Making bowling more enjoyable, seeing weather/pitch effects etc. - invitation to playtest

IMO we need a tutorial/video from Big Ant on similar lines explaining what various settings/attributes are all about and what should be a good default or starting point...

Edit : By the way, since changing back to different deliveries, like cricket should be, I have taken two wickets. lol

i definitely think bowling normally with these settings you feel more in control of events as a bowler. before it felt, if not exactly pre-determined, then certainly random, hence my oft-used analogy of a slot machine.

IMO we need a tutorial/video from Big Ant on similar lines explaining what various settings/attributes are all about and what should be a good default or starting point...

i think something like this at release last year would have been brilliant. i highly doubt we're going to get much now...

it would be nice to see some level of engagement with this thread along the lines of "gives us something to think about" or "it does seem that the link between skills and gameplay wasn't calibrated correctly and we believe it will be addressed in patch 3" or even push back and disagree with us...

at the moment we're in a limbo because we don't know when patch 3 might come or whether the patch 3 changes will make this kind of manipulation unneccessary - i don't think anyone wants to go through making changes to all their teams only to have patch 3 come out and have to change them all back...

again you wonder about the quality/quantity of testing that went on, when aside from some of the basic bugs we've seen there's this major effect on gameplay that went through and at no point in over 12 months of people complaining about the AI performance, bowling issues and lack of edges did anybody at Big Ant say "our play testing indicates if you adjust the skill levels you will get a better competitive balance..." yet we've been told they played the game lots... did they really? some of these issues were apparent immediately.

What thing i have noticed. Could be pure coinsidence. But all the edges i have had. The needle on the second bar has been bang on in the middle!

Well I experimented with england vs india,

Front foot-1st bar of light green
Backfoot-1st bar of light green
Flatbat,rest all same

Anticipation-Minimum
Consistency-Minimum,Bar cook,Bell a notch above

Bowlers -Same 1st bar of light green

For both teams.

Pitch-Green,damp in report weather fine.

England were 70-0

Spinner came and took a wicket at mid on of cook,Then patnership 120-1,Losing hope then get 3 quick wickets to get them at 150-4 2 edges to keeper and 2 lbws.Patnership 200-4 ballance at 80 got stuck and missed a few then around the wicket perfect edge to keeper.

Playing on amateur as i feel it gives more types of dismissals and It allows more variation you can try in length with a wider timing zone.

Fascinating thread guys well done to all working on this.

It promising that fundamentals of the game are sound from BA if somewhat needing tweaked and it would be nice to hear from them in this regard and what plans are in patch 3.

Ive always thought that such factors such as pitch condtions have played a part in gameplay and it seems a lot of thought has gone into it.

If ive time later tonight when i get home ill try out a t20 or odi with blockers teams in english conditions pro difficulty.

Btw what implications would the adjusted stats have on online play? Anyone tried it?

Fascinating thread guys well done to all working on this.

It promising that fundamentals of the game are sound from BA if somewhat needing tweaked and it would be nice to hear from them in this regard and what plans are in patch 3.

Ive always thought that such factors such as pitch condtions have played a part in gameplay and it seems a lot of thought has gone into it.

If ive time later tonight when i get home ill try out a t20 or odi with blockers teams in english conditions pro difficulty.

Btw what implications would the adjusted stats have on online play? Anyone tried it?

Online/multiplayer is fine as is other than the online bugs. It's the AI which needs to be sorted out.

Broad is fired up. So far on Pro this is ideal. Im intrigued by the amateur match that is being played with all the edges bu them posting a reasonable score as well.

Snippet from my afternoon session!

ps: watch the bails!! haha

Has the new ball proven to have an effect in this setup?

Probably a bit late, but I found the new ball had an affect on the run rate (slowed down) and beating the edge of the bat. Got a few bowled by the batsmen not picking up the line

Has anyone tried with batsmen stats at 0-1 for straight bat/flat bat? Above Pro? If not, I will do it. Perhaps the edges would increase, and we know what the starting base would be for those levels?

Users who are viewing this thread