Martin Guptill has only two toes on one of his feet!!!

Bluebagger

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
why did they change it?

The Sub-Continent teams threatened to split away from World Cricket so the ICC had to change it to keep them happy.

vishwa

School Cricketer
The Sub-Continent teams threatened to split away from World Cricket so the ICC had to change it to keep them happy.

Buddy, care to explain what the Sub-continent teams and the ICC have to do with Martin Guptill having only two toes on one of his feet !?! :sarcasm

Bluebagger

International Coach
I didn't imply that they did, buddy.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
:laugh Must be the beer making you talk utter rubbish as well then. You really think Murali can control the amount of elbow flexion, and then change his action in an ICC test to make sure he doesn't flex more than 15 degrees?

This rubbish about changing his action in a match is ludicrous. There are videos of his tests, and he's bowling with his usual action, and he was capable of bowling all his deliveries with the brace on his arm. How many times do people need to be told that his action is an optical illusion and that his arm doesn't straighten more than 15 degrees?

Many of his deliveries may fall around the 15 degrees but, in my opinion, too many. In particular his faster deliveries appear well beyond it and since the introduction of the 15 degree allowance his action appears to have deteriorated.

volunteered for this. Apparently he proved he wasn't a chucker.

But did he really? What he proved is that he can bowl within limitation, not that in the heat of battle he actually does.

Cricket is not played in a laboratory. On the field it matters where and how the ball gets to the other end. In a laboratory it doesn't, all that matters is how you delivered it.

Mark Richardson : Forget testing, he's a chucker - Cricket - NZ Herald News

Richardson makes a very good point tbh.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
It's not a good article, it's drivel. The only difference between this article and Hoopers argument is that Richardson's been paid to construct his factuous argument. It's the same spurious 'evidence' used and based entirely on presumption, not fact. It's been proven that Murali's action is legal, and ultra slow-motion does prove the legalitys of it, Richardson obviously just doesn't know what he's looking for.

In the slow motion clip I've seen, you can clearly see that what appears to be bending and straightening of the elbow on live full speed pictures, is action rotation of the shoulder and wrist, there's nowhere near 15 degrees of straightening. Also, as mentioned about a hundred times, Murali's also bowled with a brace on his arm, which stopped Murali from bending his elbow. He then managed to go through his full repetoire of deliveries, with ease, just using his wrist and shoulder rotation. He bowled in that experiment to Michael Slater with the brace on and brace off, and Slater said that it was exactly the same facing him with the brace on or with the brace off.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President

this is a conspiracy theory based on nothing but racism. the idea that "them asians" all get together just to annoy australia for no reason. can you please explain to me any sort of advantage to disbanding the ICC for this, any?

Fatal Shot

Club Cricketer
"At age 13, Guptill was involved in a forklift truck accident and lost three toes. When he was in the hospital, his father asked Jeff Crowe if a New Zealand player could visit him. Stephen Fleming, the then New Zealand captain, visited him at the hospital the next day.
This fact was revealed to the world by state teammate Scott Styris whilst Styris was commentating on Guptill's ODI debut. This has since earned Guptill the nickname "Two Toes" within the Black Caps team
"

Source- Wikipedia

What a tough character this kid is.
Hats off to him.
This is so touching..:crying:crying:crying

b5lbvt.jpg

Tell it again sometime.

Bluebagger

International Coach
this is a conspiracy theory based on nothing but racism. the idea that "them asians" all get together just to annoy australia for no reason. can you please explain to me any sort of advantage to disbanding the ICC for this, any?

Umm, money.

Care to explain what was racist about my post and where I referred to the Sub Continent teams as "them Asians" and said it was a conspiracy annoy Australia? Nope, I did not say that so please do not puts words in my e-mouth.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
Umm, money.

Care to explain what was racist about my post and where I referred to the Sub Continent teams as "them Asians" and said it was a conspiracy annoy Australia? Nope, I did not say that so please do not puts words in my e-mouth.

and how would the sub-continent make money by isolating themselves from their two biggest cash cows in cricket, australia and england?

it's racist because it makes baseless assumptions of motivations and puts the blame squarely on an ethnic group.

JD10

International Cricketer
"At age 13, Guptill was involved in a forklift truck accident and lost three toes. When he was in the hospital, his father asked Jeff Crowe if a New Zealand player could visit him. Stephen Fleming, the then New Zealand captain, visited him at the hospital the next day.
This fact was revealed to the world by state teammate Scott Styris whilst Styris was commentating on Guptill's ODI debut. This has since earned Guptill the nickname "Two Toes" within the Black Caps team
"

Source- Wikipedia

What a tough character this kid is.
Hats off to him.
This is so touching..:crying:crying:crying
I feel it's really good when they were younger they were in major accidents and now playing for there country etc. I never knew this but Steven Gerrard nearly lost his big toe because he was stabbed with a fork when he was younger

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Wow finally someone who understands the situation.

Murali was a chucker before they changed it to 15 degrees but since they changed it he no longer is. That is the issue we should be talking about more than anything else - why did they change it?
They changed it because, under the 12 degree rule, 99% of the bowlers in world cricket were found to be chucking (McGrath, Pollock, Warne, Gough, Kumble, et all).

Can't believe there people who still think Murali chuck. I thought trolling was a bannable offence on PC?

Anyhow, Andrew Hall was shot in the hand from point blank range and still went on to have a successful career. That's pretty impressive too.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Okay, everyone get back to sobbing over Guptill's toes before I have to close this thread and whatnot. We have enough Murali/Warne threads to take this elsewhere.

Guptill :crying

Last edited:

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
As far I know, the limits for the spinners are arbitrarily set to be half of what is allowed for fast bowlers, aren’t they?
If 15 degrees is for both types of the bowlers then I would like to know, what evidence do we have as to how the current 15 degrees limits were determined? What, if any new bowler would come with different congenital deformity and he does straighten his arm at 18 degrees, but just because of his physical deformity!

Correct me, if I am wrong but I guess Murli has fixed-flexion elbow deformity and that disability with his elbow joint has got a very hyper mobile wrist joint. I think Murali is just taking the best advantage of what he was given by God or what he was born with but isn’t it an illegal advantage?

I seriously don’t have any medical evidence that his deformity helps him in getting more extension – pronation or supination while he delivers the bowl. But then does anybody have any evidence that He is not getting any help due to his physical defect?

Users who are viewing this thread