Mouseydread's Classic Cricket Teams

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded South Africa 1980s and South Africa 1970s

With the protests due to apartheid, world Test and ODI cricket had been deprived of some of the greatest players of the 1970s and 1980s. Luckily for most of them they did not only gain recognition from their own domestic league and cups which was at it's height, but also many played on All Star Teams, World Teams. and predominantly in the English Domestic Leagues. I always wonder if they had been allowed to play how they would have feared against Lloyd's 1970s and 80s West Indians and Ian Chappell's rowdy 1970s teams.

Many of these players would play in Kerry Packer World Series Cricket and become even bigger stars, one of two lasted until the ban was over and many would participate in the Rebel Tours to South Africa. We will never how good they would have been however the 1969/70 season side is considered one of the all time best.

Barry Richards, Mike Proctor and Graham Pollock are three of the greatest players of all time.

Some are in both decade squads. The 1970s squad arguably the better squad is based largely on the 1969/70 squad and the proposed 1971/72 touring party to Australia which never actually played due to the ban.

So tip your hats to,

"The lost generation of the 1970s and 1980s"

Graham Pollock, Peter Pollock, Adrian Kuiper, , Mandy Yachad, Stephen Jefferies, Pat Trimborn, Graham Chevalier, Dennis Atkinson, Ali Bacher, Hylton Ackerman, Barry Richards, Mike Proctor, Big Vin van der Bijl, Clive Rice, Denys Hobson, Alan Kourie, Kevin McKenzie, Ken McEwan, Lee Irvine, Peter Kirsten, Eddie Barlow, Garth LeRoux, Rupert "Spook" Hanley, Dave Richardson, Henry Fotheringham, Jimmy Cook, Roy Pienaar, Kenny Watson, Lawrence Seef, Brian Whitfield, Dassie Biggs, Hugh Page, Cory Van Zyl.

I'll keep adding to the squad as I go along like I did with Cricket 19.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

RDB3

Club Cricketer
Uploaded South Africa 1980s and South Africa 1970s

With the protests due to apartheid, world Test and ODI cricket had been deprived of some of the greatest players of the 1970s and 1980s. Luckily for most of them they did not only gain recognition from their own domestic league and cups which was at it's height, but also many played on All Star Teams, World Teams. and predominantly in the English Domestic Leagues. I always wonder if they had been allowed to play how they would have feared against Lloyd's 1970s and 80s West Indians and Ian Chappell's rowdy 1970s teams.

Many of these players would play in Kerry Packer World Series Cricket and become even bigger stars, one of two lasted until the ban was over and many would participate in the Rebel Tours to South Africa. We will never how good they would have been however the 1969/70 season side is considered one of the all time best.

Barry Richards, Mike Proctor and Graham Pollock are three of the greatest players of all time.

Some are in both decade squads. The 1970s squad arguably the better squad is based largely on the 1969/70 squad and the proposed 1971/72 touring party to Australia which never actually played due to the ban.

So tip your hats to,

"The lost generation of the 1970s and 1980s"

Graham Pollock, Peter Pollock, Adrian Kuiper, , Mandy Yachad, Stephen Jefferies, Pat Trimborn, Graham Chevalier, Dennis Atkinson, Ali Bacher, Hylton Ackerman, Barry Richards, Mike Proctor, Big Vin van der Bijl, Clive Rice, Denys Hobson, Alan Kourie, Kevin McKenzie, Ken McEwan, Lee Irvine, Peter Kirsten, Eddie Barlow, Garth LeRoux, Rupert "Spook" Hanley, Dave Richardson, Henry Fotheringham, Jimmy Cook, Roy Pienaar, Kenny Watson, Lawrence Seef, Brian Whitfield, Dassie Biggs, Hugh Page, Cory Van Zyl.

I'll keep adding to the squad as I go along like I did with Cricket 19.

Enjoy!
Loving it!! Thanx so much for all the effort. They would have been one of the top teams during the 80's.

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Class mate, are their plans for 90’s SA?
Hi @WealeyH yes there a few players up already from that era, I probably will update their faces more as the editor is a little more stable and I'm getting used to it, Cronje is very hard to make but my Donald is passable! Top of m head, Donald, Bosch, Gary Kirsten, Cronje, Richardson are up so far, maybe one or two more. I'd say Id get SA 90s up over the weekend, glad your enjoying!

Mr Snrub

International Cricketer
Hi @WealeyH yes there a few players up already from that era, I probably will update their faces more as the editor is a little more stable and I'm getting used to it, Cronje is very hard to make but my Donald is passable! Top of m head, Donald, Bosch, Gary Kirsten, Cronje, Richardson are up so far, maybe one or two more. I'd say Id get SA 90s up over the weekend, glad your enjoying!
I've got a few 90's South Africa up, Hansie Cronje, Meyrick Pringle, Brian McMillan, Fanie de Villiers, Allan Donald and Richard Snell. Still working on the rest of the '92 World Cup squad, but have NZ WC'92 and England WC'92 up now. Recently completed Australia WC'92, but need to upload that yet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread