India tour of South Africa

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I don't agree even one bit with this. If you are good enough to win, you will win. Ensuring the visitors lost the series before even a ball was bowled. Seriously? There is no such thing in cricket. You are telling as if we changed the pitch when we are batting and changed it to make it worse when they batted. I can't have this debate all over again. I seriously tried to ignore this comment, but I succumbed and reacted to this.

I respect everyones post and their views and don't mean to offend anyone. But honestly, this is one of the worst comment I have seen here from you seeing how you make quality posts.
lol Exactly! While nobody asked for a pitch which would help India win in SA. If ICC=BCCI, I wonder why the same people still watch cricket. Fully support what Kohli said especially the tone in which the reporter was speaking he deserved something even more worse than what he got, you can't expect him to not back what we achieved.

s2sschan

Club Cricketer
Okay, agree. But can SA play on spin friendly tracks? Can Aus? Can Eng? Can NZ? It's the matter of where you grow up playing. FFS Stop the nonsense that India is shit outside the subcontinent, its the reverse for others in the subcontinent, Aus and Eng lost to Ban in these conditions, the can't handle quality spin so stop the talks that say rank turners are poor and green tops are excellent.
I want India to be better than SA, ENG, or AUS.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I want India to be better than SA, ENG, or AUS.
Everyone of us want but can't always get what we want. 2007-08 I was a kid and didn't understand what exactly tests were, India defeated England in England. I remember that and won't forget in my entire life.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Where has he made conveniently it as hallmark ? Please point it out to me. He said "Wherever we play we try to do our best." ( I didn't read the link, I just read those questions you posted here) when asked about the wins in India. We didn't tour outside India for few years and we played more games in India and we WON all of them and we became #1. How is this Kohli's fault ? He doesn't schedule these matches. And ofcourse he has to back it up that we are the number one side. So according to you, he should just tell that we lost this series and we don't deserve to be #1 ? Are you serious ?

Yes he said he is ready to tackle overseas challenges, but we failed. We came into the series with #1 ranking and even if we have lost here, we cannot get depressed and just openly come out and tell we don't deserve this ranking. We are number one for a reason. And unlike others, he is not blaming the pitches or conditions and he is accepting the mistake that we didn't perform well. The tone in which the media guy asked questions, Kohli responded appropriately.

In general-

Nowadays in most of the series, home team is winning. The heat we are getting is quite frankly disappointing especially from some of the good posters. We fought well and we lost. Captaincy was bad, I agree. But I for one support my team, India regardless of who plays and how many games we lose. I don't care about trollers because that's what they do. Haters gonna hate. I stand behind my captain regardless of the decisions he has taken and suck it up because I am an Indian cricket team supporter.

The fact that he was referring to the number of wins out of the 34 tests that he has captained India in and was not willing to give importance to the fact that almost all of those wins came in India and subcontinental conditions, tells you that he considers all those wins in India as the hallmark of being the best side. Everyone who follows cricket knows that to be truly called a #1 side, you need to master overseas conditions and win series outside India. That's the true definition of a #1 team.

And then he very easily brings up South Africa's performance when they toured India. A decent captain will focus on where he and his team went wrong and not use the other team's touring record as an excuse to cover up his and his team's performance. Until we keep bringing this up as an excuse whenever India goes abroad and fails, we won't improve.

S

Satan666

What the hell do you mean by “doctoring pitches” anyway? Preparing pitches according to their will. Well, every home team does that, that is why they are the home team. You cant ask the away team to decide the pitch, then it wont become the away tour.

I can expand more on this but I would on another thread, will open one on pitch manipulation soon. Thanks for your feedback.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
@CerealKiller I think you missed my post. Can you please reply to this ?
The way Kohli showed his anger on Vijay after his dismissal in the first innings (Vijay could not implement Kohli's on field "g**nd phat jaayegi" statement), don't be surprised if Vijay is dropped and Dhawan is brought back.
He also cursed at Shami for not bowling the way he wanted him to

S

Satan666

I cant blame the fans for lashing out like this on social media, India won some high profile series on the trott and I know firsthand the media in India make these cricketers to be rockstars!

Our lot on a cricket forum are more neutral fans since we may know the innerworkings of test cricket but those guys on social media are displaying raw passion because they simply do not know better.

Never judge people and call them
idiots you really dont know what theyre about.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I cant blame the fans for lashing out like this on social media, India won some high profile series on the trott and I know firsthand the media in India make these cricketers to be rockstars!

Our lot on a cricket forum are more neutral fans since we may know the innerworkings of test cricket but those guys on social media are displaying raw passion because they simply do not know better.

Never judge people and call them
idiots you really dont know what theyre about.
Well, the lenght at which those people go just because of a cricket match, it'd be common sense to realise that it's plain idiotic.[DOUBLEPOST=1516220591][/DOUBLEPOST]And i'm not just pointing at Indian fans. It's a problem with all Asian fans

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
A warm-up match before the first test would have certainly made a difference. Our batsmen have been struggling to find rhythm, except for Kohli. That's all. Bowlers have been top notch. Not that bad with the selections also as bad a few people have been claiming.

B

Bigby Wolf

He also cursed at Shami for not bowling the way he wanted him to
So what? What exactly are you trying to say? it happens all the time in cricket teammates do you use swear words against each other. Should I post the quote how Sarfaraz was calling Fakhar G*ndu(A***hole ) the other day. No big deal happens all time just because stump mics are high in SA ,NZ ,England or AUS we can actually listen to all the swearing by the India & Pakistani player.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
So what? What exactly are you trying to say? it happens all the time in cricket teammates do you use swear words against each other. Should I post the quote how Sarfaraz was calling Fakhar G*ndu(A***hole ) the other day. No big deal happens all time just because stump mics are high in SA ,NZ ,England or AUS we can actually listen to all the swearing by the India & Pakistani player.
LOL don't get defensive. I didn't reach any conclusion, i just said what i heard.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Actually I felt you were trying to incite some angle into it like you play with the Pakistani angle here all over the forum time be it a few page earlier (Just a feeling ).
I actually find Kohli's "comments" funny, just like Sarfraz's :p
Regarding the "angle", i only play it if i feel someone else is trying to provoke. Sometimes i'm wrong.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Kohli got absolutely "OWNED" in the press conference. He couldn't even say SL and WI. This shows that they knew SA was the challenge.

I really hope we lose 3-0 to drive the point hime further that we are led by a blazing ass. A win would make it look like some sort of reincarnation which it is far from.

Users who are viewing this thread