Match,Tour & Competition Experiences

Bluebagger

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I can't believe this, I bowled through until the end of day one in my Sri Lanka v Auckland tour game and somehow it didn't save :( Started a new tour, All Time West Indies touring Australia.

3 day tour match vs All Time South Australia
3 day tour match vs Australia 1930's
6 test match series vs All Time Australia (100 overs, 8 ball overs)
One day tour match vs New South Wales 1990s and All Time Queensland
7 match One day tri series vs All Time Australia and All Time England
T20 match vs All Time Victoria
7 match T20 tries vs All Time Australia and All Time India

Currently lunch on Day 1 vs All Time South Australia, W.I 1/79 off 31. West Indies won the toss and elected to bat first.

D. Haynes c. W. Phillips b. C. Grimmett 5 (19) 1/22
R. Kanhai 47 (98)
E. Weekes 27 (69)
G. Headley, C. Walcott, F. Worrel (c), L. Gomes, A.Roberts, J.Garner, W.Hall, C.Walsh

J. Gillespie 9 overs 0/21
T. Wall 6 overs 0/28
C. Grimmett 11 overs 1/21
P. Lee 5 overs 0/9

West Indies playing an entirely changed 11 from the anticipated lineup for the first test at Adelaide, giving chances for players to impress although George Headley is expected to play. Desmond Haynes may have hurt his chance of a test match spot with a cheap dismissal and being tied down however Rohan Kanhai has thoroughly impressed so far with a solid innings and could be a bolter for that first test match.

Ash1973

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
How unusual. I think I find bowling just as, if not more enjoyable in DBC 14 than batting. Setting fields, selecting bowlers, bowling to plans. Finally the game is at a point where the AI batting is competitive to actually have genuinely good experience playing them - one day matches and tests anyway. AI batting is still very weak in T20's.

I feel the field settings by the AI when batting have a tendency to spoil the party. You're in a tight run chase, suddenly the AI puts in 5 slips and no one at mid-on and mid-off and bang game is over and you're left with an empty feeling that it was all too easy.
Personally i've found that since the last console patch,AI field settings are 10 times better.
before i could hit as many as 12 fours in one area & nothing would be done about it,but now they seem to change the field around a lot more including a lot more men on the boundary after the power plays.
it's made it a lot more challenging chasing scores.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Personally i've found that since the last console patch,AI field settings are 10 times better.
before i could hit as many as 12 fours in one area & nothing would be done about it,but now they seem to change the field around a lot more including a lot more men on the boundary after the power plays.
And that too they place the fielder where you often place the ball...

AshleyWilliam

Banned

Yeah, overall I feel they are a lot better. They are still prone to the occasional massive brain fart though.

AshleyWilliam

Banned
Another solid gameplaying experience last night. I've created the upcoming Pakistan v Australia series, playing as Australia. After easily winning the opening T20 by restricting Pakistan to a substandard total, I played the first of 3 ODI's. Started off well with Finch (53) and Warner, taking the score to 90 with out loss. Apart from a few stumbles along the way, Bailey played well for 61 off 60 balls and Faulkner unleashed at the end of the innings with 63* off 30 balls, to see Australia all out off the final ball for 297.

Pakistan started briskly reaching 90 for not wicket in quick time. Lyon and Maxwell curved the run rate, while injections of Johnson and Starc saw wickets fall at regular intervals, with Maxwell and Mitch Marsh chiming in for a couple. At 9/210 in the 41st over it all looked done. But Tanvir and Irfan provided solid resistance until Marsh got one past the outside edge of Tanvir to see Pakistan fall short by 37 runs.

Off to Delhi for the next match.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Another solid gameplaying experience last night. I've created the upcoming Pakistan v Australia series, playing as Australia. After easily winning the opening T20 by restricting Pakistan to a substandard total, I played the first of 3 ODI's. Started off well with Finch (53) and Warner, taking the score to 90 with out loss. Apart from a few stumbles along the way, Bailey played well for 61 off 60 balls and Faulkner unleashed at the end of the innings with 63* off 30 balls, to see Australia all out off the final ball for 297.

Pakistan started briskly reaching 90 for not wicket in quick time. Lyon and Maxwell curved the run rate, while injections of Johnson and Starc saw wickets fall at regular intervals, with Maxwell and Mitch Marsh chiming in for a couple. At 9/210 in the 41st over it all looked done. But Tanvir and Irfan provided solid resistance until Marsh got one past the outside edge of Tanvir to see Pakistan fall short by 37 runs.

Off to Delhi for the next match.
Nice ...Difficulty??

AshleyWilliam

Banned
That's a very good score and playing the full 50 overs itself is a big accomplishment I would say....

To be honest I was disappointed at losing so many wickets - I find it quite easy to bat out the overs now. My batting method is holding down the defensive trigger and letting go of it to play at loose balls. Occasionally I will premeditate a lofted stroke.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
To be honest I was disappointed at losing so many wickets - I find it quite easy to bat out the overs now. My batting method is holding down the defensive trigger and letting go of it to play at loose balls. Occasionally I will premeditate a lofted stroke.
Till now the maximum no.of overs I have played in a ODI match is 47 overs with a score of 365 all out....This was at legend level...

Wyndo7

Club Cricketer
Started a tour of Sri Lanka as Australia, schedule is:

• 3 Test matches
  • 5 ODIs
  • 3 T20Is
Amateur difficulty, batting only.

1st Test:

Lost the toss and bowling first, Harris takes 4/55 as SL make 304. Mahela Jayawardene top scores with 100 (118) followed by Chandimal with 95 (112).

I begin my innings with 2 hours left on day 1. Rogers falls to a freak dismissal off Eranga for 6, (smashing a full-blooded pull shot right into Sangakkara's head at short leg, which bounces up for him to catch). Warner & Doolan stabilise the innings and make it to day 2 before Warner falls for 60. Clarke slowly accumulates while Doolan races towards what should be his maiden Test ton. But unfortunately, Doolan is trapped LBW for 92 (117), and shortly after, Clarke is bowled by Eranga in the 30's. Smith and Watson don't add much either. Australia are currently 6/246. Enter Mr. Haddin & Mr. Johnson. They put on a clinic, making the highest 7th wicket partnership in Australian Test history with 292 added. After Johnson falls for 137 (166), I declare the innings at 5/538 after 123.5 overs, Haddin top scoring with 164* (193)

But the batting masterclass didn't end there. Mahela Jayawardene showed his class with a brilliant 214 (249) coupled with Angelo Mathews' 124 (225). Lyon took 4/96 as I was left to chase 325 to win with 4 and a bit sessions to go. SL finish on 558 all out.

David Warner falls 1 run off the 50 partnership, and Doolan fails to bring his 1st innings form with him. After Clarke is clean bowled for 8, I send in Johnson as a nightwatchman. He does his job, supporting Chris Rogers until the end of day 4, eventually being dismissed for 34. Steve Smith has his off peg launched into orbit while on 15, continuing his poor match. Rogers cannot hold on and is dismissed for 72 (136). Australia are in big trouble with nearly 200 runs left and 6 wickets down. Haddin and Watson set about finishing the match with a fantastic 100+ partnership. Watson falls for 66 at the finishing line, leaving Ryan Harris out to finish the job with Haddin. Haddin smashes the winning runs through cover to end the match on 82* (83).

Australia win by 3 wickets.
MOTM: Mitchell Johnson (AUS)

Wyndo7

Club Cricketer
Wow, so in the next game, I'm currently 0/302 after SL made 289 in the 1st innings. I think the time has come to bump it up to Pro difficulty!

AshleyWilliam

Banned
Continued my tour against Pakistan over the weekend, playing as Australia on pro.

After winning the ODI series (I played and won the first match then simmed the next two), I started the two match test series. The first match turned out to be a fantastic cricket gaming experience:

Pakistan 1st Innings: 220 (73.4 Overs)
Shafiq 52 (104)
Shehzad 28 (39)
Johnson 4/65
Lyon 2/30

Australia 1st Innings: 228 (67.5 overs)
Warner 56 (98)
Johnson 39 (41)
Ali 5/34
Ajmal 3/72

Pakistan 2nd Innings: 269 (87.5 overs)
Hafeez 67 (101)
Shafiq 31 (57)
Smith 3/14
Harris 2/50

Australia 2nd Innings: 5/262 (66.1 overs)
Hughes 73 (112)
M. Marsh 56* (75)
Irfan 2/65

Australia win by 5 wickets

Australia initially restricted Pakistan to a low total, consistently picking up wickets, thanks to unplayable bursts of bowling from Johnson, and containment from Lyon. In their first innings, Australia started off spritely, and it only seemed a matter of time until they would gain a lead. However, Pakistan hit back hard and got themselves back in the match, smashing through the Australian middle and lower order, thanks primarily to Ali.

In the second innings, Pakistan were looking rock solid, cruising to a big lead. With Lyon and O'Keefe proving ineffective, Australia tossed the ball to Steve Smith, who picked up three valuable wickets to see their momentum halt. Left with a tough run chase of 262 to win the game, Australia started poorly, losing Warner for a duck and Rogers for 19. Hughes stepped up to the mark and played positively for a well made 73 before losing his wicket at a crunch time, followed by a cheap dismissal of Smith and nightwatchmen Lyon who played well for 30. With Australia 5/165, the match was well and truly on a knife edge. Mitch Marsh, on debut, and Haddin, captaining for an injured Clarke, ground out a match saving innings against hostile bowling to see Australia across the line, and secure a historic victory. Mohammed Irfan was unplayable on the bouncy deck.

It was a fantastic match to play - I thought playing the ODI's was fun, but this was the best cricket gaming experience I have ever had. I struggled to put down the controller all weekend, and my eyes are still hurting. It is SO GOOD to have competitive AI!!!!

Started the second test match at Delhi last night, to rub salt in the wound that is my screwed up sleeping patterns. After Warner and Doolan put on a good partnership, Australia faulted to be at one stage 4/144 then 5/207. However Smith (88* of 110 balls) and Haddin (39* off 83 balls) have combined magnificently to see Australia reach a total of 5/294 at the approach of end of play (86 overs). The plan is simply to bat as long as possible then unleash the Johnson on the Pakistani top order.

Last edited:

Wyndo7

Club Cricketer
So I managed to completely ruin my unassailable position in the 2nd Test against Sri Lanka.

In my previous post I mentioned that Rogers & Warner combined for a 300 partnership? Yeah well, they ended up breaking the world record for the highest ever opening partnership in Test cricket, beating Graeme Smith & Neil McKenzie's 415 partnership.

With a lead of 151, and still a session left on Day 2, I decided to declare the innings at 0/440, with Rogers 222* and Warner 218*. I simmed the bowling as usual, and what happened next almost made me chuck the controller into the TV.

Three SL batsmen made centuries, and batted until almost the end of Day 4 to make 10/621, leaving me to chase 471 in three and a bit sessions. Muirhead took 4 wickets, but Lyon and Watson both got smashed around for no wickets.

I realise now that I declared way too early, now it's looking like either a draw or a loss, because chasing 471 on the final day is nigh impossible.

AshleyWilliam

Banned
So I managed to completely ruin my unassailable position in the 2nd Test against Sri Lanka.

In my previous post I mentioned that Rogers & Warner combined for a 300 partnership? Yeah well, they ended up breaking the world record for the highest ever opening partnership in Test cricket, beating Graeme Smith & Neil McKenzie's 415 partnership.

With a lead of 151, and still a session left on Day 2, I decided to declare the innings at 0/440, with Rogers 222* and Warner 218*. I simmed the bowling as usual, and what happened next almost made me chuck the controller into the TV.

Three SL batsmen made centuries, and batted until almost the end of Day 4 to make 10/621, leaving me to chase 471 in three and a bit sessions. Muirhead took 4 wickets, but Lyon and Watson both got smashed around for no wickets.

I realise now that I declared way too early, now it's looking like either a draw or a loss, because chasing 471 on the final day is nigh impossible.

Serves ya right for simming! :-p

But seriously, finally we have a game where bowling is enjoyable and AI batting is competitive, why is no one bowling?

Users who are viewing this thread