London 2012 Olympics

cnbd_novice

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Edit: Does anyone understand exactly what Japan were whining about anyway, that cost us a silver?

My understanding from what the commentators said is that the initial score Uchimura got was on the basis that the judges did not believe he went into a handstand before his dismount - which meant his difficulty score suffered. The Japanese coaches then disputed that, and after the expert panel looked at his dismount numerous times - they decided that he did indeed shift his weight on to his second hand before coming off the pommel horse, bumping up the difficulty score.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
I was on the understanding he was deducted a 0.5 for not dismounting. Japan protested this because he did in fact land on both feet even if he fell off which bumped him back up.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Phelps is just one medal away from being the most 'decorated' player in Olympics history and he has quite a few events to go. If that does happen, which I'm sure it will, it will be a proud moment for Australia.

Not sure why Australia would be proud..?

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I'm really loathing this "Team GB" thing. when did this happen? can't we just go bact to being Great Britain/Britain/The UK, the last thing we need is another bloody synonym for the place and it sounds naff.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I'm really loathing this "Team GB" thing. when did this happen? can't we just go bact to being Great Britain/Britain/The UK, the last thing we need is another bloody synonym for the place and it sounds naff.

Yeah, I'd prefer just plain old 'Great Britain'.

Looks as though we've blown another Gold today in showjumping - could still get silver. Our own games, and we still haven't got a flippin' Gold in fact, I believe we're at the bottom of the second page of the medals list. :facepalm.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Britain is a nation of bottlers. I'm not really sure why anyone thought a home games would inspire more medals haha

Also team GB is ----. It's such an Americanism and I hate it.

Last edited:

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Not sure why Australia would be proud..?
Lol yeah. Phelps is American, Fenil. We couldn't give a rat's ass about him :p

Whoops! Shows I'm not that keen follower of men's swimming events as much as I'm of women's. :D By the way, one more medal will equal him as the most medal winner with Soviet gymnast Larisa Latynina. He has 5 more events to go.

Doodlesweaver

Club Cricketer
Pretty ---- way to wake up this morning. Aussies heavy favourites for the men's 4x100m freestyle, and failed miserably. Only team member I'd heard of is James Magnussen and he seems like a douche anyway.

Expectations are wonderful, aren't there? You can depend on the Aussie press to give the relay team a right kicking.:p no need to join in.

Favourites stuff up all the time in the Olympics, it is one of the true joys of the competition.

----------

Britain is a nation of bottlers. I'm not really sure why anyone thought a home games would inspire more medals haha

It sounds so corporation, that's what I hate about it. The Aussies are doing it too.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Yeah, the media had already given us gold, was just a matter of whether it would be in world record time or not :p I wasn't buying into that, but missing out completely was pretty unexpected, and Magnussen came off looking like a bit of a knob.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman

'A nation of bottlers'? I don't agree with that at all.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Really? I thought that was pretty much common knowledge. If we're expected to win something, we normally find a way to slip up. It's when there's no expectations that we actually do ok.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Did you see GB women vs Brazil tonight? Didn't see any bottlers there - the girls played some stuff that should make the overpaid England showponies hang their heads in shame!

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Really? I thought that was pretty much common knowledge. If we're expected to win something, we normally find a way to slip up. It's when there's no expectations that we actually do ok.

Dude, seriously, it's no fun taking the piss out of England and Britannia if you're gonna do it too :facepalm

I'm sure there's a gold just around the corner though. You've got the Scots and the log throwing, the Welsh and dragon chasing, Northern Ireland and .. no, that's not politically correct.. Maybe a non-sport like syncho swimming or diving will suit England's "athletes" :p

Users who are viewing this thread