India tour of South Africa

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
But SA have ABD who will alone score 84 runs.

ABD played that game in 2006 and got out cheaply in that first innings. ABD is a great player but he has shown that he is prone to cheap dismissals just like anyone other great batsman in the world.

Bhuvi is starting to get some valuable runs here. 37 more runs for us to get to 200, which still can be a good total if our bowlers continue to bowl the way they've done this series.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
You are supposed to jinx them not us :p.
They dropped Rohit, not my problem :p.

On a serious note; I still feel Bhuvi can get to the 200 mark.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I would guess we need to sneak out some more runs here before SA have the new ball available at 80 overs. If we block/defend without scoring, we will anyways be gobbled up when the new ball is taken.

S

Satan666

India all out for a paltry 187! Another 30 or so runs couldve make a difference.

All the strain on Bhuvi, Bhummi, Shammmmi..,,, and yeah that be it!

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Same old story. Rahane needs to score 20 to reach Rohits landmark performance :p I see another 5-0 in England and 4-0 in Australia. Although we picked our best team today, our best is still not the best. Yes we came close in the first two test but a loss is a loss. As @SaiSrini said Kohli wont enjoy the protection that Dhoni got as his ego pisses off the crowd as well now. Ganguly was aggressive too, but he built the team. Ravi Shastri definitely has to go as he is just a yes man to Kohli. Some serious nerf in power is needed from Kohli's hand. This is the only thing that will prevent him from being the best in world.

prasoonvidhu

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Same old story. Rahane needs to score 20 to reach Rohits landmark performance :p I see another 5-0 in England and 4-0 in Australia. Although we picked our best team today, our best is still not the best. Yes we came close in the first two test but a loss is a loss. As @SaiSrini said Kohli wont enjoy the protection that Dhoni got as his ego pisses off the crowd as well now. Ganguly was aggressive too, but he built the team. Ravi Shastri definitely has to go as he is just a yes man to Kohli. Some serious nerf in power is needed from Kohli's hand. This is the only thing that will prevent him from being the best in world.
Cool down man. This is a difficult pitch.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Although we picked our best team today, our best is still not the best
I beg to differ. Bumrah and Ishant should not be in the team too.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Cool down man. This is a difficult pitch.
I am pretty cool. I dont give a damn. Also there is no excuse. When two batsman can apply themselves and reach half century there is 0 excuse for players such as Vijay, Rahul. I can give a little leeway to Rahane seeing its his first match and Parthiv is not a test material at all so I dont care but Vijay and Rahul really need to up the ante. Rahul has been disappointing and now I rememebr @Prithvi's discussion long back that he still has a lot to prove. To be very honest Rahul does not give me any more confidence than Shikhar Dhawan[DOUBLEPOST=1516806880][/DOUBLEPOST]
I beg to differ. Bumrah and Ishant should not be in the team too.
Hence our best is still not best.

prasoonvidhu

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I am pretty cool. I dont give a damn. Also there is no excuse. When two batsman can apply themselves and reach half century there is 0 excuse for players such as Vijay, Rahul. I can give a little leeway to Rahane seeing its his first match and Parthiv is not a test material at all so I dont care but Vijay and Rahul really need to up the ante. Rahul has been disappointing and now I rememebr @Prithvi's discussion long back that he still has a lot to prove. To be very honest Rahul does not give me any more confidence than Shikhar Dhawan[DOUBLEPOST=1516806880][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hence our best is still not best.
Vijay did play a poor shot but Rahul could not have played that differently. The pitch was doing loads. Opening is a difficult job on these kind of pitches

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Vijay did play a poor shot but Rahul could not have played that differently. The pitch was doing loads. Opening is a difficult job on these kind of pitches
I completely agree opening is a difficult job and hence its really important openers give us a good start. Sehwag and Gambhir did give us good starts and hence India was really on top during those years. Since last couple of years we have struggled with opening and hence our entire team struggles. Pujara is basically our opener who actually survives. Send Vijay and Rahul like Pujara to play in England and SA domestics. Pujara has had two run outs but has been pretty solid this series given how poor his record was at conditions away from home. English domestic has helped Pujara, did help Dravid, did help Zaheer.[DOUBLEPOST=1516807420][/DOUBLEPOST]Also what great decision making. Shami should be opening the bowling as he is pretty solid in these conditions but we prefer Bumrah.

S

Satan666

SA close on day 1 at 6/1 in reply to Ind 187/10. I’d say SA holds a slight advantage!

S

Satan666

I completely agree opening is a difficult job and hence its really important openers give us a good start. Sehwag and Gambhir did give us good starts and hence India was really on top during those years. Since last couple of years we have struggled with opening and hence our entire team struggles. Pujara is basically our opener who actually survives. Send Vijay and Rahul like Pujara to play in England and SA domestics. Pujara has had two run outs but has been pretty solid this series given how poor his record was at conditions away from home. English domestic has helped Pujara, did help Dravid, did help Zaheer.[DOUBLEPOST=1516807420][/DOUBLEPOST]Also what great decision making. Shami should be opening the bowling as he is pretty solid in these conditions but we prefer Bumrah.

Why Gambhir aint here? Has he retired test cricket?

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Why Gambhir aint here? Has he retired test cricket?
Lost form. He isnt the same Gambhir he used to be and its obvious. Indian domestic is not the best challenging ground and age also a big factor for him. India is producing good bowlers because we paid attention to it few back but now the problem is Openers and Keepers. India does not have aspire confidence in nurturing one. Its too early but we need players like Shaw who are a natural talent just like Kohli was. Vijay and others do have talent but they have worked really hard.

Users who are viewing this thread