Mobile phone you use?

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
The flash one is annoying but I believe you can't get flash on websites on Nokia phones or the google phone either.

Any Windows Mobile 6.1 device with Flash Lite 3.0 support will open flash videos as smooth as silk. My phone came with 2.0 I think and I had to upgrade it, and now its fine. Although I'll choose push-email over web browsing any day.

Neo95

Club Cricketer
Simply not true as far as I can work out. Certainly not so in the UK.
The IPhone has a good market in USA,UK etc.But in India it is bullcrap.

Neo95 added 6 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

The flash one is annoying but I believe you can't get flash on websites on Nokia phones or the google phone either.

My uncle has a Nokia N95.He gets flash there.And if Iphone gets a rating of 90-95% in Uk it is going to get a rating of 45-50% in India.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
The IPhone has a good market in USA,UK etc.But in India it is bullcrap.

Neo95 added 6 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

My uncle has a Nokia N95.He gets flash there.And if Iphone gets a rating of 90-95% in Uk it is going to get a rating of 45-50% in India.

I'm afraid that is bullcrap. The iPhone has yet to achieve its true potential in India. Basically, I have not met even a single dissatisfied iPhone user. It has set the benchmark for Full touch screen phones.

It does have certain limitations but as Colin said, they aren't really that important.

Could you show me a site or proof about the iPhone getting 45-50%? The reviewer has to completely mental to do something that.

Personally I love my phone, and prefer it to iPhone myself. But I have to respect what Apple have achieved with their product. And this is coming from someone who actually is not fond of Apple.

Neo95

Club Cricketer
I'm afraid that is bullcrap. The iPhone has yet to achieve its true potential in India. Basically, I have not met even a single dissatisfied iPhone user. It has set the benchmark for Full touch screen phones.

That my friend is the reason it is rated that low.Ok let's start off that IPhone
is the greatest phone and it starts with 100%.A 10% cut for being overpriced.
Another 10% is for the operator.Another 10% for it's shabby map feature,A Nokia navigator which is 12000 offers better.A 3G phone released in a place where there is no 3G,complete madness this really deserves a 10% cut.

Or else this is another reason
Top Reasons why you shouldn’t buy an iphone | Learn To Hack - GoHacking.Com

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
G1>*

Including the iPhone. Love the full keyboard. May not look as great, but its a helluva device.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
That my friend is the reason it is rated that low.Ok let's start off that IPhone
is the greatest phone and it starts with 100%.A 10% cut for being overpriced.
Another 10% is for the operator.Another 10% for it's shabby map feature,A Nokia navigator which is 12000 offers better.A 3G phone released in a place where there is no 3G,complete madness this really deserves a 10% cut.

Or else this is another reason
Top Reasons why you shouldn’t buy an iphone | Learn To Hack - GoHacking.Com

I've seen sites like those and they are simply rubbish. Regarding the 3G, you do get a non-3G version which was released before, and how does the lack of a 3G network become a fault of the phone.

I agree that the map feature is poor on the iPhone, but that just another "irrelevant" feature on a phone.

Overpriced, well Apple products are always overpriced. Remember the iPod? I bought a Creative ZEN have stuck to that series, because they have better players with way more features and still cheaper.

m_vaughan added 1 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

G1>*

Including the iPhone. Love the full keyboard. May not look as great, but its a helluva device.

Do not believe it is better yet but has the potential. I think the look kills it, its so butt-ugly. Also while having the full keyboard is nice, it would be nice to have a on-screen one as well. Gets a bit annoying when you have keep using it for typing small texts. The Sony Xperia I believe has both?

Expect the future Android powered phones to seriously challenge the iPhone and Windows Mobile devices.

kills999

Club Cricketer
I hv 3110c (nokia).

I personally hate the iphone myself.
Why:
1)Bluetooth works only iphone to iphone and iphone to pc!!!(so u cant trade songs and videos with ur friens who dont hv iphone)
2) GPRS not supported
3)No java support,so u cant play most of the the popular games.
4) NO GPS too!!!!!!

So if i were to go for full touch i would buy the htc windows mobile devices rather than a dumb i phone.

Also another factor here in India is durability.My 3110c slips from my hands 5-6 times every day to the pavement.NOT A SINGLE SCRATCH YET!!!!!

Nokia phones are damn durable.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Nokia phones are durable alright, but I personally would not recommend the HTC Touch phones. They are pretty slow and keeps on freezing. Windows Mobile is just not good enough for full touch screen devices and both HTC and Samsung have had to hide all the horrible problems by using their own stuff. But sooner or later you will end up using a standard Windows application, which is just sad.

I think the BB Storm will be the ultimate touch phone.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
1)Bluetooth works only iphone to iphone and iphone to pc!!!(so u cant trade songs and videos with ur friens who dont hv iphone)

Rubbish. Where did you hear that? I'm literally sick of these bluetooth junky rumours in India.

iPhone has NO bluetooth! It has Wifi. The iPhone to iPhone transfer you're mentioning is NOT bluetooth, it is Wifi. So it'll work with any phone / computer that has Wifi, not necessarily iPhone. My uncle's iPhone works with his N81.

And anyways, Wifi >>>> Bluetooth.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
The Storm was officially released today. Could not resist the temptation and ended up purchasing it. Will be receiving it tomorrow or day after, and will post a short review then.

Users who are viewing this thread