Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
End of day 2:

Llzpv40.jpg

I usually just bat for both teams as the bowling in most of the cricket games that I have played has never appealed to me but I decided to have a go and got a wicket with my first ball :p

Sweppy12

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Playing the ashes series as Australia on legend AI with hard batting and hard bowling, won the toss and batted on a dusty Brisbane deck in overcast conditions. No one stood out with the bat although we managed 303 off just 65 overs. England went in after tea and have completely collapsed. It's now down to Root and the tail to save their bacon. @blockerdave @WealeyH looking like a familiar England result at the Gabba ;) *EDIT* The Starc lbw wicket was an inswinging Yorker that landed on Ballance's toe... Just amazingimage.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Redfive

School Cricketer
Game arrived yesterday and dove straight into the Ashes as England - Pro, Medium, Medium (yes, I'm shit).

Won what looked a crucial toss on a hard but crumbly pitch threatening turn later in the game. But a combination of early swing and possibly some rustiness on my part having not played DBC 17 in months left any advantage in tatters.

Cook edged behind to a beaut third ball, then the first ball of the next over saw Stoneman run out in farcical fashion to leave England 0/2. Possibly a rush of blood on his Ashes debut saw Rocky set off for a single that was never on after clipping the ball to square leg. With his aghast captain at the other end sending him back Stoneman was always going to be short of his ground.

Bairstow, promoted to 4 and with the freedom to concentrate on his batting with Foakes given the gloves played a couple of gorgeous drives before wafting at a wide one and edging behind. At 18/3 England were staring down the barrel as Starc and Hazelwood steamed in with their tails up.

Hales joined the fray and played briskly but smartly, using his power to find the boundary rope with some sweetly timed punches before misjudging a leave to Nathan Lyon's second ball and seeing the delivery just turn enough to clip the top of off and send Hales back to the pavilion for a well made 38. Not so nice, Gary.

At this point Root had been playing a different game to his teammates and finally found a partner to match his application in Moeen. Both played cautiously to Lyon and, with any swing long gone and a pitch largely devoid of demons were able to gradually unfurl some more extravagant strokes and rebuild England's innings. By tea England were approaching 200 with still just 4 wickets down and the prospect of posting a competitive total back on the cards.

Can't stress how enjoyable that was even with me getting myself in a hole early on. The new animations and range of strokes make the game so immersive and the AI feels more involved in the game than in previous versions. At one point they moved cover squarer to counter my scoring areas and it felt easier to adjust my shots and drive through the newly created gap between him and mid off. Never felt I had such precise control in 14 or 17.

Already looking forward to continuing the innings rebuilding effort after work - a few quick wickets and I'll be up against it on a good batting track judging by the way things have gone for Wealy and blocker Dave!

It's hard to explain until you play it but this really feels like a test match, and just like cricket in a way no computer game I've played has done before.

Sweppy12

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
And there it is! England all out for 201, N.Lyon the pick of the bowlers with 3-38 from 13.4, Starc also bowled well taking 3-71 from 20 oversimage.jpeg

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have never enjoyed online matches like this before. Worth the 50 USD, every penny. Though, the way I play test cricket I don’t deserve to play Ashes!

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Won the 1st test with ease, think i'll bump it up a difficulty for the next one.

9d7ATty.jpg

C

Chris Swift

Playing my first match as England in the ashes.just started the 3rd day, australia slightly on top, just need to keep them below 400.

scorecard.jpg

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Supposedly so, but I've belted him every time he comes on to bowl
With already 4 bowlers (including Ali), may be you need to choose a proper batsman instead of Overton to feel little more competitive

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
I have never enjoyed online matches like this before. Worth the 50 USD, every penny. Though, the way I play test cricket I don’t deserve to play Ashes!
patch 1.04 pretty much destroyed online ;(

rangersw12

Club Captain
1st test Gabba .

Aus won the toss and elected to bat on a dusty hard pristine pitch

I started off well in the first session reducing the Aussies to 100/4 each seamer picking up a wicket.

Turning point at the start of 2nd session I dropped Smith in the Gully and Smith and Maxwell put on 152

With some hitting from Cummings and Wade Aussies made 358 all out half way through day 2

I started off poorly being reduced to 4/57 with Starc bowling well managed to Rally with Root who made a 100 and scrapped to 258 all out giving Aus a big lead

Aussies currently 0/8 off 2 overs and a big task for the bowlers to bring us back into the match

Users who are viewing this thread