India's Tour of South Africa Dec 21 - Jan 22

Radical thought! What if we open with Pant? He did that during U19 and can be as destructive as Sehwag. What say?
No.

Radical thought! What if we open with Pant? He did that during U19 and can be as destructive as Sehwag. What say?
Well he did open in u19 WC in 2016 alongside Ishan Kishan.

But yeah big no because we already have a plethora of openers and we need strong middle and Lower in all three formats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Once again that was a poor shot from Pant. He has so much talent, we already know he is a match winner and was one of the biggest reason we won down under, he also got settled in today but that shot! Damn Pant!

Kohli not getting to 100 this inning as well! DAMN IT!!!! Yet another 200 run drubbing coming!

I fear for the world if and when Gerald Coetzee makes the step-up. He is supposed to be even better than Marco Jansen!

Unless we get a keeper who can bat in whites, it's a no.

Unless we get a keeper who can bat in whites, it's a no.

KS Bharat can be an adequate option, but even then the answer is no. We've already got four openners who have all somehow got gametime because of injuries. All four of them have shown that they deserve to start. Imagine throwing Pant ahead of them.

Pant is fine in the middle-order. All he needs is a bit of discussion around his shot selection and some experience which will come with time.

Even in his worst time, Kohli averages 30.
Post automatically merged:

I am really pissed of right now. This was the inning Kohli would have gotten that century! He needs that to get out of this mental cloud. DAMN YOU INDIAN batters. You failed him! Kohli should just go in full on crazy mode to get the remaining 22 runs. I do not see Shami or Yadav hanging around!

Couldn't have done anything else over there does Kohli with tail batting around him. Another high class innings from the King!!! But this one is special because it has come after a while!

Users who are viewing this thread