Indian Premier League - General Discussion

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Where did Ankit Rajpoot sprout out from? He was excellent in the last game also against Delhi, taking two early wickets in the Powerplay. He has done the same thing today too, snapping Williamson and Dhawan (massive wickets). He was with CSK in the earlier seasons but not used at all. Credit probably must go to Ashwin (who was with CSK when Rajpoot was part of CSK) for bringing Rajpoot out and helping him deliver.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Two in two for SRH defending the low score. Other teams should really fear the SRH bowlers. Well played! Good to see the Kings loose, do not like them one bit!

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What another great defense by SRH! Don't mean to brag, but our bowling reserves are rich with talented fast bowlers.

But being pessimistic, SRH's batting is very feeble and not capable at chasing anything above 160. Batsmen played real slow today, even if the surface is tough, a 48 ball fifty is pathetic from someone like Pandey. Batting first, a strike rate of 115-120 is at least acceptable if it's tough. Batting continues to be a massive issue. SRH aren't going to win IPL if the batsmen don't step up and look at least OK.

It doesn't matter how many times SRH bowlers will defend 120, there will be days where they will leak 180-190 and the opposition will make mincemeat out of this batting lineup. Bowlers have been absolutely amazing, best bowling attack this season. Batting revamp needed for sure.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
SRH are barking mad to not be playing Hooda. Time to get him in for Pathan and Hales for Nabi.

Hales
Dhawan
Williamson
Pandey
Shakib
Hooda
Saha
Rashid
Sandeep
Bhuvi
Kaul

I personally feel SRH should take a foreign WK/Batsman for Stanlake. Saha is absolutely useless in T20. Latham/Bairstow/Mushfiqur are all good options.. I don't like the guy but I'd take Mushfiq. It would allow me to put Williamson top to control the innings and give some spunk to the middle order. It also allows me to play Pathan at 7 thus lengthening the batting.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I feel like the IPL final is going to be between the two most incredible teams this year - CSK and SRH. More specifically, it will be between CSK's batting vs SRH's bowling. And I think on that day, SRH's bowling will end up misfiring

Gopal123

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Nepal
I feel like the IPL final is going to be between the two most incredible teams this year - CSK and SRH. More specifically, it will be between CSK's batting vs SRH's bowling. And I think on that day, SRH's bowling will end up misfiring
no mate it will be kxip vs Csk/Mi(Yes i am not joking)/KKR[DOUBLEPOST=1524814104][/DOUBLEPOST]
31353701_1675341935877595_2766165982425550479_n.jpg

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK

CSK and incredible? They haven't been incredible yet. In fact, CSK has shown weakness, both in bowling/fielding and in the inconsistent performance of its top order. Its this Dhoni mantra of "believe that you can chase anything and everything, even if its in the zone of impossible" that has helped CSK get JUST over the line in most of the games. Also one thing to consider is that in such cases, law of averages comes into picture and for CSK, the law of averages has not yet caught up with them completely (the KXIP defeat was not such a case).

As a passionate CSK'ian, your words are honey to my ears. But from purely the perspective of a neutral, I cant agree that CSK have been incredible. They have been OK. They have not looked as good as Punjab or Hyderabad.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Lol what? Punjab have just been riding on their openers and see what happened when they went back cheaply yesterday. SRH batting has failed many times. CSK actually have looked brilliant. Bravo in the 1st match, Billings, Rayudu, Dhoni, Watson have all scored and won them games. Their overall batting is in great shape. Their bowling unit too has been good with youngsters like Chahar delivering.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
The IPL mid season transfer window starts this Sunday (April 29th - Match 28) and goes until May 10th (Match 42). Since this is the first time the mid-season transfer window is being introduced for the IPL, would be interesting to see how the franchises swap players amongst themselves. Being the ultra-conservative franchise that CSK is, I have a feeling they won't even get anywhere near it. :D

Lol what? Punjab have just been riding on their openers and see what happened when they went back cheaply yesterday. SRH batting has failed many times. CSK actually have looked brilliant. Bravo in the 1st match, Billings, Rayudu, Dhoni, Watson have all scored and won them games. Their overall batting is in great shape. Their bowling unit too has been good with youngsters like Chahar delivering.

Yeah. All riding on one brilliant individual performance. Bowling unit has delivered? Chahar has done well and that too on an inconsistent basis. Who else? The spinners (on whom CSK management put enormous amount of backing during the auctions hoping that they would serve well on the turning tracks) have not even shown their head so far. Jadeja did not even get a bowl in a few games. Harbhajan has been pointless. Karn Sharma took some wickets but he did not look threatening. Tahir has been super expensive in most games he has played.

Users who are viewing this thread