BASEBALL MLB 15 The Show

weekendroady

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Anyone else play baseball games here on Planet Cricket?

I skipped the last two years, but am looking forward to getting my first PS4 baseball game later this month. They always do a fantastic job capturing the atmosphere of the game, moreso maybe than any other American sports game (NBA 2K a close second). I would have purchased Konama's Japanese baseball game too, but they declined on releasing it for PS4 yet again (I actually love that series, despite the language barrier).

I actually got turned off to baseball games since I just didn't have time to play them through, but something about DBC has got me back into enjoying some good long sit-downs and I've rediscovered my patience with sports games.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have MLB 13 and I'll probably pick up The Show 15 although for PS3 because I'm poor

Really good games though; I'm never been able to get through an entire season though. The ability to transfer saves between versions is a good idea that more games should have

Asham

International Coach
Kings XI
Baseball games are quite difficult

weekendroady

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Baseball games are quite difficult

I don't disagree and I love baseball. In the past I'd have a lot of games where I'd score 0-2 runs. There is a lot going on with controls, probably more so than most sports games.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
MLB the Show has always been the standard by which all bat/ball games should be judged. It's amazing.

For mobile I really like "9 Innings" for a casual little play on the train.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
Also deserving recognition is Out of the Park Baseball, which is the second best management game ever and isn't far behind FM (better in many ways); and it now has an MLB licence!

I've never played the mobile version but apparently last years version is free on the Appstore/Google Play - at least it was earlier this week... Its unlicensed but thanks to the American legal system all the real players are in it - a court ruled that you didn't need a MLBPA licence to feature players in a game or on your stats website or whatever, only if you wanted to use their likeness. I'd imagine its the same for all the management games though!

e: It also generates really interesting stories of the sort that happens in real life - in my Cubs game (since they are the only correct Baseball team to support) in OOTP 15 I ended up with a really good starting pitcher in my minor league system - apparently he was a 20th round draft pick (!) that everyone thought would be terrible but developed into a beast surprisingly quickly. First year in the majors: 31-0, ERA of 0.80 and a WHIP of 0.60. Batters against him averaged .160 and he only gave up two home runs all year. Unfortunately we only got to the NLDS before getting knocked out by the Cardinals but the future looks bright since we have this guy, Javier Baez and Kris Bryant still under auto-renew, and long term contracts for Castro and Rizzo. If I don't win a World Series with that team then I'm doing something wrong!

The number 1 pick in that draft was a career minor leaguer only getting to AA, and is now playing in Korea.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread