Mindstorm Studios develops official game for Cricket World Cup 2011

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
:facepalm This is ridiculous - no advertising, no proper information, official website not working, flash-based browser game etc...

It better be free, otherwise no one is going to spend their hard-earned cash on such a rubbish product; don't care that "they're atleast trying" as some of you here are contend to be.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
flash-based browser game etc...
It isn't flash - as I mentioned earlier in the thread, take a look at powersoccer.com which is built off the same technology. The graphics are going to at the very least be well above any flash cricket game. Still wouldn't buy it, but it isn't as bad as you'd think in that regard.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Nice!

Presumably it'd be like BLIC07, it flips into licensed names when in World Cup mode.

Very well observed.

Plus, they should release some gameplay video before release to show us whether really something drastic has happened.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Their site still isn't working. Pathetic.
Or has the ICC revoked their license ? With less than a month to go for the World Cup, they should at least update their site.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm just hoping that ICC has started to give licenses like FIFA gave to Konami and EA. I guess they might have license for the WC in it only as there is no mention of any other cricket board on the page. I wont be surprised if this game has just WC as licensed event, no player licensing etc :p

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I think you are right. The other boards don't seem to pledge their support to them. The PCB might license it along with the ICC, but don't see CA, NZC ,ECB, who are normally seen on the cover of any cricket game.

Zaxotes

National Board President
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm just hoping that ICC has started to give licenses like FIFA gave to Konami and EA. I guess they might have license for the WC in it only as there is no mention of any other cricket board on the page. I wont be surprised if this game has just WC as licensed event, no player licensing etc :p

icc doesn't have even an own website, yahoo cricket is partnered with them. all nations obviously do agree to give licenses once approached... these gaming companies never care for countries other than England, Aus, SA and NZ

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
If this project would have been in hands of the PC team, the game would have been hell lot better than what it is now!

Clearly, its patched version of CR, which our own Appu2146 can do single handedly (PS: The World Cup mode should be added, which can be done by them).

Afridi Akhtar

Club Cricketer
Man i would say this game is going to be a big flop.because of the no multiplayer and autoplay...and same name problems too...iam pretty sure they are just going to change the kit and some features in stadium..thats it lol

Afridi Akhtar

Club Cricketer
Are they still using the same unique stadium they used in CR even with WC licensed?

i think i heard that the 3 of the stadium will be same..just they will add wc pitchad and the other like they will just change the lighhts and some sceneries like water etc..which will be same but look different..iam not sure just heard that

FAM0422

School Cricketer
I think this game will be a patch of cricket revolution

Just with updated names etc, Cricket revolution did not support control pad which was stupid so im not expecting nothing special here.

They said it be up and running by Jan today is Jan 29 and we are no closer to finding out. They use lame excuse with the Squad have they not heard of a thing called a patch which could be used to update this later. It think we are gona find a messy patch job.

session

Club Cricketer
I think this game will be a patch of cricket revolution

Just with updated names etc, Cricket revolution did not support control pad which was stupid so im not expecting nothing special here.

They said it be up and running by Jan today is Jan 29 and we are no closer to finding out. They use lame excuse with the Squad have they not heard of a thing called a patch which could be used to update this later. It think we are gona find a messy patch job.

Interesting point!! about patch...

badb0y9124

Club Cricketer
guys have u thought they mite be puting more time and effort into it to make it good lets just wait and see cricket games take time they mite be fixing bugs i wish they would say what they are doing tho like news.

Users who are viewing this thread