Chris Lickley

County Cricketer
Northern Superchargers
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hertfordshire CCC now reuploaded. Cannot find a kit with a current sponsor - not sure they have one. If any one knows differently let me know and I’ll add it. Thanks[DOUBLEPOST=1516650810][/DOUBLEPOST]
Very strange. I fully expected to find them but no. I don’t have the edit facilities locked on the teams so anyone can edit them - is it possible that may have happened and someone has changed some of the players? I know something me has made an alternative Oxford Uni kit based on the design I put out - which I’m fine with -it’s all our database - just wondered about the players. Thanks.
Not too sure

stephencox32

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I’ll monitor it and see what happens. I only have one minor County side left to do now (Lincolnshire) then I might go down the teams putting the real players in all Counties and reshare (if I have the time). Perhaps someone may want to take up that mantle?[DOUBLEPOST=1516653968][/DOUBLEPOST]Norfolk CCC now uploaded. Thanks

Chris Lickley

County Cricketer
Northern Superchargers
Profile Flag
England
Bedfordshire:
Rajagopal Saththish is linked to a Tamil Nadu Player

Shropshire:
Rajat Paliwal is linked to a Haryana Player

Buckinghamshire:
Ajit Chahal is linked to a Haryana Player

Cumberland:
Felix Alemoa is linked to a Goa Player

Wales Minor:
Guy Walker is linked to a Melbourne Renegades player who is also in Victoria Bushrangers

Norfolk:
Hammad Shahid is linked to a ICC Americas player

Wiltshire:
Aldane Thomas is linked to a Jamaica domestic player

stephencox32

County Cricketer
Bedfordshire:
Rajagopal Saththish is linked to a Tamil Nadu Player

Shropshire:
Rajat Paliwal is linked to a Haryana Player

Buckinghamshire:
Ajit Chahal is linked to a Haryana Player

Cumberland:
Felix Alemoa is linked to a Goa Player

Wales Minor:
Guy Walker is linked to a Melbourne Renegades player who is also in Victoria Bushrangers

Norfolk:
Hammad Shahid is linked to a ICC Americas player

Wiltshire:
Aldane Thomas is linked to a Jamaica domestic player
@Chris Lickley cheers Chris - will sort them when I get home from work

stephencox32

County Cricketer
Lincolnshire CCC now uploaded. All 20 Minor Counties are finished, uploaded and should now be available. I’ve been advised that a small number of the players are still being linked with players at other clubs. It’s a bit of a mystery and I’m trying to address this. I will reshare any I need to. As you see most of the teams have not got the real players in them. I found this was taking too long to produce but may be something I’ll look at doing at some point in the future as my time is limited due to work and a family I feel have abandoned somewhat down by this over the past couple of weeks. I will still do the odd kit (university teams etc) when I can but hope you enjoy the ones I have done thus far. Cheers Stephen

Last edited:

stephencox32

County Cricketer
@Chris Lickley cheers Chris - will sort them when I get home from work
@Chris Lickley Hi Chris - checked the various squads for the players above and can’t find any of them in my line ups?? I wonder if the players in my squads are the players linked to those you mention. Is there any way to check this. IE the name of the Jamaican domestic player Aldane Thomas is linked too at Wiltshire? Cheers Stephen

Chris Lickley

County Cricketer
Northern Superchargers
Profile Flag
England
@Chris Lickley Hi Chris - checked the various squads for the players above and can’t find any of them in my line ups?? I wonder if the players in my squads are the players linked to those you mention. Is there any way to check this. IE the name of the Jamaican domestic player Aldane Thomas is linked too at Wiltshire? Cheers Stephen

Well I have @wasteyouryouth squads which quite a few players are linked with, maybe it would be best create the players instead

Lincolnshire CCC now uploaded. All 20 Minor Counties are finished, uploaded and should now be available. I’ve been advised that a small number of the players are still being linked with players at other clubs. It’s a bit of a mystery and I’m trying to address this. I will reshare any I need to. As you see most of the teams have not got the real players in them. I found this was taking too long to produce but may be something I’ll look at doing at some point in the future as my time is limited due to work and a family I feel have abandoned somewhat down by this over the past couple of weeks. I will still do the odd kit (university teams etc) when I can but hope you enjoy the ones I have done thus far. Cheers Stephen

I don't seem to see Oxfordshire

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
@stephencox32 sorry if this is a silly question, do the teams all have "real" player names/roles etc.? (not that i'd know from adam if they were or not.)

This feels like the sort of niche passion project i'd like to acknowledge by playing a bit with!

stephencox32

County Cricketer
@stephencox32 sorry if this is a silly question, do the teams all have "real" player names/roles etc.? (not that i'd know from adam if they were or not.)

This feels like the sort of niche passion project i'd like to acknowledge by playing a bit with!
@blockerdave hi. A few teams have correct names and roles but was finding it very time consuming and at times hard to find up to date squads even on the internet so opted to just fill most squads from uncontracted players from the database - these will show as allrounders. I would like to replace them with the real players and roles eventually time permitting but not sure when. The teams would’ve taken a while to do as there would be 240 players to design and create. I’m really hoping someone might take up that mantle as it would be cool - I haven’t restricted editing rights so technically anyone could do it. In the long term it would be more beneficial as some of the database players have been linked to other teams even though they are uncontracted and it’s been a challenge to sort out. Cheers Stephen[DOUBLEPOST=1516723424][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'll make sure ive posted it - I maybe have forgotten![DOUBLEPOST=1516715900][/DOUBLEPOST]
shared now.
@Chris Lickley Would it be better to use @wasteyouryouth squads with my teams? If it makes them more accurate I’m more than happy to do it. If so how do I get the squads?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
@blockerdave hi. A few teams have correct names and roles but was finding it very time consuming and at times hard to find up to date squads even on the internet so opted to just fill most squads from uncontracted players from the database - these will show as allrounders. I would like to replace them with the real players and roles eventually time permitting but not sure when. The teams would’ve taken a while to do as there would be 240 players to design and create. I’m really hoping someone might take up that mantle as it would be cool - I haven’t restricted editing rights so technically anyone could do it. In the long term it would be more beneficial as some of the database players have been linked to other teams even though they are uncontracted and it’s been a challenge to sort out. Cheers Stephen

ok thanks.

it's a shame that we lost the possibility to randomise appearances, which made this kind of task (bulk creating lots of unknown players) much simpler.

might be something people can collaborate on further down the line. i've a few other teams myself i mean to get around to making, may contribute to this after. a lot depends on BAs further support of the game to get it up to potential. i'm hardly playing it currently and not missing it at all

Chris Lickley

County Cricketer
Northern Superchargers
Profile Flag
England
@blockerdave hi. A few teams have correct names and roles but was finding it very time consuming and at times hard to find up to date squads even on the internet so opted to just fill most squads from uncontracted players from the database - these will show as allrounders. I would like to replace them with the real players and roles eventually time permitting but not sure when. The teams would’ve taken a while to do as there would be 240 players to design and create. I’m really hoping someone might take up that mantle as it would be cool - I haven’t restricted editing rights so technically anyone could do it. In the long term it would be more beneficial as some of the database players have been linked to other teams even though they are uncontracted and it’s been a challenge to sort out. Cheers Stephen[DOUBLEPOST=1516723424][/DOUBLEPOST] @Chris Lickley Would it be better to use @wasteyouryouth squads with my teams? If it makes them more accurate I’m more than happy to do it. If so how do I get the squads?
You don't have use his it's just the players you seem to be using appear in his teams which causes the linking problem

stephencox32

County Cricketer
ok thanks.

it's a shame that we lost the possibility to randomise appearances, which made this kind of task (bulk creating lots of unknown players) much simpler.

might be something people can collaborate on further down the line. i've a few other teams myself i mean to get around to making, may contribute to this after. a lot depends on BAs further support of the game to get it up to potential. i'm hardly playing it currently and not missing it at all
Yes I can’t understand why they took the randomise appearance option out given they kept the ability to create players in. I know they have a perceived history of releasing had baked games and abandoning support for them after the initial cash grab from thumb - I really hope they support Ashes in the long run. Why have you not been playing it? I’ve found it to be more stable then DBC 17.[DOUBLEPOST=1516723895][/DOUBLEPOST]
You don't have use his it's just the players you seem to be using appear in his teams which causes the linking problem
@Chris Lickley Ah I see. Have all linked players been sorted now or are there still some causing problems? I’m very grateful for you to letting me know of the ones causing problems - still not sure why some are not showing up on my squads and are on yours. Cheers.

Chris Lickley

County Cricketer
Northern Superchargers
Profile Flag
England
Yes I can’t understand why they took the randomise appearance option out given they kept the ability to create players in. I know they have a perceived history of releasing had baked games and abandoning support for them after the initial cash grab from thumb - I really hope they support Ashes in the long run. Why have you not been playing it? I’ve found it to be more stable then DBC 17.[DOUBLEPOST=1516723895][/DOUBLEPOST]
@Chris Lickley Ah I see. Have all linked players been sorted now or are there still some causing problems? I’m very grateful for you to letting me know of the ones causing problems - still not sure why some are not showing up on my squads and are on yours. Cheers.

Lincolnshire:

Grant Stewart is Linked to a Kent Player

Dhruv Shorey is Linked to a Delhi (domestic) Player

Brighton Zhawi is Linked to a Mashonaland Eagles Player

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

the game just isn't fun enough for me...

the game was playing better at release, the post-release patches so far have taken the game backwards. the AI dismissal variety is worse (much more cheap dismissals, less lbw), they've removed rain disruption, they've messed up the instant replay (vastly reduced appearance). and then, the way the AI plays when bowling 4th innings - something that was broken in dbc17 which i talked about then and all throughout beta - has never been looked at which kills first class/test matches which is mainly all i play.

Users who are viewing this thread