More Key Features

Manly

Thor
Like the idea of 3 commentators, should be fun to hear them all three together during match. I do wonder if it's the first sports game to have 3 commentators while playing match.

San Diego Studios' game MLB: The Show has a 3-man team in the box.

D

Dutch

My main question centres around how the AI set the field...whether they make use of predetermined fieldsettings or whether they can actually adapt to the situation and not only set fields but also bowl to them....in Ashes 09 and 10 they would set an offside field and bowl on your legs......and persist with that despite leaking runs.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
At least having only three commentators solves my issue with AC09/IC10 that they would pick two at the start of a match and you'd be stuck with them the whole time. Slater is obviously continuing on his path to world domination - will he try and sell me KFC and Iced Coffee in the game as well?

Maybe the 24 teams and the leagues mode might help with gameplay depth - hopefully the team editing in the game isn't as painful as it was in IC2010 - the amount of menus you needed to add a bonus point ruined the good idea that they were in the game.

I'll certainly be interested how they've pulled off the dynamic gameplay. It might be another element of the depth issue if the game can still feel new after a few months.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I can't say 100% (because I can't remember exactly how we solved it), but this is a concern we're well aware of. I spent years playing PES against people using dirty-tactic exploit formations, and we'll definitely do something to stop people abusing that freedom.

Thanks Chief :thumbs Great to know you have thought about this problem area :cheers

Regards PES I haven't played it but have played FIFA online and you come across stuff which blows your mind... most of the times I came across people playing a sort of 6-0-4 formation with 100% pressure & aggression :facepalm If you didn't play similar to them you wouldn't even touch the ball in some cases. And if you were unfortunate enough to concede a goal you would see a 6-4-0 formation with 4 defensive midfielders.

Madden's the best online experience I have encountered as the only glitch seems to be that some people onside kick pretty much everytime and the AI somehow allows the onside kick to be recovered way too often.

----------

My main question centres around how the AI set the field...whether they make use of predetermined fieldsettings or whether they can actually adapt to the situation and not only set fields but also bowl to them....in Ashes 09 and 10 they would set an offside field and bowl on your legs......and persist with that despite leaking runs.

This has to be the key in offline gameplay. In AC09 AI seldom bowls to the field, i.e. they will bring the field in and then bowl short pitched stuff which is easily hit for boundaries. Then AI will spread the field and bowls good line & length which can be milked for easy runs :noway On top of that the field changes are too scripted, i.e. hit 3 4s and field changes.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Regards PES I haven't played it but have played FIFA online and you come across stuff which blows your mind... most of the times I came across people playing a sort of 6-0-4 formation with 100% pressure & aggression :facepalm If you didn't play similar to them you wouldn't even touch the ball in some cases. And if you were unfortunate enough to concede a goal you would see a 6-4-0 formation with 4 defensive midfielders.

Everyone knew that in PES all you had to do was push attacking players really high up and really wide, and the AI defensive positioning went out haywire.
I lost a games industry PES tournament when someone had done that, and the bitterness is still there, my runners-up trophy stained with a thousand tears. :D

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Sounds great,just can't wait for the release.Chief,can we expect atleast a screenshot of ingame graphics? Gameplay/trailer would be great.We can understand the copyrighted issues but still can't hide my excitement.:)

TopPlayer

County Cricketer
Some great news chief do you no how many stadiums will be in game. Hope ill see every nation of stadium so we can play on their home ground :thumbs

Allrounder18

Banned
@Chief
You mentioned that pitch will behave differently like low bounce ,steep bounce etc, how we gonna handle that? As I assume the shot playing animation being static/canned then how can we adjust at the last moment to keep the bat down as we see the bowl has kept low? You told that in this game we will feel more in control , Do we able to make last second adjustment to that uneven bounce?

nigelmaz

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Like the idea of 3 commentators, should be fun to hear them all three together during match. I do wonder if it's the first sports game to have 3 commentators while playing match.

Has it been confirmed that there are 3 commentators co-commentating together on one match or is it like IC2010 where it was different combinations of 2 commentators?

Van Nostrand

School Cricketer
Chief,

It's mentioned that there will be key Ashes stadiums.
Is Adelaide Oval one of these? And if so, will it look like the completed, redeveloped version, or the old one?

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Chief,

It's mentioned that there will be key Ashes stadiums.
Is Adelaide Oval one of these? And if so, will it look like the completed, redeveloped version, or the old one?

I can't confirm it. But I would say that if it IS in there, and is licensed, then it would obviously be the most up-to-date version of the stadium, built from the same blueprints as the stadium itself...

umosay

Club Captain
Sounds good. Will the game be moddable on PC? I know you're not allowed to 'support' this but it would be nice :P

NEW Batting - 360 degree control over shot placement and analogue power ? hit the ball EXACTLY where you want it!

If only real batting was that easy? If cricketers knew exactly where it was going it would be an easy game :)

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
I can't confirm it. But I would say that if it IS in there, and is licensed, then it would obviously be the most up-to-date version of the stadium, built from the same blueprints as the stadium itself...

Just wondering something chief, is the 3rd person mode for batting back.
I have not seen this in the features list, i liked the mode just needed few tweaks to get it right. Looking forward to the next few months.:yes

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sounds good. Will the game be moddable on PC? I know you're not allowed to 'support' this but it would be nice :P

NEW Batting - 360 degree control over shot placement and analogue power ? hit the ball EXACTLY where you want it!

If only real batting was that easy? If cricketers knew exactly where it was going it would be an easy game :)

Yea, I guess the text should have been "attempt to hit the ball exactly where you want it" :)

kingoffuel

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Mark Nicholas, David ?Bumble? Lloyd, Michael Slater! This is good news!!! Hopefully we have a few catch phrases (Start the car!). Personally I think that Mark Nicholas has been the best commentator in a cricket game (Cricket 07), followed by the late Tony Greig. Their commentary in the games sounded genuine and unforced which added to the authenticity.

Users who are viewing this thread