Status
Not open for further replies.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I was trying to diffuse the tension created by Master Khans's post D:

Censored for sarcasm identification fail :|

untitledcopy.jpg

That explains the title for you :D And for those people who are slagging off Modi for this decision, I don't think he's deliberately not inviting the World Champions to compete in this tournament.

Last edited:

ballers101

Club Cricketer
It's not discrimination! It's business sense! These franchises are running a business and they don't want to waste money on a player that might not even play. It's better to spend money on a crap player who might do well than a good player who won't even play.

Is it unfortunate that the Pakistani players are not going to be a part of IPL2? Yes, but there's more to it than just that.

There is not Business involved in this dispute. IT IS ALL POLTICS! I will say this time and time again both, the Indians feel that they have absolutely no Terrorism in their country and if there are terriorists they are Pakistanis. Even though it has been proven that India has as much or more terriorists in their nation. They blame almost every single thing they can possibly think of on Pakistan. Okay I will agree with you that yes it was Pakistanis who were apart of the Mumbai attacks last year.

But listen those are what you call terriorists you cannot blame the whole nation because of a couple of terriorists in their nation. Here's a good example from Candian History. Canada had something similar to 9/11 happen to them. Where a plane had a bomb inside of it and over 300 people were killed many of them were CANADIAN citizens.

Why didn't Canada tell the US that India has "Terriorism" in its nation and they should stop the spread of it to India. Because the US not only has good relations with India but also their is again that Politics reason involved. Like I said before you cannot stop relations with Pakistan because of something of the past otherwise it will kill cricket as a whole.

There is no business involved if you asked Shahid Afridi to play in India for the IPL after his country got bombed by perchance an Indian. What do you think would he play or would he not play. He is getting paid money so I think he would play don't you think?

But nevertheless, I hate the IPL I don't care I just wanted to prove my point that these players not playing in the IPL is a political matter not a business matter whatsoever.

Amiya

Panel of Selectors
^^^
From where you have come to terrorism bro? Indian Government has nothing to do with this incident. If you want to blame, blame the Franchise.

srikarr12

Club Cricketer
ballers101 why dont you go start a political party and go prove point if you think everything in India revolves around politics.............

Insomniac

Title Recipient
It's not discrimination! It's business sense! These franchises are running a business and they don't want to waste money on a player that might not even play. It's better to spend money on a crap player who might do well than a good player who won't even play.

Is it unfortunate that the Pakistani players are not going to be a part of IPL2? Yes, but there's more to it than just that.
What a joke.

If India wanted them, visas are very easy to sort out.

That's no issue.

If there's a terrorist incident, all the players will head home, not just the Pakistanis.

But, it seems as though this has a massive political impact as Pakistan is cutting off all political ties with India in regard to this incident (or attempting to anyway).

The next few weeks and relations with India shall be interesting.

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
I agree with Modi mostly :eek:. I don't 'believe in him' or any of that crap, but there is a RISK involved in bidding for a Pakistani player. This is FACT, you cannot deny it. Let's say I own a franchise: Why would I bid for Afridi if there is even a 25% chance he'll be banned from playing by the government? If I buy Afridi I've missed out on the rest of the auction because I have no slots left. And if the Indian government announces next week that Pakistani players can't play, my purchase it wasted and I've bought nothing. I might get my money back, but that doesn't help my franchise on the field this year.

Think with your heads people :noway It's all about risk. This isn't monopoly money being thrown around. You don't make bids on players that mightn't be allowed to play. That is common sense, not racism or snubbing or whatever insult you want to invent.

Finally...... FINALLY this thread has a direction. I said the same things mentioned above 7 pages back. Glad those points are being reiterated.

Last edited:

Insomniac

Title Recipient
FYI, Pakistan's government allowed its players to play in the IPL, providing the necessary documentation.

India "say" they had no issue with the Pakistani players playing in the IPL.

Therefore, going by the official statements, Pakistani players would not have been banned by the government.

This is simply politics mixing in with sports, and it has greatly weakened diplomatic relations between Pakistan and India.

LongLegs?

Club Cricketer
I agree with Modi mostly :eek:. I don't 'believe in him' or any of that crap, but there is a RISK involved in bidding for a Pakistani player. This is FACT, you cannot deny it. Let's say I own a franchise: Why would I bid for Afridi if there is even a 25% chance he'll be banned from playing by the government? If I buy Afridi I've missed out on the rest of the auction because I have no slots left. And if the Indian government announces next week that Pakistani players can't play, my purchase it wasted and I've bought nothing. I might get my money back, but that doesn't help my franchise on the field this year.

Think with your heads people :noway It's all about risk. This isn't monopoly money being thrown around. You don't make bids on players that mightn't be allowed to play. That is common sense, not racism or snubbing or whatever insult you want to invent.

Referring to the bolded part - if that was the case, the Pakistani players shouldn't have been in the auction, period. If there's a slight chance players are not going to be available for the matches, then why put them in the auction and let them be ignored because of that slight percentage? If I was Afridi, I would be angry too. Bad move on the IPL on that front.

And, I saw someone comment on how fragile the India-Pakistan relationship is. This is only going to make it more fragile, not improve it whatsoever. The issue should've been cleared with the government before the auction took place - it's understandable that the government could change their mind later even if at first they did agree to allow Pakistani players to come to India. However, measures should be put in place to not allow that to happen. Any conflict, in the end, is not the fault of these players.

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
FYI, Pakistan's government allowed its players to play in the IPL, providing the necessary documentation.

India "say" they had no issue with the Pakistani players playing in the IPL.

Therefore, going by the official statements, Pakistani players would not have been banned by the government.

This is simply politics mixing in with sports, and it has greatly weakened diplomatic relations between Pakistan and India.

Its a BUSINESS decision taken by a private, commercial company !

If Bank Alfallah (assuming it is a Pakistani bank) sponsors a commercial tournament having private business houses as owners of teams and invites some Indian players but no one picks them due to the risk factor, it is NOT THE GOVERNMENT of Pakistan's fault. It would be termed a business decision.

Ditto with India. Trying to blame the non-picking of the Pakistani players on the Indian government and politics is ABSOLUTE RUBBISH!

It is something you already know. Why you choose not to accept it, is completely your prerogative.

We all know whats happened is WRONG. But blaming absolutely everything and everyone under the sun is not going to help us reach a solution.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
The Pakistani players, while disappointed haven't felt the need to turn it into something big. Supporters should do the same.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Its a BUSINESS decision taken by a private, commercial company !

If Bank Alfallah (assuming it is a Pakistani bank) sponsors a commercial tournament having private business houses as owners of teams and invites some Indian players but no one picks them due to the risk factor, it is NOT THE GOVERNMENT of Pakistan's fault. It would be termed a business decision.

Ditto with India. Trying to blame the non-picking of the Pakistani players on the Indian government and politics is ABSOLUTE RUBBISH!

It is something you already know. Why you choose not to accept it, is completely your prerogative.

We all know whats happened is WRONG. But blaming absolutely everything and everyone under the sun is not going to help us reach a solution.
My question to you, sir, is what is this risk factor you speak of? :)

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
My question to you, sir, is what is this risk factor you speak of? :)

Good sir, the risk factors are-

1. Player pull-outs at the last minute.
2. Potential backlash from Indian fans (you do know that not everyone in India is happy with your government's [in]action after 26/11, so why would a franchise buy a player if fans are divided in opinions about him)
3. Financial Security of the franchises.
4. Options available (even though not the best, they will atleast be there with none of problems stated from 1-3)
5. Their money, they spend it the way they like.

I didn't know IPL, a domestic league which is a 'joke' and where matches are fixed, meant so much. Oh yes, he did the Ultimate U-Turn just a week later - Pakistan not consulted over Champions League exclusion

And now, he's done it again - Massive contradictions

Contradiction, much?

Why should the Pakistani players be a part of such a grave sin? Why should puritan players from Pakistan be dragged into a filthy contest of this nature?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread