Story India's long Journey to the Top.:Lankans of the a flyer:.

Who will win the Asia Cup 2008

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

saladguy

PCPL Season 2: Outstanding Performer (Division 2)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Great win for India! :D

I really like your presentation! KUTGW! :D

formula1man

International Cricketer
superb, superb, superb, thats why you have a story stickied in this forum coz its brilliant.
Nice win by India, just a question, i saw in that photo and some other scorecards through the time and realised Dravid used to keep, why?

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
superb, superb, superb, thats why you have a story stickied in this forum coz its brilliant.
Nice win by India, just a question, i saw in that photo and some other scorecards through the time and realised Dravid used to keep, why?

Yeah Dravid was used by the Indians during 2003-2004 as Dhoni hadnt come and Parthiv Patel wasnt Mature enough

Thanks guys for some wonderful comments will update today :happy

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Presentation Ceremony with Ravi Shastri

Ravi Shastri : Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to the presentation ceremony of the 2nd ODI from the Kitply Cup 2008 . We saw a great game today played by two of the world's best teams in the right spirit . But at the end India overpowered Pakistan by 139 runs . I would like to call up the losing captain Shoaib Malik to have a chat . Shoaib Malik a very bad loss , what went wrong today ?

Shoaib Malik : Yeah , we didnt play good cricket , our bowlers did get early wickets and then it really affected us later . While batting we lost 4 quick wickets which turned the match completely .

Ravi Shastri : What made you and the team management go with one extra batsmen replacing an bowler ?

Shoaib Malik : We knew that they(India) would put up a large total to chase and so we thought Fawad Alam is a good bowler who can bat also we decided to give him a game so that it will add some more depth in the batting .

Ravi Shastri : Ok , thanks Shoaib Malik and good luck for the next match . Now ladies and gentlemen put your hands together for the Man of the Match who is chosen by the commentators . He is Yusuf Pathan he played a brilliant knock of 80 in 78 balls which set the platform for the India . Yusuf you must be delighted to me the Man of the Match on your debut .

photo.cms

Yusuf Pathan : Yeah , I am very happy today . I would like thank God for giving this chance .

Ravi Shastri : Were you feeling pressure when you went out their to bat and how did you cope with it ?

Yusuf Pathan : Yeah , there was a lot of pressure when I went to bat . I was very nervous but I just concentrated on the ball and slowly as I got runs it went away . The pitch was really good for batting and the ball came nicely onto the bat .

Ravi Shastri : Thanks a lot Yusuf Pathan and good luck for the game against Bangaldesh . Now ladies and gentlemen the winning captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni . MS your team completely dominated the game how do you feel about it ?

MS Dhoni : Yeah , we played some great cricket today , Gauti and Viru gave us a good start and then Yusuf and Rohit showed their true class with their brilliant partnership . At the end Irfan scored some very important runs which help us reach 315 . While bowling Irfan and Sree got some quick wickets and that put on a lot of pressure on them . And then Piyush just got the wickets which destroyed them completely . So it was a complete team effort .

Ravi Shastri : If you have chose a hero other than the Man of the MAtch the who would it be ?

MS Dhoni : Well , you cant chose a hero , all chipped in with some contribution and that helped us in winning the match .

Ravi Shastri : Thanks MS , and good luck against Bangladesh . Thats all ladies and gentlemen from the presentation ceremony , good bye .

Pakistani Army

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Brilliant presentation ceromony Shan. It was detailed and just overall brilliant. Yusuf Pathan deserved the Man Of The Match award to be honest. Great works Shan. Keep it up!

gamerkid22

National Board President
Very detailed presentation ceremony Shantanu:clap. Yusuf Pathan deserved the MOTM award as scoring 80 runs of just 78 balls on debut is remarkable.

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors

9jhdlj.jpg

Banner.jpg

Harsha Bhogle : Welcome to extra innings with me in the studio I have Rameez Raja . Todays match in between young and in form India vs the host Bangladesh . Rameez do you think the way Bangladesh played last match vs Pakistan and then Pakistan played against India , is this match gonna be an easy one for the Indians ?

Rameez Raja : Yes , Harsha this match will be just like the poractice match for the Indians but they should not under estimate them as they have stun many world class teams .

Harsha Bhogle : Do you think Dhoni will rest some key players today for the final ?

Rameez Raja : That wont be a bad choice to give rest to some key players and play some new lads .

Harsha Bhogle : Ok , Lets now go down to Ian Botham for the pitch report .

Ian Botham : Thanks Harsha , this is the same pitch where the last two matches were play . But today the pitch has a lot of moisture on it due to heavy rains last night . This pitch will have very low bounce which will make the batsmen very difficult to play their shots . The outfield is wet and and so the ball will not race down for four easily . There will be some turn for the spinners . So I think its a good toss to lose . Back to the studio .

pitchreport.jpg

Harsha Bhogle : Yes , as Ian said there was a lot of rainfall yesterday so lets see who win the toss . Lets go down to Ravi Shashtri who has the 2 captain .

Ravi Shastri : Thanks Harsha and welcome to the 3rd ODI of the Kitply cup between Bangladesh and India . Ashraful has the coin .

MS Dhoni : Tails

Ravi Shastri : It is tails ! what do you want to do MS ?

MS Dhoni : We will have a bowl first . The pitch looks wet and so batting will be very difficult today so bowling will be a good choice .

Ravi Shastri : Any changes from the last game ?

MS Dhoni : Yeah there are quite few changes . Goni come in to make his debut instead of Sreesanth , RP Singh comes in for Ishant , Ojha makes his debut and replaces Sehwag and Raina will come in place of Uthappa .

Ravi Shastri : Many changes there good luck for the match . Ashraful how will you be approaching this game as ?

Mohd Ashraful : Yeah we will try to upset then as we did in the World Cup and we have a good young side to that .

Ravi Shastri : Any changes in the side ?

Mohd Ashraful : Yes , Alok Kapali plays for Aftab Ahmed .

Ravi Shastri : Thanks a lot Ashraful and good luck . So the news from here is the MS Dhoni won the toss and the Indians will be bowling first .

Hasrha Bhogle : Thats a fair decision by MS Dhoni . Lets have a look at the two lineups .

Bangladesh : Junaid Siddique , Shahriar Nafees , Tamin Iqbal , Mohd Ashraful(c) , Nazimuddin , Alok Kapali , Mushfiqur Rahim(wk) , Shahadat Hossain , Mashrafe Mortaza , Abdur Razzak , Dolar Mahmud

India : Gautam Gambhir , Irfan Pathan , Yusuf Pathan , Rohit Sharma , Yuvraj Singh , Suresh Raina , MS Dhoni(c)(wk) , Manpreet Gony , Piyush Chawla , Pragyan Okja , RP Singh

Harsha Bhogle : Indians have made several changes would you call it as a gamble Rameez ?

Rameez Raja : Not at all , Harsha they all are some quality changes . Goni has played well in the IPL , Ojha too performed well and RP Singh is one of the best bowler India have at the moment and Suresh Raina also proved he is a great player so this a good opportunity to get your place in the starting XI back . So I feel India will win it comfortably .

Harsha Bhogle : Thanks Rameez , but stay tuned all of you because after the break we have liver coverage .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread