NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
It seems like Morgan has actually forgotten how to bat.
Post automatically merged:

What about me? I had the best Lalit post of this thread.
How did I forget you? Damn me! Still reeling from KKR's loss! Excuse my ignorance :p

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well finally we have an end to this tournament. Amazing comeback from KKR to make it to the final, they should be proud of the way they bounced back in that second leg. Wanted KKR to win today, but the only thing they didn't sort out was their inconsistent middle order.

It was Watson in 2018, now Faf in 2021. Faf played a brilliant knock today and Moeen finally clicked. Great comeback from CSK after the disappointment of not qualifying last year. Really changed up their batting tempo completely, and Moeen Ali was a fantastic buy to add to that aggressive batting approach. With this win, it looks like it's time for Dhoni to end his playing career for CSK on a high note.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Time to brag-

I'd said last year that this team was missing two important ingredients with Harbhajan and Raina leaving and all it needed was just a couple of jigsaws to fall in place. Enter Moeen Ali and the call on Ruturaj as the find at the end of last year and here we are.

Never count CSK out. India Cements know how to run cricket teams. People and stat gurus will say MI is the most successful but they won two finals by 1 run and one against CSK. This is the best cricket franchise in the world.

@SaiSrini pass on those pints. What a farewell to the greatest legend of Indian cricket!!

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
CSK just keep doing this with teams which are generally weaker on paper than their peers. But they (a) understand the crucial importance of role awareness and (b) how to get the best out of often relatively mediocre players

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
CHAM21ONS!!!!! What a franchise!! What a team!! What a Leader!!! Absolutely incredible feeling!!!!

I couldn't just believe what I saw from the time Uthappa entered and all our batters, including the absolute legend FAF, started smoking it around! It did seem like dew was playing a big part, but the way CSK batted, they took dew out of the equation completely.

I would've loved to chat while the game was on, but CSK games are so intense that its tough!!! @LiveLoveABD - I would love to get your address and send you some pints, man!!! Well played by KKR - they looked really good until that meltdown that happened after Venkatesh Iyer got out!!!

Not sure where MS Dhoni, Suresh Raina, Ambati Rayudu and Dwayne Bravo are going to be after this, as it is very unlikely that they could be playing together again for CSK. A mighty joyous farewell to them. They've been the backbone of CSK's celebrated IPL history!!!

Thank you @wasteyouryouth , @NILAYSHAH60 , @Bigby Wolf , @SaiSrini for some great conversations here.. see you back at the IPL in few months after the 2 new teams have been announced.

Thank you bro!!! Extremely well played for KKR to come back from 2/7 wins in the first half to qualifying, winning playoff games to make the finals. Being 4th and making the finals is very hard due to back to back knockouts and KKR almost pulled it off!

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
All us normal mortals are now supposed to scratch our heads till the auctions whether MS is carrying on or not. MS will not opt to be reinstated. He knows he can't cost CSK 15-20% of the purse. The money is irrelevant so when people say he doesn't deserve 15 crores, the money to us fans should be irrelevant. It's the % of the purse it costs the franchise making the squad which really hurts. Dead certain the other team from the south will spend 15-20% of their purse on a certain player and ex captain and make another treacherous squad for another cycle. May god have a heart for my sake and see AB go anywhere else. Yellow would be the dream!

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Tell you the difference between a great captain and someone who just operates based on what the computer says was on full display today-

The game turned via Bravo's 2 overs when he doesn't usually bowl. Typical MS, reading the game and trusting his instinct. Shardul then just did what he does best. He's a hyena if you ask me whereby someone else makes the kill and he has a feast.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Team environment and backing have repeatedly been shown to triumph day in, day out over all these analytics, match ups, etc. Both Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings keep getting all these praises for the team environment and the player backing and lead this league with the trophy wins!! Yet I find it perplexing that some teams just dont take cues from it and address their root issues. You see now how a KL Rahul is said to be parting ways with the franchise that he led for 2 years (Ashwin was let go after 2 years of captaincy too). Do these franchises not really get it or what? Sorry I am not trying to pick on other franchises, but just noting that the gulf between the top 2 teams (MI and CSK) and the rest seems pretty huge.

"Still not left behind" - the word that came with a roar!! He talked all about building a new core for the next 10 years and a team that will build on the good work that the previous group has built so far, and yet, he threw in that phrase in the end when Harsha Bhogle was almost reading the ending credits on MSD's cricketing career :D

All us normal mortals are now supposed to scratch our heads till the auctions whether MS is carrying on or not. MS will not opt to be reinstated. He knows he can't cost CSK 15-20% of the purse. The money is irrelevant so when people say he doesn't deserve 15 crores, the money to us fans should be irrelevant. It's the % of the purse it costs the franchise making the squad which really hurts. Dead certain the other team from the south will spend 15-20% of their purse on a certain player and ex captain and make another treacherous squad for another cycle. May god have a heart for my sake and see AB go anywhere else. Yellow would be the dream!

From what I read of unofficial reports, 4 retentions for existing teams and the two new teams getting to pre-select 2-3 players from the auction pool is something thats being discussed on a decently serious level. If this is true, I do see CSK retaining MSD as the 4th pick (with Ruturaj and Jadeja as the 2 other Indian picks). Most likely, Sam Curran might be the lone overseas pick (since the report says only a max of 3 Indians can be retained). I do feel MSD might opt to give captaincy to someone else and play for CSK as a mentor-player and bow out after 2022.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
I do feel MSD might opt to give captaincy to someone else and play for CSK as a mentor-player and bow out after 2022.
It feels like Gaikwad will be the skipper after Dhoni says he's had enough - but not before.

Assuming three retentions and two RTMs, I'd expect them to look to keep Dhoni, Jadeja, Gaikwad, Curran (RTM) and Bravo (RTM). Don't know if RTMs are planned for the coming auction or not though

Users who are viewing this thread