30*
Rashid on 15*

Bhumi

Club Captain
Dinesh Karthik has been an awful keeper in this match so far.
Pant and pujara (better fielder)( close in )far more superior
Than those tinker beL (DK and Ravi s. best friend)(Rahul and VK best friend) India selects

Lead now 144

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Pant and pujara (better fielder)( close in )far more superior
Than those tinker beL (DK and Ravi s. best friend)(Rahul and VK best friend) India selects

Lead now 144

Do you even read what you speak? I know your English is not refined which is OK, but what are you blabbering on about? Whose best friend is whom?

You can't throw in Pant in place of DK who is vastly more experienced. This is test cricket we are talking about. I can't even understand how Pant got picked for a test series when he has not yet established himself in limited overs cricket. And Pant has shown by now that he is more of a limited overs player with his batting style and all. The problem with this latest generation fans is that they think these IPL-bred T20 players can just come in and do well in demanding conditions and in test cricket.

Picking Pant in place of Dinesh Karthik is a lottery. There is no sane and sensible logic behind it. And I have no confidence that Pant will keep any better than DK in tests. Pant will have an even bigger kind of 'nervousness' because this is his first test series ever in his career and he hasnt played a test yet for India. We have seen in the past how Parthiv struggled with his keeping in England when he was too young and raw (or maybe you were too young to even follow cricket at that time).

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
England are favorites from here on. Chasing 200 here is a real tough task and it is a score where Kohli alone cannot win you the game.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Paree

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
194 to win. I'd say its an even contest. Maybe slightly in England's favor. If openers fire and Rahul doesn't play horrible shot like he did in the first innings, India have a good chance.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
In the space of 2 hours @asprin :D

Are you clubbing all Indian members here into one single human being, Zim? :p

194 to win. I'd say its an even contest. Maybe slightly in England's favor. If openers fire and Rahul doesn't play horrible shot like he did in the first innings, India have a good chance.

65-35 in favor of England, I'd say. The ball is still swinging around and England have showed that they can still prise out wickets even though they are not upto their 2014 level of performance. For India, individual brilliance wont win it here. Need a few collective brilliances to pull this through.

Users who are viewing this thread