Indian Premier League - General Discussion

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Congratulations to Mumbai Indians!! When Vijay Shankar bats like this, you know that RCB is done and dusted!!! And at a crucial time, they have changed the ball giving it more pace for the batsmen!

No LSG vs RCB encounter!! Chepauk should favor LSG, but I think MI from here on could take it over irrespective of the pitch. Must be a cracker, the Playoffs!!

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I feel so numb about T20 centuries now. Is it just me or have they been happening more and more often?

Kohli's was a serious innings.
Post automatically merged:

Congratulations to Mumbai Indians!! When Vijay Shankar bats like this, you know that RCB is done and dusted!!! And at a crucial time, they have changed the ball giving it more pace for the batsmen!

Nasser Hussain Natwest final knock. Pure class. I knew this would happen.

B

Bigby Wolf

GT batting line-up is way too strong.

Need something special here if RCB are to qualify.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Kohli's century reminiscent of a couple of innings from Babar recently; where someone comes along in the second innings and does it better (and most importantly, quicker).

Gill was playing a game with his team in a position where they would finish 1st no matter what with 9 wickets in hand for most of the innings while Kohli was playing a KO game with all kinds of nonsense happening at the other end. Obsession with SR on this forum in mind boggling. Both were fantastic knocks on a road but considering the circumstances, Kohli's innings was a throwback to his regal best.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
The legacy continues....

#NextYearCupNamde

I keep saying it. It all goes back to that auction table. People like Hasaranga, Harshal are all good cricketers but when you have two of them taking 20% of your purse, it's just bad buys. People don't want to admit it, but CSK wins trophies because of purchases like Conway @ 1Cr. or a Du Plessis at 50L. That is where you win trophies. RCB has some absolute pearls in Wiley, Bracewell and Patidar but they simply need to be smarter on the auction table. They had a grand 20 crores on the bench today with Hoff and Hasaranga.

EDIT- One more thing- If RCB is serious about winning this thing then they need to do something about the pitch at Chinnaswamy. They travel well but they just get thrashed at home. Put something in it for the quick bowlers. Their batting is good enough to handle it.

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
I keep saying it. It all goes back to that auction table. People like Hasaranga, Harshal are all good cricketers but when you have two of them taking 20% of your purse, it's just bad buys. People don't want to admit it, but CSK wins trophies because of purchases like Conway @ 1Cr. or a Du Plessis at 50L. That is where you win trophies. RCB has some absolute pearls in Wiley, Bracewell and Patidar but they simply need to be smarter on the auction table. They had a grand 20 crores on the bench today with Hoff and Hasaranga.

EDIT- One more thing- If RCB is serious about winning this thing then they need to do something about the pitch at Chinnaswamy. They travel well but they just get thrashed at home. Put something in it for the quick bowlers. Their batting is good enough to handle it.
RCB needs to scout well. They struggle with middle order and lower order batting. May be find some prodigies in the middle order and groom them well for two three season. Do the same for few uncapped local bowlers. Scouting is as important as singing star players.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Gill was playing a game with his team in a position where they would finish 1st no matter what with 9 wickets in hand for most of the innings while Kohli was playing a KO game with all kinds of nonsense happening at the other end. Obsession with SR on this forum in mind boggling. Both were fantastic knocks on a road but considering the circumstances, Kohli's innings was a throwback to his regal best.
A regal century in a losing cause.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
RCB needs to scout well. They struggle with middle order and lower order batting. May be find some prodigies in the middle order and groom them well for two three season. Do the same for few uncapped local bowlers. Scouting is as important as singing star players.

You need a purse to buy that. They have a nasty habit of bombing their purse on 2-3 players.

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

The last time they did it, we got a certain legend.

I don’t think they’re as poor at player development as a few other IPL sides and since Hesson has come in they’ve been a decent outfit despite what results have said. It may just come down to scouting and getting bargains wherever possible in the end. The margins are even finer now with just four spots for ten teams.

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

I saw reports of Hasaranga being unfit which is why he was taken out, Hazlewood is definitely not fully fit. I’ve long said that Hasaranga has been misused by RCB with the bat, paying that much money for him was obviously because they saw him originally as an all-rounder. He needs to bat higher when he plays, he’s shown his capabilities for Sri Lanka when he does so.

Looking at the RCB squad from outside, I see that they’ve got a lot of money locked in Kaul fot one. Releasing him, DK and Rawat should get around 16 crores back which is quite a significant sum of money. Jacks could always be released to retain Bracewell to save even more money but I do think Jacks is a very talented bloke who deserves a chance.

Chinnaswamy might be the biggest weakness of this RCB team at the end. They either need to find out which bowlers still thrive in that environment (like Chahal) and overpay for them or else figure out an alternative. I think they had conditions that suited bowling more than batting in 2017 and it wasn’t pretty back then for them.

Users who are viewing this thread