Story International Cricket League [C2005/BLIC2005]

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Thanks, I've fallen behind a bit whatwith Cricsim and another cricket project I'm working on, but don't worry.. I haven't given up yet!!

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Bond

Australia's tormentor returns
T01-01-bond.gif

Bilal91

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
ummm...whats the score than and how many wickets have fallen???byt the way great presentation carry on...

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
freshlimestumps.jpg

Freshlime Stumps: The Lemon's Latenight
Welcome, folks, to the final session of Freshlime for this first day in the first test match of the first series in the first ever International Cricket League! It's been a day of firsts, and we have seen 20 wickets fall in an amazing haul for the bowlers, today. That probably isn't a first, but it was exciting neck-to-neck stuff. We have a load of content planned out for you. Our experts will dissect to death this pitch that has baffled all batsmen, and we'll look at the people who made the difference. We will round up with a chat with Stephen Fleming, who won the toss today and elected to bat, and ended up with his side bowled out for 130-odd. Our guest experts today are Dean Jones and Mark Richardson.

THE LEMON Gentlemen, this test match has certainly gone through a lot of ups and downs--mostly downs for the batsmen--and we have ended up at a situation which we really wouldn't have expected.
DEANO Yes.
MARK Indeed.
THE LEMON Err... anything else?
DEANO Well, what can we say. It has been a pretty despicable performance from both teams. I think it would be easy to blame the pitch, but it was down to some horrid batting from both teams.
MARK The batsmen looked completely out of touch. I think I saw more edges today than balls hitting the middle of the bat. Not the kind of thing I want to see on TV with two top teams in the world competing.
THE LEMON Don't you think we're being just a little harsh?
DEANO Perhaps, but you'd really expect both sides to put in a little more effort and dig in.
MARK Batting wasn't difficult if you set your mind to it. Gilchrist played naturally and hit a fluent 40-odd before getting a toe-cruncher. Apart from him, all the batsmen looked like they were attacking or defending too much.
THE LEMON Let's just have a look at the scorecard to look at the final damage for the day's play.

scorecard.gif

THE LEMON If you just joined us and you're an Australian supporter, that isn't a pretty sight.
DEANO Not at all. With the exception of Gilchrist's 40 and Clarke's scratchy 19, only the extras succeeded in getting to double figures. What's even more worry is that the other 4 top-order batsmen averaged 5.5 balls out there. Not nearly enough time to get runs.
MARK All the same, one must give credit to Shane Bond. He utilized the conditions and Australia's lacklustre batting to his advantage. He kept it accurate, despite being hammered by Gilchrist in his second or third over, and ended up with a fantastic haul of 7/50.
THE LEMON Shane Bond was absolutely unplayable, in my opinion. He got the ball to bounce, keep low, move in the air, move off the pitch. The batsmen appeared clueless out there.
DEANO The Australian batting line-up has often succumbed to some high quality fast bowling, and Shane Bond was in form today. He would be looking at a 10 wicket haul, and would be hoping the Kiwi second innings give him an opportunity to go all out at the Aussie batting.
MARK Also important was Tuffey's role as the perfect counterfoil. It was attack at both ends and it was Tuffey who got the first two breakthroughs. He kept it tight and ensure there was pressure being built up.

THE LEMON Right, so we are running out of time because of a tight schedule. But any final words before we head in to the interview room with Stephen Fleming?
DEANO Australia would still fancy their chances in this test match. Their awesome bowling performance in the first innings has allowed them to get away slightly despite this pathetic batting display.
MARK New Zealand would have to think positively. If they can get off to a good start tomorrow morning, they could be looking at posting a decent total.
THE LEMON How much do you think would be a winning total on this pitch?
DEANO Well, it's difficult to imagine. We've only seen 1 day on this pitch. A few more sessions and we may actually see it ease down into a good batting surface. I'd say putting up 250-300 would be good enough, if Bond is in form.
MARK I'd have to agree with Dean. If we see this pitch remain the way it is, though, I'd be happy with having even 200-220 on the board and Bond to fire away.
THE LEMON Well, thank you for your thoughts, gentlemen. That is the end of Freshlime Stumps edition. Don't leave your armchairs, though, as we have a new featurette coming up: The Interview Room where we basically pick the brains of who we think was the most important tactician of the day. Today's guest is Stephen Fleming. Join us on the other side of this ad break!

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
wow!!! Thts beauty spell by Bond!!!! Well done Kiwis!!!:cheers

madmick96

Club Cricketer
yes just like i hoped south africa would stuff it the 5th ODI and Italy would stuff it in the World Cup

Users who are viewing this thread