IPL Indian Premier League 2016- General Discussion

Which team will be the champion of IPL 2017?

• Delhi Daredevils

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kolkata Knight Riders

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Kings XI Punjab

• Mumbai Indians

• Rising Pune Supergiants

• Gujarat Lions

• Sunrisers Hyderabad

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Royal Challengers Bangalore

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ravijeni

School Cricketer
This might be the last IPL for RCB. Because, RCB owner, Vijay Mallya is a wanted criminal for taking the loans from banks and not repaying them back. He has flew away to foriegn country in a fear of getting arrested. He has also stepped down as a Director (maybe different post) of RCB
Mallya issue has nothing to do with RCB actually
he is not a main.stake holder now

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Mallya issue has nothing to do with RCB actually
he is not a main.stake holder now
Let me make this clear to you that Vijay Mallya the chairman of United Spirits ltd. purchased the franchise with 75 % of shares on his name.

I read somewhere that after his resignation from the post of director of RCB team, his son Siddharth was made the team director for the period of two years Or till the franchise exist.

This makes things clear that the franchise has two years of operation or lesser than that.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
RCB franchise is a wholly owned subsidiary of United Spirits Limited (USL), of which Mallya had been chairman and non-executive director, till he resigned from his post. He also resigned from his position as a director of Royal Challengers Sports Private Limited (RCSPL), thus effectively relinquishing control over his team.

Diageo, a British alcohol company which has a majority stake in USL, Sidhartha Mallya will be a director of RCSPL, which holds the franchise for the Royal Challengers Bangalore for a period of two years, or till RCB stops being part of the USL Group, whichever is earlier.

Read more about it here- What happens to Royal Challengers Bangalore as 'owner' Vijay Mallya absconds, Who is the New RCB Owner

Even if there is a change in ownership, the name will change but 'Bangalore' will have an IPL team. That is the main thing here. Who cares who owns the team as long as Bangalore is a part of IPL.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Ah... So if Mallya (team owner - he is not just team official; he owns the company which owns the franchise) is a crook, then Bangalore will still continue to have an IPL team but if a team official (Meiyappan) and Raj Kundra are crooks, Chennai and Rajasthan will lose the opportunity to have IPL teams. What nonsense is this?

I would rather wish that the IPL itself dies rather than seeing all this nonsense going on.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Yeah the IPL has run it's course for me. I am someone who never misses any form of Cricket I can get. But watching IPL is a pain to the eyes. It is so cosmetic. And on top of that they play each team twice which is just plain stupid.

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Yeah the IPL has run it's course for me. I am someone who never misses any form of Cricket I can get. But watching IPL is a pain to the eyes. It is so cosmetic. And on top of that they play each team twice which is just plain stupid.
but it gave us players which we couldn't have through our domestic system.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
but it gave us players which we couldn't have through our domestic system.
Pandya H, now Pandya K & Bumrah. Rohit after leading us to a successful IPL 2013 became one of the only two consistent batsmen for India.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
He's consistently failing.
uhm... 264. uhm... 171* in Australia. uhm... 2 comsecutive hundreds and a 99 in a single series. uhm...uhm Thi was 2016 more to see behind.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
FInally Pune got a win. And dinda was a surprise. Is it a one match wonder ? Let's wait and see. Good to see MSD winning and hope more follows.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels

Users who are viewing this thread