National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Advantage England here. I would say 80:20

They wil get to have a go at kohli and Co. In the morning session.. when they will be the most vulnerable

They will get to Unleash the Currankan (continuing with the bad puns)

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
If Karthik can survive the first hour or two tomorrow, it could be a career defining innings for him and one that could help him get a more permanent place in the test side over Saha. I know DK's keeping has been below par in this test match, but one challenging knock in extremely tough conditions is all that is needed for him to get the confidence back into his keeping and surge on. To his credit, he looked much better today in the 2nd innings and was growing in confidence as the innings progressed.

Fingers crossed for him to kick on tomorrow and support Kohli.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
This feels very similar to Adelaide test in 2014. Virat again being the only player taking the fight to the opposition. He played a bad shot there to give Australia the win which eventually defined the series. He is definitely a better player now but again, it all depends on how he bats tomorrow. He is capable of carrying India through but he needs someone at the other end to stay with him.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Not for the first time, Kohli's brilliance with the bat will mask his stupidity as a leader! I feel we're going to win tomorrow and he's going to be not out.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This feels very similar to Adelaide test in 2014. Virat again being the only player taking the fight to the opposition. He played a bad shot there to give Australia the win which eventually defined the series. He is definitely a better player now but again, it all depends on how he bats tomorrow. He is capable of carrying India through but he needs someone at the other end to stay with him.
Pretty much going through the same mentality, just can't utter a word until we actually are 1-0 up.

That Adelaide one was a Heartbreaker TBH, lost from the jaws of victory with Kohli being the last to be dismissed after a ton.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
<Rant>
Oh dear, 5 down. Frankly speaking England are 1 ball away from winning this Test. It's so frustrating to see our batting perish like this. Ishant and Umesh, for god's sake, were able to survive 16-20 deliveries and the so called top/middle order can't even do that.

I see India folding up under 150 tomorrow morning. Another golden opportunity wasted.

How do you expect to win matches when you keep dropping cathches, do not score runs, and show no desire to slog it out out there in the middle?

[HASHTAG]#SARepeats[/HASHTAG]
</Rant>

1 down, more to come @zimrahil

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
On a positive note, it was fantastic to witness a competitive match see-sawing the whole time.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Dhawan has to go as such a casual approach in Test cricket won't work. KL Rahul is such a good batter but the pressure is seen in his batting. Pujara needs to be brought back right away! I hate to say this but Rahane seems way too nervous and that has been the case for more than an year now. So I think it is time to look beyond him now and give the likes of Nair consistent opportunities.

Earlier teams and players were built by backing them over a period of time. There has to be a feeling of security and only then can one perform freely. I seriously feel too much pressure is put on the top/middle order batsmen and hence they fall like a pack of cards. Imagine what Pujara might be going through if he plays in the 2nd Test. Will he be able to bat as himself with the sword hanging right above his head?

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Dhawan has to go as such a casual approach in Test cricket won't work. KL Rahul is such a good batter but the pressure is seen in his batting. Pujara needs to be brought back right away! I hate to say this but Rahane seems way too nervous and that has been the case for more than an year now. So I think it is time to look beyond him now and give the likes of Nair consistent opportunities.

Earlier teams and players were built by backing them over a period of time. There has to be a feeling of security and only then can one perform freely. I seriously feel too much pressure is put on the top/middle order batsmen and hence they fall like a pack of cards. Imagine what Pujara might be going through if he plays in the 2nd Test. Will he be able to bat as himself with the sword hanging right above his head?

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
<Rant>
Oh dear, 5 down. Frankly speaking England are 1 ball away from winning this Test. It's so frustrating to see our batting perish like this. Ishant and Umesh, for god's sake, were able to survive 16-20 deliveries and the so called top/middle order can't even do that.

I see India folding up under 150 tomorrow morning. Another golden opportunity wasted.

How do you expect to win matches when you keep dropping cathches, do not score runs, and show no desire to slog it out out there in the middle?

[HASHTAG]#SARepeats[/HASHTAG]
</Rant>

1 down, more to come @zimrahil

Above made my morning , thanks :p

Agree it’s all down to kohli. England get him out in first hour they are strong favourites, if they don’t India are strong favourites . For me it’s really as simple as that

Yes been great test match, great way to celebrate England’s 1000th test. Let’s hope for a one run or one wicket win, or imagine, a tie :eek:

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels

Yeah, guess you need not post it thrice. :p

Also, wanna hear from people who said Rohit is the reason Indian overseas test batting failures...

Users who are viewing this thread