Iniyan's Progress

S

Simon_pope

Hello. I had been to the match, but had to return as it is extremely hot out here. Looks like we would get fried out there in the centre :lol:. When I left, Pondicherry were 218/0 in 42 overs. Both the openers had scored centuries. Tell you what, I started wondering if it was a three-dayer or an one-dayer. At one stage, they were going at 8 runs per over :o. The other opener, Ravinder, was absolutely brilliant to watch, improvising and stuff. Iniyan was good, but there are two shots which I will remember for quite some time, sixes off consecutive deliveries which got him to his half-century. The first one he smashed a quickie over point for six with a square drive. The very next delivery came an absolutely marvelous shot. He just lofted the bowler over extra-cover and it went out of the stadium. :huh: The shot was just like, what to say, the way people practice shots - looks slow and lazy.

R

rasi

I did not know there was someone from our forums in the crowd. I had a wonderful match. I got out on 148, playing one onto the leg stump. I had a scare in the third over of the match. The second ball I received a beamer flying past my nose and the very next delivery, I got a wonderful inswinging yorker. I lost sight of the ball and luckily the ball missed the leg stump, only by a whisker. Luck was my birthday gift today.

You know what, the first nine overs of the match were maiden overs and suddenly, our captain opened his shoulders and smashed four boundaries in the tenth over. I had a point to prove, for I was included at the expense of another good batsman, and I hope I did it with style. :thumbs:

We were 381/5 at close of play. ( Ravinder 151, Iniyan 148)

If we could get a first innings lead over J&K and the match ends in a draw, we will qualify for the next round. In all probablity, we would.

R

rasi

Originally posted by Simon_pope+Sep 25 2003, 01:54 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Simon_pope @ Sep 25 2003, 01:54 PM)</div>
Iniyan was good, but there are two shots which I will remember for quite some time, sixes off consecutive deliveries which got him to his half-century. The first one he smashed a quickie over point for six with a square drive. The very next delivery came an? absolutely marvelous shot. He just lofted the bowler over extra-cover and it went out of the stadium. :huh: The shot was just like, what to say, the way people practice shots - looks slow and lazy. [/b]

I smashed the first six. I had a tussle with the bowler and frankly, I did not expect the second one to go for a six, but it went over the stands :lol:. Just came down the track and chipped it over extra-cover.

<!--QuoteBegin-Simon_pope
@Sep 25 2003, 01:54 PM
The other opener, Ravinder, was absolutely brilliant to watch, improvising and stuff.

He certainly is. He is the best batsman in our state. What more, he is an outstanding 'Keeper. Lucky we are, aren't we? A 'Keeper who opens and is the best batsman. :cheer:

R

rasi

Another funny happening here. The umpire had to be substituted as me and our captain nearly killed him. He smashed one straight to me and I didn't have time to react. The ball hit the backside side of my bat and hit the umpire on his neck. :lol: Poor guy. I really felt sorry for him.

Sanju

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Sorry guys couldnt touch the forums as i was hospitalised for a week due to harmstring injury.Because i tried too ball to fast and sliped in the process of my runup and also twisted my ankle.And was dischared two three days back.

BTW iniyan i will diffinately come for the match which is going to be played in hyderabad.So that we can meet and i can get some coaching tips from u as i am also a left handed batsman,And hopefully i can increse my batting skills and get promoted to the state team. :D ;D: :bow:

R

rasi

Originally posted by Insha@Sep 25 2003, 07:00 PM
BTW iniyan i will diffinately come for the match which is going to be played in hyderabad.So that we can meet and i can get some coaching tips from u as i am also a left handed batsman,And hopefully i can increse my batting skills and get promoted to the state team. :D? ;D:? :bow:
As I said, we would be the happiest people if we can make it there.

And as for tips, you should meet our coach. Boy, he is one of the best. A gem of a gentleman and extremely talented. Credit goes to him for getting 15 boys of rival clubs (beleive me, the rivalry can be as much as Indo-Pak ) together into a team in just 10 days. :clap:

R

rasi

The photographer says he has got some snaps of us batting. Maybe, I will be able to post them tomorrow.

And guess, who will be facing the first ball tomorrow. Gobi, our 'best' nightwatchman - he who would n't touch the ball even if it is just two inches from the stumps. :lol: :lol:

N

Nirav85

happy bday ini and congrats..all this cricket talk makes me sad...because i dont get to see it and i probaly wot never be that good....well congrats and keep it up...

N

Nirav85

i love that name gobi...go gobi...everybody is rooitn for iniyan ...so i thought maybe u need a fan...woooooo GOBIIIIIIIIIIII....

Everybody looks at amir and says "Get him"...

Sounds of pucnhces landing....

R

rasi

He now has fans, girls atleast. He hit two sixes into the stand full of college girls and tell you what I heard the biggest cheer of my life when he bowled the batsman out, and beleive me, it was loudest at the stand full of college girls. :lol: But I won a competition within our team. We have this every time we play - highest number of sixes, I got four. B)

P.S I hit three sixes into the same stand which I talked about but it was yesterday and there was not a single person there. :angry: ^_^ ;) :sorry:

R

rasi

And, we declared at 461/6 ( Ravinder 151, Iniyan 148, Gobi 61 )
J&K 61/4 ( Gobi 3/13 )

N

Nirav85

hey iniyan y dont u just tell the girls u taught gobi and maybe they will like u... :D

Users who are viewing this thread