Making bowling more enjoyable, seeing weather/pitch effects etc. - invitation to playtest

Sorry for the delay, finally shared the other team - England Rebels 1982 - there are a few linked players for England all time/80s, but shouldn't affect most people I guess...

Hey chaps. Sorry been in my recording studio all day. Its a hard life!

I played for an hour this morning on the adjusted settings , which I increased slightly from my previous playtests.

I had AUS 62 -5. They were 32-2, then bought on a spinner (Moeen) and he took 3 wickets in 4 balls. 1 to mid on, one ridiculous one off the pad that sort of dropped back onto middle stump, and one edged behind. Lots of plays and misses and I had 2 failed reviewed for close LBW's. Rogers still in and Haddin has steadied the ship slightly. On a very worn pitch (I had it on random) and clear skies. The humidity was 77% for the morning and 53% for the afternoon. Fast bowling got noticeably harder once (presumably) the humidity levels dropped.

I have lowered anticipation as a test to see what happens and I think it definitely decreases the quality of some shots. Mistimed shots are now quite frequent, although have not led to edges....yet.

Been continuing my game too... They have progressed to 138/3 off 43 overs. 2 wickets in that session, holing out to long-off (felt natural though as was to a spinner and batsman was getting bogged down) and outside edge to keeper.

Also had inside edge off the spinner that hit batsman's body and dropped short of the keeper.

Still feeling very good.

Would be nice to be able to call up whether forecast easily in game, @fiction [HASHTAG]#patch3request[/HASHTAG]

have also found having running speed and acceleration at the lowest possible level leads to much less examples of fielders running 90 metres for catches.

This is a big one for me, lowering it does not seem to have any detriment to the AI while they are batting but cuts out a lot of "impossible' catches while at the same time it gives human controlled running while batting a different but good feel as you generally have to use a combination of run/ accelerate to get those quick singles. These attributes don't need to be set at the minimum but I wouldn't go any higher than 3/4 increments above the minimum setting.

Been continuing my game too... They have progressed to 138/3 off 43 overs. 2 wickets in that session, holing out to long-off (felt natural though as was to a spinner and batsman was getting bogged down) and outside edge to keeper.

Also had inside edge off the spinner that hit batsman's body and dropped short of the keeper.

Still feeling very good.

Would be nice to be able to call up whether forecast easily in game, @fiction [HASHTAG]#patch3request[/HASHTAG]

If you want more cloudy/overcast days set a teams home ground to English summer in the Academy or play at the Lancashire ground if playing a custom game.

Ok gave bowling a go with a t20 just to see how it holds up in limited overs, first thing i noticed is the sweet sound of AI not middling the ball, that in itself felt refreshing it takes of the robotic feel we otherwise get while bowling to AI, i played with blocker's rebel vs weakling team. there is lot more close play and miss, most of my wickets came as caught or lbw and bold, got only one really nice edge but no fielder was in slips. but looked good taking outside edge of defensive prod to outswinger.

first seven wkts fell in quick time then AI tailender protocol kicked in and saw through the remaining 20 overs and posted 107. also AI struggled a lot against spin.The play n misses and even the chip shots felt more real.

difficulty : legend
pitch:grassy
worn and cracked

2015-04-14_00069.jpg

this over felt good
2015-04-14_00024.jpg

TO RHB
2015-04-14_00053.jpg

To LHB
2015-04-14_00056.jpg

2015-04-14_00006.jpg 2015-04-14_00011.jpg 2015-04-14_00041.jpg 2015-04-14_00042.jpg

will also try on flatter track and see how ai fares then, cause this total could be deemed just on par for a cracked grassy pitch.
I feel this is going in the right direction thanks to top work by blocker cooks1st wiley, richiewebo.

Will try test match later today and see how the experience is there

Playing a test match with Blocker's teams...

Pitch: Crumbly, fully worn and Chance of rain..
Legend level..

Review on the match:
Way too many play and miss, few good moments, still AI plays those on the middle stump full ball deliveries behind to the third man over the slips...

So far got 3 wickets in the 50 overs bowled...Only 142 runs in those runs....It really makes hard to get a wicket which is nice but doesnt feel rewarding as they end up giving an easy catch to mid off [2 of the 3 wickets taken were] and the remaining was C&B off a fast bowler...

Front foot straight slog off a short of a good length was played many times in that innings...

1 batsman scored a 50, first fifty an AI has scored against me....Which is good...
They dont leave ball wide outside off, they slide and play...

The changes are there but doesnt feel different by large, maybe a different pitch might work, will give that a try later...

A very close one, bowled an incutter closer to the stumps at the bowling crease...

2015-04-14_00001.jpg
2015-04-14_00004.jpg

Another instance where the ball touches the gloves but no sound or not out decision given....

2015-04-14_00006.jpg

Bowling lines were mainly bowled a bit wider to see how the batsman responds but the response were the usual..

2015-04-14_00007.jpg

@funnyadit - may have had an effect you have the wrong bowling team, that's the Australia Rebel team; they will be skilled "old school". It's England Rebel XI 1982/3 you need. (not there are 2 England rebel teams, that one and 1990, only 1982/3 is set up for this experiment.)

i just stared to play a test match between England Rebels 1982 vs weaklings(blockerdave teams). it's really awesome test match with real life match feelings :cheers. i just played 20 over but what a test match it's really looking test match style with safe shorts of AI and also good defense and miss hits :thumbs:thumbs:thumbs But no edge in match. it's really feeling fearsome tweak before patch 3 :rolleyes. hope experiment will also go for t20 or odi . :yes :thumbs

i just stared to play a test match between England Rebels 1982 vs weaklings(blockerdave teams). it's really awesome test match with real life match feelings :cheers. i just played 20 over but what a test match it's really looking test match style with safe shorts of AI and also good defense and miss hits :thumbs:thumbs:thumbs But no edge in match. it's really feeling fearsome tweak before patch 3 :rolleyes. hope experiment will also go for t20 or odi . :yes :thumbs

I didnt realise it was for Cricket 07....

Users who are viewing this thread