Story March 2007: England Vs West Indies Test series.

bairdos90

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi from Bairdos90.

I've decided to recreate the test series which will be played in March 2007 between England and the West Indies. The series consists of 4 Tests in total. I will be playing this on EA Sports Cricket 2007 and on 4 Star level.

This is my first attempt at a story and I hope you enjoy it but it will most likely have massive flaws in it :( but here goes. I will be touring as the West Indies and I will try my best to keep updates going regularly

Also, any questions? Just ask, I'll be happy to answer them. So without further ado, here goes the 4-Test series!

sohail

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
best of luck mate! common england... make sure to select monty panesar ;)

bairdos90

Club Cricketer
England collapse on the first morning!

England fans take a seat you won't believe what you are about to hear! England, after 28 overs have fallen to 55/6 at lunch! It's all been happening three run outs, two edges and one man bowled.... and at that England may consider themselves lucky after Mahmood had an early shout for LBW turned down against him from Mohammed.

England won the toss and decided, somewhat bizzarely to bat on a wet pitch, a soaking wet pitch and an overcast day too, and although the West Indies don't have the pace attack they used to their four pace men must have been licking their lips! (Picture 1)

However England started slowly and made it to 24/0 in 10 overs before the first fall of wicket as Cook was run out for 10. (Picture 2) Strauss (20) soon followed in similiar fashion to leave England reeling. Alas, Pietsersen was next to fall being caught at 2nd slip attempting to cut. Before hand, Bell had fallen for two being run out, yes the top three were run out!

Geraint Jones was back with yet another test recall, however he did not improve or impress with a 3, being bowled bizarrely by Bradshaw behind his pads trying to push off his legs (Picture 3) . One more wicket was to fall as Mahmood was caught of Colleymore after surviving a decent shout from Mohammed, although on reflection the ball may have struck outside the line.

And so without any further damage, as if enough hasn't been done, England left the field for a badly needed lunch in trouble at 55/6. Collingwood 3* Hoggard 0*.

(By the way does anyone know how to put images in the middle of the story?!?!)

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 60
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Gud Start to the story.. Gud Luck :cheers But a bad start to Kp though!

Also, instead of attaching images, u can try making use of Imageshack to upload images as it allow us to write text between the images and is very handy for story writers!

Here is the tutorial for Imageshack,

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21004

Incase if that option doesnt work in " Go Advanced " option, then,

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showpost.php?p=569916&postcount=18

Hope it helps u... Gud Luck again :)

plympilgrim

International Coach
great start to a story nicely presented, just one small hint, can u make the pictures a wee bit smaller

bairdos90

Club Cricketer
logocw9.jpg

England wrapped up shamefully

England fell on the stroke of lunch all over for just 85, a measley total to say the least. It was light work for the West Indies really as England paid for that awful decision to bat first, how coin tosses have been rough to England at times, they already must be staring down the barell of an innings defeat. Matthew Hoggard was first to fall, a pop up off Dave Mohammed to Brian Lara prooved his downfall, illustrated below.

hoggardpopupbmohammedpb7.jpg

He was soon followed by Harmison who also fell to Mohammed having padded up to an what was to him, an offbreak. He could have no complaints as it hit in front, the only question left begging was, did he offer a shot? The umpire felt so, and Harmison was sent packing for 5.

harmisonlbw2fo5.jpg

Collingwood also fell after edging to second slip were Lara took his third catch of the innings! That just about wrapped it up but for Monty Panesar and Jimmy Anderson wasting out a few overs. It was eventually Anderson who fell to wrap up the innings being caught at deep fine leg hooking.

And with that lunch of day 1 was called. Innings analysis below.

innings1kq4.jpg

Comments please! And I'm West Indies in case I had'nt made it clear! Also, final session may be posted tonight (Wednesday).

Last edited:

plympilgrim

International Coach
great work the pics are better like that and great bowling by you well done

bairdos90

Club Cricketer
logocw9.jpg

Windies move ahead... shakily

After begginning their innings just after lunch at 4.00pm, the West Indies moved on, at a rapid loss of wickets much like England but nonetheless scored the runs, slowly, at around 2 per over.

It has not been an easy innings so far. Firstly, an hour was lost after only two overs due to rain and then the West Indies had to see out the rest of the day, fairly successful with only the loss of Gayle (3), below, caught at square leg by Monty Panesar of all people!

gayleoutap9.jpg

Not long afterwards Chanderpaul was dropped whilst still on 0, yet fell for a hard earned 56-ball 23. Important runs when such a small total is set by the opposition.

chanderpauldroppedon0vf9.jpg

And so with Brian Lara the runs began to flow. It was slow, but they were continuous slow runs, with few maidens in this time. Lara had a few slogs, particularly a well executed sweep-slog (below). Alas, he fell just as he was in for 31 valuable runs. Sarwan (14) and Bravo (11) both fell in the teens before lunch, with Ramdin on 5* and Mohammed on 0*.

larasweepsgp3.jpg

And so, the West Indies went in for lunch at 90/5. An extremely poor score by any standards, but they will be hoping that with very slow batting (remember this is only going into seesion 2 on day 2!) they cant reach 150 and this may be enough for a small 4th innings total.

And lunch, we can hear Boycott saying about the quality of this pitch. "Not up to test match standards, we had much better pitches in my day. This will never last 4 or 5 days! B'ah im off for some chicken and cucumber sandwhiches Mark!" For once, we have to agree with him, what a dreadful pitch this is.

By 4pm it was all over. The West Indies had folded for 137. Giving them a valuable 52 run lead over England. The Windies will be hoping for a similar bowling performance this time, although they are unlikely to receive the gift of three top order run outs, a 4th innings total of less than 100 may be on the cards.

Amazingly, Monty Panesar (who did not bowl through the entirity of the innings! Although it was only 60 overs) took SIX catches at square leg in this innings. All of a different variety also, but what a peculiar thing. Geraint Jones took the other three behind the stumps after dropping Chanderpaul early on leaving Jerome Taylor, who went down the order in the hope that with his superior defence could hang around with Ramdin at the end, although this turned out not to be. Fidel Edwards was the only member of the tail that wagged (discounting Ramdin that is) with a quickfire 13 from 8 balls before secumming to Jones behind the stumps (pictured).

slipsfr8.jpg

Mohammed also hung around for a good while for his six runs and provided to support to Ramdin after being given a reprieve by 2nd slip on 1.

mohammeddropped2ndslipods8.jpg

It was Harmison who did the real damage, after his Ashes woes he is back on form at home with 4 for 58. Matthew Hoggard chipped in with three wickets at extreme value costing just 20 runs! Full innings analysis below.

innings2sx9.jpg

Last edited:

bairdos90

Club Cricketer
Play it again Sam!

Sam, being England. Yes once more England have collpased although will avert an innings defeat. They closed on day two on 71/6 with both Geraint Jones(22*) and Matthew Hoggard(17*!!!) undefeated.

Another hour was already lost to rain after only a few overs, but it's all insignificant this game's going to be wrapped up in 3 days no doubt! It was all bad from the start with Struass being bowled by Ian Bradshaw, who might be in for a 5-for yet. Illustrated below.

straussbowledbradshawpb8.jpg

Well things only went form bad to worse. Ian Bell was struggling for his runs and tried a somewhat risque attempt to bad a straight ball from Mohammed away, although the ball appeared to pitch well outside his leg stump.

bellnotoutmohammeddh6.jpg

He stayed around for a bit longer, but it was Cook to fall next, playing straight into slips hands trying to run the ball down to third man, perhaps losing his patience after receiving so much short pitched bowling in an attempt to make him hook.

cookcaughtoffbradshaw2dnl2.jpg

And so the misery for England continued, Bell fell to Mohammed being caught by Bravo at silly mid off for not many and the score read 24/3, shameful reading for England. Collingwood was next to go, in spectacular fashion with Bradshaw ripping off stump from the ground as the front defence was played, also shown.

bellcaughtsillymidoffca1.jpg

cwoodbowledbradshawhf8.jpg

Pietersen soon followed for a duck, suffering a superb diving catch at point sending him back to the pavillion as shown. Mahmood was to follow suit very soon to leave England at 29/6!!

pietersencaughtpointrw8.jpg

A partnership was badly needed and it came, from Hoggard and Jones away down the order. Still undefeated as they saw out the day in style with some agressive batting.

England now lead by 19 runs, with 3 tail end wickets to go. West Indies will be very hopeful of victory in this opening test and should win by a good few wickets no scares account for! Bradshaw has done the damage so far and will look to five up a 5-for before the end.

[/COLOR]Expect another update tomorrow night! GMT!

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
i noticed your top 3 batsmen ran out in the first innings, now i know im not the only one who does bad runs and keeps getting ran out!

bairdos90

Club Cricketer
Feelin Blue? said:
i noticed your top 3 batsmen ran out in the first innings, now i know im not the only one who does bad runs and keeps getting ran out!

I am West Indies so it was the computer who run it self out because the a.i. is just soooo good, but yea i often run myself out aswell mate, but that top 3 was the computer.

West Indies chase posted later!

Murali

School Cricketer
Feelin Blue? said:

erm yeh i manage to do that too often:(

nice story mate, england are playing like they are in real life :D

Users who are viewing this thread