India tour of England 2018

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I am surprised so many people are so disheartened. What's so surprising? Every cricket match we have played under this clown it's been littered with absurd selections. Next game Bumrah who shouldn't even be in the test squad will come in place of Kuldeep whose confidence will no doubt take a knock. I expect Pant to replace DK, because it's fun.

Rahul
Vijay
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Nair
DK
Ashwin
Shami
Umesh
Ishant

This should have been our team in both tests. Lay a foundation and then attack with a wrist spinner or another fast bowler if you're a test match down. Just no strategy and no application. You don't need 5 bowlers to bowl this English team out!

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I'm sort of enjoying this thrashing. Long overdue!
As much as I hate this management, this is very bad for us. I seriously can't watch the game anymore seeing how we have given up! Everyone in the comm. box is criticizing Kohli's field placements and rightly so. This is not a limited overs cricket ffs.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I am surprised so many people are so disheartened. What's so surprising? Every cricket match we have played under this clown it's been littered with absurd selections. Next game Bumrah who shouldn't even be in the test squad will come in place of Kuldeep whose confidence will no doubt take a knock. I expect Pant to replace DK, because it's fun.
But hey we can't blame him. The batters need to score while their frame of mind can go for a toss.

England number 8 Curran looking much better than India top 5 batsmen!

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
But hey we can't blame him. The batters need to score while their frame of mind can go for a toss.

England number 8 Curran looking much better than India top 5 batsmen!

If MS Dhoni would have dropped Virat Kohli after the tour of England in 2014, what would have become of him? When you become captain you earmark your players and back them to the hilt. Nobody should have a lifetime contract to play for the country but when some people have performed for you at a level you have to support them in their dark times. The guys struggling are not 35+. They're all young and have half a career left.

It's hilarious to me that when we were getting caned under Dhoni overseas it was all down to his defensive style and now suddenly people are like Kohli can't make everyone's runs. Sure, he can't but he is the reason everyone doesn't know where the next run is coming from. The very fact that an Einstein of this game has been replaced with Bluto from Popeye says a lot. A lot!

These two morons should have been sacked the day they benched Bhuvi in SA.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
If MS Dhoni would have dropped Virat Kohli after the tour of England in 2014, what would have become of him? When you become captain you earmark your players and back them to the hilt. Nobody should have a lifetime contract to play for the country but when some people have performed for you at a level you have to support them in their dark times. The guys struggling are not 35+. They're all young and have half a career left.

It's hilarious to me that when we were getting caned under Dhoni overseas it was all down to his defensive style and now suddenly people are like Kohli can't make everyone's runs. Sure, he can't but he is the reason everyone doesn't know where the next run is coming from. The very fact that an Einstein of this game has been replaced with Bluto from Popeye says a lot. A lot!

These two morons should have been sacked the day they benched Bhuvi in SA.

That says a lot. You've summed up everything I wanted to say. Captains and coaches will come and go but I fear we may lose one of our best crop of test cricketers in recent memory due to bad handling. Noone in Indian cricket has apoken out openly about this and sadly it continues to damage our game.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
That says a lot. You've summed up everything I wanted to say. Captains and coaches will come and go but I fear we may lose one of our best crop of test cricketers in recent memory due to bad handling. Noone in Indian cricket has apoken out openly about this and sadly it continues to damage our game.

The root cause lies in our riches. The BCCI has complete power over all matters cricket. They cannot critic Kohli vehemently because of the directive handed to ex players and pundits. There are also the lot that need to make a living. There is then the lot who are plain and simple parasites i.e Manjerekar. When you create an environment where someone's opinions are completely unchallenged, growth is impossible. I know there will be clowns who will turn around and say- 'Hey, Australia, SA, England all get whacked abroad. India is no different.' Well, we don't play a lot of other sports like other nations. Our population is probably more than 3-4 countries put together and we have more money than anyone else. Perhaps more than everyone combined. In spite of that, we aren't a cut above the rest. All we like to do is brag that we produce the best batsman in the world. We hail his performances and some even pleasure themselves on their numbers. But, when push comes to shove we bury our heads in shame. This time, more than any other because we had the people and the opposition was weak. Yet, we found a way to be weaker.

Mijurkat

Mystery Monarch
India
CSK
Islamabad
Sydney Thunder
Southern Brave
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Not a good feeling prior to the Independence Day, that's why they remove Kumble. This team india don't want to practice under pressure and discipline. They just want to switch on and off from responsibility.

B

Bigby Wolf

The way we are playing it seems like another whitewash coming up.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Indian cricket fans being too critical and too stupid about their team will never get old...

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Indian cricket fans being too critical and too stupid about their team will never get old...

I think the criticism is valid this time. They seem poorly coached/captained and utterly disjointed on the field at times. They're playing like 11 players who were brought together half an hour before the game with no planning or strategy. Root, for all his "craptian" tags, at least had a specific set of ideas in mind which he followed.

Also, we can't blame Kohli for picking two spinners since everyone expected a dry Lord's surface even when the first match was going on but his usage of players has been very poor. He's toying with the confidence of his players and Rahane is the biggest example of that. He has seen his role change so much that he has lost touch at what he was previously extremely good at - quiet accumulation of runs.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Declaration came at exactly right time imo. Overcast, ball going round corners. Interesting to see how India approach this innings. I.e. try and fight it out or go down all guns blazing ?

P.s. where are all our Indian members, gone very quiet around here (@asprin , @Rebel2k18 etc) :p

Users who are viewing this thread