Mar 30 - Pakistan v India (Semi-Final 2)

prarara

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
The law of averages is against you though... :p

No such 'law' exists. The Law of large numbers does, but it gives the opposite conclusion. Given that in 36 head-to-head competitions Pakistan has lost, it'd be a statistical outlier for India not to win. More so, if India's won 36 times, it indicates that the true mean of all India-Pak WC games is with a result in India's favor, and you're making the incorrect assumption that the mean is a 50% India win 50% Pakistan win

-You sir, have been engineered.

But statistics is thrown out of the book in India Pak games.

Last edited:

Insomniac

Title Recipient
No such 'law' exists. The Law of large numbers does, but it gives the opposite conclusion. Given that in 36 head-to-head competitions Pakistan has lost, it'd be a statistical outlier for India not to win. More so, if India's won 36 times, it indicates that the true mean of all India-Pak WC games is with a result in India's favor, and you're making the incorrect assumption that the mean is a 50% India win 50% Pakistan win

-_-

Pakistan Zindabad.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
If you are talking about revenge, you forgot the Asia Cup. Its our time folks.

If thats the case, even we defeated Australia many times and won the CB series in their home ground. But ICC Events have their own revenges.:p :D.
You can try taking the Asia cup revenge in upcoming edition of Asia Cup :D ;).

Kabooka

International Cricketer
Easy boys, whats up with this talk of revenge eh! Revenge is when India thrash BD outta its nappies onto the streets. We talk about that cause we know that we gonna win convincingly. This India-Pak match will be a much more balanced game. In this match either team could win or lose and loose talk is gonna give someone a heartbreak. So easy up lads with the "Zindabad's".

Personally though, I dont think that Pakistan have enough firepower to stop this Indian Juggernaut. As I said earlier that if India beat Aussies in the quarters, it will be near impossible for Pakistan to beat india. If 4 pacers from Australia could not rustle us up, yours wont either. We are the best players of spin and your spin is just above average to be polite. You can apply pressure with your spin on australia but we are a different story altogether. Pakistans batting is nowhere in the same league as the Indian batting lineup which is the best in the world right now. If momentum was with Pakistan and skill with India, after yesterdays match India will also be on a roll.

So to beat India, Pakistan need raw skill, Law of averages or the quantum shift theory wont help them much.

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
Law of averages doesn't work because there have been a few changes to both teams since 1975.

Now, onto the serious stuff...I don't think Pakistan can win this one unless they bat first and then put pressure on India under lights on a skiddy pitch with a few early wickets.
Pakistan's bowling is not quite strong enough to trouble this batting lineup unless there is some help from the pitch.
Dropped catches will cost them the game in this one, so they must catch everything.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Easy boys, whats up with this talk of revenge eh! Revenge is when India thrash BD outta its nappies onto the streets. We talk about that cause we know that we gonna win convincingly. This India-Pak match will be a much more balanced game. In this match either team could win or lose and loose talk is gonna give someone a heartbreak. So easy up lads with the "Zindabad's".

Personally though, I dont think that Pakistan have enough firepower to stop this Indian Juggernaut. As I said earlier that if India beat Aussies in the quarters, it will be near impossible for Pakistan to beat india. If 4 pacers from Australia could not rustle us up, yours wont either. We are the best players of spin and your spin is just above average to be polite. You can apply pressure with your spin on australia but we are a different story altogether. Pakistans batting is nowhere in the same league as the Indian batting lineup which is the best in the world right now. If momentum was with Pakistan and skill with India, after yesterdays match India will also be on a roll.

So to beat India, Pakistan need raw skill, Law of averages or the quantum shift theory wont help them much.

Pretty wrong judgement of the scene. Australian bowling was no where near to the best, they weren't enough full length deliveries to trouble UV or Raina but Pakistan pace attack is all together a different one with Gul as yorker machines plus every pace bowler in the lineup does not fear to bowl full. Reverse swing is just one of the biggest weapon in Pakistan's pace artilery and Gul can be and will be quite difficult to play if the ball starts on reversing.
Spin just above average? a big no no. With Ajmal bowling the best Doosra and Hafeez and Afridi on thier peak make Pakistan's spin attack quite strong.
Batting is the only major problem for Pakistan beside drop catches but I guess groundsman at Mohali will try to produce a belter which will certainly favour Pakistan.
Altogether there will be an even contest but I am expecting Pakistan's bowling to deliever once again here if there is even a hint of grass on the pitch.(pretty unlikely)

AfridiRulez

Club Cricketer
If the groundsmen produce a belter, then it just matters whose bowling attack is better. Because then Pakistan batsmen would score easily on that belter, without any problems.

Auwais

International Coach

sarcasm_detector.jpg

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Epic match, ABSOLUTE EPIC! The team that loses is going to carry a huge burden of failure on their backs. The players would be under tremendous pressure, more so India because we already have the pressure of having to win the WC from our billion fans.

I have a feeling that after that Australia quarterfinal, India is going to be unstoppable. The adrenalin and the emotions have been invoked through that pulsating win against Australia, and India are highly dangerous when such emotions and feelings have been invoked. I predicted it right the last match that India would chase and chase successfully. Time for my prediction for this game - India to bat first and successfully defend in a thriller of a match!:yes:cheers

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
This is huge. I still vividly remember the 1996 QF. I am so pumped up yet defeat scares me. I want our team to go out there and play like champions. Use the crowd against India. Does any remember a supporter tearing up Tendulkar's poster when Shoaib got him for the first in Kolkata test? From then on India could not garner enough support from the crow and were beat. Pakistan have to bat first and score over 300. If they bowl first they have to restrict India to below 250. Easier said than done but thats how Pakistan are going to have any chance of upsetting India since we are the underdogs going into this one.
I also expect Pakistani and Indians to behave and not throw insults at each other on PC.:thumbs

Gurjot95

National Board President
Yea I miss Butt too. And Aamir would have been a fantastic inclusion too
C'mon cheaters don't deserve to represent the country irrespective of their skills.

----------

BTW is the first meeting of India with Pakistan after in Semis?

----------

Any good sportsman will say I'll be happy that Asian team will go to finals rather than saying how their team will beat other in semis.

Lassana Dias

Club Cricketer
Good thing they dont have Butt And Aamir, IND have money to by them over easy. and every one knows how much they love to sell them self :facepalm

blazerix

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Definitely not going to school on wednesday....

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Wishful thinking.

I won't be on PC during the match anyways. Eyes will be glued to the match.

So won't I. I meant for us to behave well before and after the match and I know its wishful thinking but one can always hope.

Users who are viewing this thread