Indian Premier League - General Discussion

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Looks like the rumors have moved in the past few weeks heavily, about Jadeja staying back with CSK! Makes sense from a CSK perspective since its hard to replace players like him, but I've sorta lost a bit of respect for him with the way he handled the entire show. Lets see what happens. I hope they dont cave in and give him back captaincy. He should never be approached again for captaincy (if he stays(
On the contrary, I have lost respect for CSK in terms of how they handled the Jadeja situation. CSK themselves, were to blame for not having a proper succession plan in place. They kept on riding with Dhoni (still do) without an inkling as to who will eventually take over. Even in the auctions, not going for a few players back-fired. Faf was the ideal person to take over or even Raina, but the management chose not to trust them

The brand is so synonymous with MSD ,that the day he retires, CSK will struggle to remain afloat.

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Starc hasn’t played in years and it’s clear that his lack of T20s in general has affected his form for Australia internationally. KKR will be pleased though, no wonder they wanted Lockie in.
I personally feel it's a huge blow for Cummins. He could have become the 17th captain for KKR the next season in the span of last 3 years. Huge opportunity missed.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
KKR buys Shardul Thakur, Lockie Ferguson and Rahmanullah Gurbaz via trade. Are they even planning to attend auction or what? :lol

Will be interesting to see what CSK does with Bravo and Rayudu. Honestly both should be released, but mini-auction dynamics will mean that their value could be inflated and getting allrounders and an Indian batter could be very tricky. As of now, the more or less confirmed releases of CSK are Chris Jordan, Adam Milne, Mitchell Santner and N Jagadeesan. I am guessing CSK has Dinesh Bana on their sights, seeing how they've released Jagadeesan. I hope CSK gets Bana. We need a finisher rather than a top order batter

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Can anyone remind me on the whereabouts of 3D Shankar? Is he a part of Gujarat or Hyderabad? And just to open a Pandora's box, what do you guys think will happen to him? Retained or traded or dropped altogether?

I personally feel it's a huge blow for Cummins. He could have become the 17th captain for KKR the next season in the span of last 3 years. Huge opportunity missed.

Nah, Iyer is here to stay man! The moves with Shardul are a sign of a long term engagement with Shreyas. He is building a mini-Mumbai T20 team there. Factor in Abhishek Nayyar and you have the answer.

KKR wouldn't have gone for Cummins as captain anyway. Furthermore, don't think Cummins stands to lose on anything. Given his recent interviews, seems he would happily play as a player and not burden himself with captaincy (after being named as Aussie ODI captain)

KKR buys Shardul Thakur, Lockie Ferguson and Rahmanullah Gurbaz via trade. Are they even planning to attend auction or what? :lol

The team dynamics look good here. Understand it is an a cash deal, but I think the actual valuation of Lockie and Shardul is less than last year's final bid price.
As of now, the more or less confirmed releases of CSK are Chris Jordan, Adam Milne, Mitchell Santner and N Jagadeesan. I am guessing CSK has Dinesh Bana on their sights, seeing how they've released Jagadeesan. I hope CSK gets Bana. We need a finisher rather than a top order batter
I'd be happy for N Jagadeeshan and can only hope he gets picked up by a franchise willing to play him. Ditto with the others you have mentioned as CSK rarely played these persons.

Adding Dinesh Bana isn't a good choice. He will not get an audition and India won't have a chance to look at him. Bana and emerging players should be as far away from CSK as possible. Case in point, Rajvardhan Hangargekar, hasn't been played since they picked him up. In the past too,CSK has been guilty of doing this with talent like Baba Aparajith.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Adding Dinesh Bana isn't a good choice. He will not get an audition and India won't have a chance to look at him. Bana and emerging players should be as far away from CSK as possible. Case in point, Rajvardhan Hangargekar, hasn't been played since they picked him up. In the past too,CSK has been guilty of doing this with talent like Baba Aparajith.

I disagree. Bana is likely to get better chances in CSK now than ever. I understand the CSK history of not playing promising youngsters because they love stability and experience. But it’s a side in transition now and it’s going to happen for quite some time.

Jagadeesan was not tried enough because he was an opener and not enforcer outside power play. CSK had Watson-Faf, then Rutu-Faf, etc. Bana is a lower order posted, a skill CSK needs now as they prepare for a Dhoni farewell. Also just picked for CSK and Dhoni team will give bana the limelight boost for his India prospects. I’m confident they’ll play bana in 2024 if he’s picked by CSK in mini auction. Most importantly, Bana has already been part of CSK nets in the last 2 seasons.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I’m confident they’ll play bana in 2024 if he’s picked by CSK in mini auction. Most importantly, Bana has already been part of CSK nets in the last 2 seasons.
So basically they have him in the nets since the last 2 years and want to pick him in this year's auctions only to play him in 2024?

Doesn't make sense Sai. Even I were to agree on the Jagadeeshan point, that poses another question over Hangargekar. Bana's career would be risked if he were to get into CSK

Verified Enigma

Champions League Winner
Avengers
One more exit from KKR. No wonder they were so active in the trading window.

Screenshot_20221115-125801.jpg

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Billings' exit and Gurbaz induction makes sense now!

On the other hand, the current Nehra-led champions seem to have let go of their lone keeper Matthew Wade. Wonder what they will do now. Bana could be on the radar here and I'd be happy for him to head to GT.

Also, various reports from Twitter stating the below releases, not sure how true they are:

MI- Pollard
LSG- Pandey
SRH- Williamson, Pooran, Samad
RR- Ashwin, Rassie

Verified Enigma

Champions League Winner
Avengers
Thank you Polly for all the entertainment over the years... MI Legend.

images

images

images

images

images

images

images

images

Users who are viewing this thread