BASEBALL MLB 10: The Show

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
This game is amazing, the animations are so perfect. After a striker gets out it might show a cutscene but it flows through perfectly to each cutscene, unlike cricket. The throwing and catching animations and how the fielders react(hard to explain) was like wooowww. The crowd is actually active and are very individual. Like seeing people exiting and coming(the graphics are perfect), the crowd is like real.

It took me a while to get into this game(its soo hard) but once you play it for more than 10 hours(not consecutively obviously) this game will become awesome for you.

Video: MLB 09: The Show for PlayStation 3 Movies - MLB 09: The Show Movies - MLB 09: The Show Videos - MLB 09: The Show Trailers

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
MLB and NFL, even FIFA always WOW..cricket is always ████. so thats nothing new. pisses me off how we havnt had a decent cricket game

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Sounds good but no thanks. Don't follow nor like baseball much. Hopefully more sport games are gonna be like it though in the future.

P

pcfan123

Covvy you dont have to follow baseball to enjoy these games. Once you play 09, it's kind of depressing, because you realize it will be almost a decade before cricket games can compare, and by that time who knows what the baseball games will be like.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
NFL or MLB all those will be like Avatar. You get in there, and face the game. You will come back out with bruises and stuff

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Covvy you dont have to follow baseball to enjoy these games. Once you play 09, it's kind of depressing, because you realize it will be almost a decade before cricket games can compare, and by that time who knows what the baseball games will be like.

Still no thanks, I don't enjoy it all that much. The only American sport I like is NFL and a bit of basketball.

themuel1

International Coach
Lost my 09 disk, waiting on 10 now lol

10 looks amazing. New features include being a Catcher for a whole game - i.e. calling all the pitches etc.

Upgrades to the throwing meter that will reflect each player's arm strength based on attributes.
? Ground ball friction will provide more realistic bounces
? Ball collision improvements now enable the ball to bounce off of any part of the batter's body (or off the pitcher for comebackers). If you dive for a ball and miss it, the ball can be smothered, kicked, and deflected, and all outcomes follow real-life ball physics.
? A new movie maker where you can select multiple replays to add and edit to a single movie.

Graphics look to be even better aswell. Can't wait!:D

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
New features include being a Catcher for a whole game - i.e. calling all the pitches etc.

damn!! i didnt know that! thats sick!

themuel1

International Coach
Thought I'd bump the thread seeing as 10 is out today (or Yesterday). Looks amazing and has got fantastic reviews so far.

Can anyone tell me why NBA, NFL, NHL games are released in the Uk and yet MLB games arn't? Can't even ship it on Amazon despite it being region free.

Welcome to Video Games Plus Online - Only place I've found will ship here and its canadian so the exchange rate is pretty damn good.

P

pcfan123

I figure its because American football and Basketball are fairly global sports and are popular in Europe, baseball not so much.

Getting the game tonight :)

themuel1

International Coach
I figure its because American football and Basketball are fairly global sports and are popular in Europe, baseball not so much.

Getting the game tonight :)

Lucky git. Can we have a "first impressions" post please dude?

Users who are viewing this thread