My Batting Advice

Rabin

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
You are probably pressing down on the right stick, which is the leave button, in your reaction to wanting to play a shot. I do it it sometimes too and it is a pain in the Gordon Ramsey, as with bowling you can be quite subtle in your use of the sticks and still get the same results.

I had this exact problem today in the batting cage for the first time on the new demo. I'm just hamfisted and heavy on the controller.

I had to make a real effort to relax my thumb and just move the stick, instead of hammering it into position.

My wife was amused, as usual, by my neanderthal finesse causing yet more problems in a game. You should see me playing the MLB baseball game - my whole body jerks around when I hit a power shot. I don't think my PS4 controller will last as long as the console... :facepalm

daveyboy

School Cricketer
Mate I had same problem!try just flicking right stick instead of holding direction ur trying to play shot!

javs52

School Cricketer
hello guys
i have a few questions about the batting, i was struggling a bit earlier on..was never able to connect bat/ball...but now since i changed the cam to broadcast mode from batsman cam it seems to be better

anyway i still cant score more than 20 runs in career, my batsman is only 16 and i must have played 50 matches already...

1. will he get better over time in career or its just going to be the same ? i have also difficulty scoring in casual matches on pro difficulty

2. when batsman is fresh in crease and if he is on crease for some time, does he get better or buildup confidence etc and his timing will improve or it doesnt matter?

i cannot do any aggressive shots, batsman always gets out in the deep thanks to super saiyan fielders who can run from fine leg to deep mid wicket instantly as if they are on skates. how can i play aggressive shots coz my timings isnt right as there is also no meter?

4. its hard to read fast bowlers, can the speed of the ball coming in for fast bowlers be reduced in a patch ? for able to read the line and length. i am fine with spinners on broadcast cam

5. where can we find patch notes for patch 2 & 3 released by big ant
thanks in advance for any answers

Jadel

Club Captain
1. Yes, and so will you.
2. Yes
3. Your timing is wrong.
4. Yes it's hard, they say they addressed that a bit in p2
5. You can't.

javs52

School Cricketer
but bigant have been very supportive of this game...i know they are working on improving the game

i am sure they can provide some patch notes, even the big game studios provide it.

Jadel

Club Captain
but bigant have been very supportive of this game...i know they are working on improving the game

i am sure they can provide some patch notes, even the big game studios provide it.

excellent batting advice thanks .. I cant wait to try it in game.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Any tips for facing spin? I've tried a few things, but I'm out to a spinner so often. If I try and block I edge it, or miss it. I've had some luck with sweeping, especially reverse, and had a little bit of success advancing down the track and pushing singles. Any tips? What gameplan do you go for against spin?

barjatya

School Cricketer
Any tips for facing spin? I've tried a few things, but I'm out to a spinner so often. If I try and block I edge it, or miss it. I've had some luck with sweeping, especially reverse, and had a little bit of success advancing down the track and pushing singles. Any tips? What gameplan do you go for against spin?

l2+front foot late cut

most of the time there is no third man for spinner

once if you start playing this shot then the AI will put in the third man which will then open your cover/ long off are

so you will easily be able to play straight bat shots then

CallyT

School Cricketer

If you want to block spin, the best way I have found is on the front foot and angle slightly towards mid on if you are a right hander.

So push the controller to about 11 o'clock with R2 for some reason it seems the safest way to kill it. Obviously don't go trying to block something way outside off stump this way.

Anything on Leg to off stump, I find the easiest is to play it to between 1 o'clock to 3 o'clock, avoid dead straight if your timing isnt the best or play between 10 o'clock to 11 oclock on the on side. Beware it is easier on the on side to hit it in the air. You can try the late cutting as above but i think its a bit of an exploit in the game and doesn't help in the long run. I play all spin on the front foot btw.

Last edited:

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
Also you're probably playing too early.

the late cut is a good idea like said, but I find i struggle to time that and edge it to the keep quite often, if it's outside off i usually play the revers sweep instead, I struggle to time that just as much, but i never edge it, either miss or play it to the point area. always spoons up a little so i only play it if there is no forward/backward/regular point.

also once you can time spin remotely well it's really easy to hit anything straightish over mid on/off for 4/6, usually doing this twice forces mid on back and opens up the ones/twos to long on for quite a while, so one or two shots with some risk can effecftively generate 20-30 pretty easy runs

Cloda

School Cricketer
Playing spin is frustrating to say the least. I'm practising on Legend difficulty RSA against Australia all time best until the patch comes out. I'm still struggling to figure out which direction the ball is going to spin with Shane Warne and the length indicator colours green/yellow (red - don't think I have had a short ball yet). I always play on the front foot and the best I have found so far to keep the ball down is place your foot early and also play the shot as early as you are certain which shot you are going to play. Playing straight or towards mid-on also seems more risky as the ball tends to go in the air more no matter what you do (e.g. place your foot, play early/late) and Shane is unbelievable of his own bowling. Playing late for me just end up in edges, especially with balls pitched outside offside. It is very frustrating when you smack a ball pitched outside off through mid-off and playing exactly the same shot etc. to a similar ball you get caught out behind with no indication why things went wrong.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Also you're probably playing too early.

the late cut is a good idea like said, but I find i struggle to time that and edge it to the keep quite often, if it's outside off i usually play the revers sweep instead, I struggle to time that just as much, but i never edge it, either miss or play it to the point area. always spoons up a little so i only play it if there is no forward/backward/regular point.

also once you can time spin remotely well it's really easy to hit anything straightish over mid on/off for 4/6, usually doing this twice forces mid on back and opens up the ones/twos to long on for quite a while, so one or two shots with some risk can effecftively generate 20-30 pretty easy runs

Probably. Need to get in the nets and have a decent practice against spin I think, and work on some scoring options.

Cloda

School Cricketer
Geez, if you want to play spin don't go South Africa...

Touch?... I'm loyal and play to the hand that I was dealt :p

On another batting matter. I'm practising to play full balls on the off-side and for the life of me I am not able to play a front-foot drive to point or backwards of point. The batsman tries to play this weird front-foot cut which does not work for a full ball on off or wide of off. The only shots I can get right is to play towards mid-off and a late squirt to third man.

Is there a missing shot in the game or am I missing something?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread