International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Lol what? Punjab have just been riding on their openers and see what happened when they went back cheaply yesterday. SRH batting has failed many times. CSK actually have looked brilliant. Bravo in the 1st match, Billings, Rayudu, Dhoni, Watson have all scored and won them games. Their overall batting is in great shape. Their bowling unit too has been good with youngsters like Chahar delivering.
They've looked brilliant at certain stages in all their matches. They had luck on their side as well, a one wicket victory against MI with Bravo delivering at the right time. They got a scare from SRH winning by 4 runs, but Chahar demolished the top order. They had the fortune of Vinay Kumar bowling the last over, giving them victory :p. With these victories, CSK look like a very good side. It looks like they've got all their bases covered. Everybody has at least fired once with a useful innings or a good bowling display.

This is in stark contrast to SRH, where only the brilliance of the bowlers brought victories. It's fair to say SRH were also lucky with defending very low scores of 120 and 130. This can't go on for so long. There's going to be a point where the team will be shot down from the high ground they occupy and there's enough time for anybody to take their place if this middle order issue is not solved. Likely CSK or KXIP will claim the trophy, though it might be to early to say if SRH and the other team make a strong comeback.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
Welcome to MC land. :D :p In the era of Virat Kohli, what else do you expect?
I dunno whether you are serious or joking but it's highly unfair to blame everyone else's behaviour on Kohli. Everything comes down to individual.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
SRH are barking mad to not be playing Hooda. Time to get him in for Pathan and Hales for Nabi.

Hales
Dhawan
Williamson
Pandey
Shakib
Hooda
Saha
Rashid
Sandeep
Bhuvi
Kaul

I personally feel SRH should take a foreign WK/Batsman for Stanlake. Saha is absolutely useless in T20. Latham/Bairstow/Mushfiqur are all good options.. I don't like the guy but I'd take Mushfiq. It would allow me to put Williamson top to control the innings and give some spunk to the middle order. It also allows me to play Pathan at 7 thus lengthening the batting.
Absolutely agree with this. Originally, Saha looked like a decent WK option with his proven success and his stellar wicket keeping, but he's a proven failure in all 7 matches that SRH have played in. Pathan has done a slightly below par job, more was expected from him being a senior guy. I like the inclusion of Latham, he's severely underrated and would be great batting at 5. Bairstow would pair well with Dhawan if he's picked or he can bat at 4 as well. With Saha not scoring at all, it's high time to drop him and SRH need to get either Latham or Bairstow.

Of either is picked, I'd be willing to also drop Pandey. He's scored two fifties, but both slow innings and several times being dropped. I would want to also experiment with Hooda at 5, he's too good to be left out and his potential is wasted playing him at 6 or 7.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Wow. Impressed with Shaw. I thought he will never fit in T20 cricket but he played very well today and proved me wrong. I hope Gill gets more chances in the top order too.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
I have to eat my own words here! This innings was pure masterclass from Shreyas Iyer. Absolute carnage!
He's a Mumbaikar, and we Mumbaikars are fighters and learners.

*and always better than Punekars*

;)

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
What a knock by Iyer!

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Shaw and Iyer were brilliant with the bat. KKR has a huge total to chase with 4 wickets already down.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I dunno whether you are serious or joking but it's highly unfair to blame everyone else's behaviour on Kohli. Everything comes down to individual.

When the captain of your nation's cricket team (in a country where the captain is looked like a boss) conducts himself a certain way, it subliminally influences the players of that generation/time and makes them think that it's cool to do the same. And if this is considered a blame on Kohli from my side, so be it. I have always hated him for his use of abusive language on the field (whether he is triggered to use it or not).

----
Looks like Rayudu's exploits have hit the right people. Indian selectors have certainly noticed the way he has batted

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...rth-for-england-tour/articleshow/63925513.cms

I think this is a third coming from him. In this tournament, he has looked far more relaxed and free flowing than he ever has been. The fact that he can come out at any position and set the runs blazing is a huge plus for him. In fact, his CSK mate Raina should start worrying now because with Rayudu in the race, Raina's chances of making that squad for the World Cup next year just got a lot more tougher.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Big win for Delhi! Just what they needed to revive their campaign. And it helps big time that the captain led from the front with a brilliant innings. Fair on all those who think this could be a major revival for Delhi in this tournament. Lets see how they go from here.

-----
A guy on Cricinfo says

Cricinfo Commentary said:
Bhavik B: "May be its time, that BCCI does something about the over aggression shown by the young Indian bowlers specially against the foreign players. It leaves a bad impression on the minds of young fans as well

The BCCI will have to start from the Indian captain, then! :rolleyes

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
@SaiSrini Everyone cannot always be how we want them to be. I'm also a Dhoni fan and much prefer his style but I was also a huge Ganguly fan. I felt he had the perfect blend of not being too cool and not being too hot. Kohli and Dhoni are both extremes.

I have come to terms with Kohli on field and actually loathe people who criticise him for his wife being a celebrity and all the other baggage he gets in our country for no rhyme or reason. What completely triggers me is when people bring up statistics of his captaincy records. He's a god awful captain and deserves no credit for India's success. Same for his personal security head Ravi Shastri.

That Mayanti Langer calling Kohli "Captain Fearless" also makes me want to puke!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
@SaiSrini Everyone cannot always be how we want them to be. I'm also a Dhoni fan and much prefer his style but I was also a huge Ganguly fan. I felt he had the perfect blend of not being too cool and not being too hot. Kohli and Dhoni are both extremes.

I have come to terms with Kohli on field and actually loathe people who criticise him for his wife being a celebrity and all the other baggage he gets in our country for no rhyme or reason. What completely triggers me is when people bring up statistics of his captaincy records. He's a god awful captain and deserves no credit for India's success. Same for his personal security head Ravi Shastri.

That Mayanti Langer calling Kohli "Captain Fearless" also makes me want to puke!

I am not asking Kohli to be how 'I want him to be'. But well within my rights to not like him for his behavior and his silly antics on the field. For me, the captain has to lead by example. Dhoni excelled in that aspect. And Ganguly did not unnecessarily blow his head off as often as Kohli does.

My strong belief is that, when the captain behaves a certain way, it indirectly influences players of his generation to have the freedom to act out in a similar way (even though that 'said' way is not good). I have been a strong vocal critic of how many young players in recent times mouth expletives (especially the MC BC ones) so casually even at opponent players who did not trigger them.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I am not asking Kohli to be how 'I want him to be'. But well within my rights to not like him for his behavior and his silly antics on the field. For me, the captain has to lead by example. Dhoni excelled in that aspect. And Ganguly did not unnecessarily blow his head off as often as Kohli does.

My strong belief is that, when the captain behaves a certain way, it indirectly influences players of his generation to have the freedom to act out in a similar way (even though that 'said' way is not good). I have been a strong vocal critic of how many young players in recent times mouth expletives (especially the MC BC ones) so casually even at opponent players who did not trigger them.

I'm not condoning the behaviour. Just saying that holding Kohli ransom for everyone's misbehaviour is harsh. There's no doubt it brings a bad name to the country but his batting makes up for it. And if the youngsters want to emulate someone else's personality then for me they're already half finished. You have to be yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread