Limiting Piracy of Cricket Games

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm not talking about where it is, just the numbers are higher than I thought.

Paree

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Well if any games release in other countries then if it comes to india it will be very hefty price.But piracy is not the way!!
Now AC09 in india is 299 and affordable but no one is buying because its not new game. I think thats the Problem With India ??

Will DB14 be released in India ??
I suggest to make keyboard configs also as many of us dont have controller.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Just me confused by your geography?

South Africa is in Europe... Right? :-)

Wait, is that what you meant? I don't THINK South Africa is considered part of "the subcontinent". I always took that to mean India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka etc...

This may be me being horribly wrong.

Last edited:

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I think it may be time to dust off a Robert Croft quote:

"Pakistan's problem is that they have too many Chiefs and not enough Indians"

Works on so many levels...

Chief

Panel of Selectors
So... We've fixed all that then?

Does everyone promise never to ask about this again? :)

Mukesh29

School Cricketer
india has most cricket fans and lovers . this game will go crazy in india if it is playble with keyboard as most of the are pc users .

Come on ... sometimes u have to change... the keyboard isnt as fun compared to the controller. U just start playing with a controller and once u adapt to the controller i am sure that u will find gaming with keyboard isn't fun.

Now dont bitch about the controller and start practicing with one !!!

Paree

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Come on ... sometimes u have to change... the keyboard isnt as fun compared to the controller. U just start playing with a controller and once u adapt to the controller i am sure that u will find gaming with keyboard isn't fun.

Now dont bitch about the controller and start practicing with one !!!

How many can afford one of those ??

Ashes 2009 was released by crackers to a number of torrent sites within a week of its release.

^ truly shameful.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ashes 2009 was released by crackers to a number of torrent sites within a week of its release.

^ truly shameful.

I wish game developers/publishers themselves upload torrent versions of the game, except these versions would be poisoned pills crawling with viruses which utterly crash and destroy the systems they are installed on.

This way people would be wary of downloading pirated copies of the game and forced to go for the real thing.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Ross, my two cents worth of advice would be to sell it on major online gaming stores like Flipkart, GameXS.in, Gamesinc.in along with stores like Reliance Digital, Croma, Games The Shop and Game4U which have quite a few loyal customers. Price it not at a lower price as opposed to other markets. 3500-4000 INR would be just right according to me, for the console versions. Its a curious case, the Indian market.

While console gaming is considered a luxury, something like smartphones are`nt. India is now the third largest smartphone market (reports say its grew at a whopping 130% last year) and smartphones don`t come cheap either. Its got to do more with the perception according to me. While smartphones for some odd reason are`nt considered to be a luxury, paying for games is! Quite wierd to be honest and totally senseless. If there are enough people who can afford smartphones, it is`nt about affordability, its something thats wrong with the perception that has to change. You just have to get into any suburban train or a bus in any of India`s Tier I or even Tier II cities to realize that every other person is seen using some kind of a smartphone/tablet. It made me realize that the gaming market is facing a huge issue of how computer games and video games are perceived in India. Totally wrong and its time we stop living in denial saying, 'we can`t afford it and hence we are justified in pirating it'. Even leaving aside people who cannot afford it, there are plenty more who can and ought to buy legal copies. In terms of sheer numbers of people who can actually afford to buy console games, India would easily surpass the UK, NZ and Australia. That they do not buy them has nothing to do with them not being able to afford it.

Please do release it here though, you have to take that risk to build the BAC brand. Is there anything you have to share with us regarding making the Xbox version 'region free'? In that case I really do feel that there is a huge untapped market for cricket games in North America and the Gulf. The Indian (as also Pakistan/SL) market outside of the Indian subcontinent is what is untapped and could well be what makes the difference for cricket games. Just look at how much site traffic cricinfo gets, for example from North America. Its huge! The game if smartly sold could sell close to 25-50,000 units in those areas. The average income of an Indian expat in North America is higher than that of his American counterpart. I feel that population has been hugely undervalued by cricket game developers so far.

Ross, would you like to comment on that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread