IPL Indian Premier League 2016- General Discussion

Which team will be the champion of IPL 2017?

• Delhi Daredevils

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kolkata Knight Riders

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Kings XI Punjab

• Mumbai Indians

• Rising Pune Supergiants

• Gujarat Lions

• Sunrisers Hyderabad

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Royal Challengers Bangalore

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Ah... So if Mallya (team owner - he is not just team official; he owns the company which owns the franchise) is a crook, then Bangalore will still continue to have an IPL team but if a team official (Meiyappan) and Raj Kundra are crooks, Chennai and Rajasthan will lose the opportunity to have IPL teams. What nonsense is this?
That's incorrect. Chennai and Rajasthan weren't banned from having franchises. The people who bought the two new franchises could have chosen either of them as their home base, but they went with Gujarat and Pune.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
That's incorrect. Chennai and Rajasthan weren't banned from having franchises. The people who bought the two new franchises could have chosen either of them as their home base, but they went with Gujarat and Pune.

How tough is it going to be for the BCCI to say to the new prospective buyers that "the bidding will be only for the cities of Chennai and Rajasthan".

And once CSK and RR returns, these two franchises either co-exist or rename/realign themselves to a different city. You could have pursued various options - but the paramount thing should have been "not to punish the fans and the respective cities for the actions of the officials".

That's called a T20 match and turnaround while chasing. It was impossible for DD after 14 overs, but Morris kept cool and tried hard to win the match for his side. It was a memorable and splendid inning of 82*(32), unfortunately others didn't support him :(

Nonetheless, awesome spell of seam attack by Kulkarni and PK.

GL and DD are true fighters and must go to semis.

Obviously. I have loved Delhi's fighting qualities this season. The Zak-Dravid combination is really helping them well in this tournament. I believe Delhi is going to be the surprise packet this season. Gujarat have looked the better of the two new franchises, with the high profile players from the suspended franchises. I am confident both GL and DD will be in the semis. The other two would be from RCB, MI, KKR. I hope its RCB and MI. A playoff line up of GL, DD, RCB and MI would be great to watch!

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am not sure that RCB week qualify. I would go with Gujarat, KKR, Hyderabad, Delhi/Mumbai.
Gujarat and KKR is obvious. Hyderabad will need Kane and yuvi to be fit as soon as they can. I wish the other team is RCB, but at the moment it isn't looking like that.

grkrama

National Board President
One thing i would say with DD is to risk duminy out and get carlos in! I think he would give a better over all option than duminy for DD balance! Its really good to see Zak leading calm and from the helm, bowling the tough overs!

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
One thing i would say with DD is to risk duminy out and get carlos in! I think he would give a better over all option than duminy for DD balance! Its really good to see Zak leading calm and from the helm, bowling the tough overs!
I feel duminy is better than carlos. DD need a good stable batting line up. JP is a better batsman than carlos and he can be dangerous too. DD have enough bowlers. Zak, PK, Dhawal, Tahir, Mishra. They need solid batsman whom they can rely on.

grkrama

National Board President
he is but i think carlos gives you a bit more fire power at the end, i feel they need guys who cant hit big end more than other teams, duminy is more experienced than carlos as batsman surely, but with tahir, playing cant see duminy's spin being used much, and cant see him bring value purely as batsman, were as carlos being a seamer adds an option to fall back on incase they are defending in dew!

If duminy is played as an all-rounder i would get shami in for nadeem!

but its more of a preference than say out right replacement choice, both work good i just feel that carlos may give an edge!

garryjo82

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
why praveen kumar is not in current national t20 team ? i mean he is bowling superbly in this ipl but was not part of recent wt20 why?[DOUBLEPOST=1461821313][/DOUBLEPOST]
I feel duminy is better than carlos. DD need a good stable batting line up. JP is a better batsman than carlos and he can be dangerous too. DD have enough bowlers. Zak, PK, Dhawal, Tahir, Mishra. They need solid batsman whom they can rely on.
definitely better than as an overall batsman but carlos can be a real power hitter if it needs

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
why praveen kumar is not in current national t20 team ? i mean he is bowling superbly in this ipl but was not part of recent wt20 why?
Exactly. That's why he was not selected.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
what about SRH?[DOUBLEPOST=1461825453][/DOUBLEPOST]
didn't get your meaning actually :yes
He meant to say that PK is performing in this IPL. He was not performing before WT20 to get selected. As simple as that.

grkrama

National Board President
he would call it double blessing in disguise :p

on the whole RPS may actually do well to play the three all-rounders with smith

[DOUBLEPOST=1461855689][/DOUBLEPOST]this is why uthappa should have been our t20 opener

Users who are viewing this thread